Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is OVH Spirit?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is OVH Spirit?

Hi,

One year ago, I read about the "imminent" creation of OVH Spirit, but since I couldn't find any information about it. So I thought that may be someone here, can tell me what it is.

It sounded like the merge of OVH dedicated servers/vps/domain names + SoYouStart + Kimsufi under a single brand, is that it? If so, when is it happening?

Thanks,

Comments

• Three dudes at the same time.

• YuraYura Member
    edited November 2018

OVH spirit - non-recurring discounts

Thanked by 1rsyncs
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2018

Flash sales are resulting in recurring discounts.

Additionally, what I am doing is to get one of the black friday offer, pay 13 months at once, so the discount applies to a whole year + 1 month. Then, if needed, I change offer on the next black friday.

Now my question was about the "brand" "OVH Spirit" , which was announced the 2017 OVH Summit. Back to that time, it sounded something imminent, but now a whole year passed, and I can't find it. I'd like to know what it's going to change for existing clients, I have an account at OVH, SYS and Kimsufi. Will these accounts be merged? How, and when? And what about existing lease, will price be changed?

What I do not understand, is that, some years ago, OVH split into several Brands, SYS and KS, saying it was the way to go, and now they want to merge it back ?!

• @SteveMC said:

Additionally, what I am doing is to get one of the black friday offer, pay 13 months at once, so the discount applies to a whole year + 1 month. Then, if needed, I change offer on the next black friday.

Now my question was about the "brand" "OVH Spirit" , which was announced the 2017 OVH Summit. Back to that time, it sounded something imminent, but now a whole year passed, and I can't find it. I'd like to know what it's going to change for existing clients, I have an account at OVH, SYS and Kimsufi. Will these accounts be merged? How, and when? And what about existing lease, will price be changed?

What I do not understand, is that, some years ago, OVH split into several Brands, SYS and KS, saying it was the way to go, and now they want to merge it back ?!

You can watch the summit 2018 where they explain more about it, and they also explain why it took the time it did.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • OVH Spirit = when resell them with two times less specs and with two times more cost.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

You mean the french spirit.

• "Smells Like OVH Spirit" by Oles Cobain

• "Derpy Decix Will Have Her Revenge on Roubaix"
    "The basil who sold the cloud"
    "Return of the RPS"

• @bjo said:
    "The basil who sold the cloud"

Best 90-s emo song. Thumbs up who listens to it in 2018.

Thanked by 2bjo that_guy
  • Give me an O

Give me a V

Give me a H

What's that spell OVH!!!!

Thanked by 1eol
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

@Yura said:
    OVH spirit - non-recurring discounts

@SteveMC said:

Just to respond to the Blackfriday part, it will be all recurring this year :)

• There is OVH in every bandwidth used, it's toxic spirit

• @ninzo59 said:

Thank you ninzo59. On KS too ?

@SteveMC said:

@ninzo59 said:

No Blackfriday for KS, but most likely a flash sale later.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • @ninzo59 said:

@SteveMC said:

@ninzo59 said:

Dearest Ninzo 59,

Will this be a recurring promotion for VPS plans?

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

@jamespeach said:

@ninzo59 said:

@SteveMC said:

@ninzo59 said:

Dearest Ninzo 59,

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

No recurring on VPS sorry

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • Thank you ninzo59 for your comments about BlackFriday.

And about OVHspirit? This was the theme of this topic :) Can you tell us, when OVH / Sys / KS will be merged? (I mean the dedicated servers / VPS) ? Will it generate change in actual leases prices?

Thank you again,

@SteveMC said:
    Thank you ninzo59 for your comments about BlackFriday.

And about OVHspirit? This was the theme of this topic :) Can you tell us, when OVH / Sys / KS will be merged? (I mean the dedicated servers / VPS) ? Will it generate change in actual leases prices?

Thank you again,

No news about OVHspirit and merge for now. Will come in 2019

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • @ninzo59 said:

@jamespeach said:

@ninzo59 said:

@SteveMC said:

@ninzo59 said:

Dearest Ninzo 59,

With Warm Regards,
    James B Peach

No recurring on VPS sorry

Dear Ninzo 59,

I am deeply saddest and mistrusted by your judgement.

With Regards,
    James B peach

Thanked by 1mfs
  • @ninzo59 will the "double bw" that Octave anounced become efective before blackfriday?

Thanked by 1sgheghele
  • @ninzo59 said:

No news about OVHspirit and merge for now. Will come in 2019

Okay, thank you!

@estimadarocha said:
    @ninzo59 will the "double bw" that Octave anounced become efective before blackfriday?

Double BW is taking lot of time, because we have to migrate 350k servers... it's on going, step by step. So I m more confident saying it will be done for everyone early 2019.

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • SteveMCSteveMC Member
    edited November 2018

Thank you again @ninzo59. You know, OVH should publish this kind of information. This would make things easier and allow a better vision of how things are going on and when.

Since things are going off-topic, may I ask you @ninzo59 if there are really KS-9 at BHS? It's been months I am awaiting to try to get one, but it's never available...

@SteveMC said:
    Thank you again @ninzo59. You know, OVH should publish this kind of information. This would make things easier and allow a better vision of how things are going on and when.

Since things are going off-topic, may I ask you @ninzo59 if there are really KS-9 at BHS? It's been months I am awaiting to try to get one, but it's never available...

Some customers have already the BW doubled, it's random, as I said its step by step. I ve just heard we have already done lot of servers. So might be december for everyone.

I know we should :/ From my sides, I don't have all infos on it, so I can't.

About KS-9 at BHS, just checked with teams concerned, We will make around 50 servers probably for the week. Keep checking :) (or subscribe email alert from some websites made my LET guys which allow to know when a server is available to order ;) )

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • About KS-9 at BHS, just checked with teams concerned, We will make around 50 servers probably for the week. Keep checking :)

Great thank you!

@SteveMC said:

About KS-9 at BHS, just checked with teams concerned, We will make around 50 servers probably for the week. Keep checking :)

Great thank you!

For the next week* sorry ^^

Thanked by 1SteveMC
  • For the next week* sorry ^^

Still fine :)

• Would love to see some more of those ARM storage servers. Merging the brands will also be great.

• Would love to see some more of those ARM storage servers

+1