Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AutoVM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

AutoVM

mahdavimahdavi Member
edited November 2018 in General

We broke the rules here!

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Design needs to be improved. Specially on mobile... Nevertheless, will follow it.

• What is payment method?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

Well here is the problem you been banned before and no one wants to use your crap panel. SEO time

Thanked by 1MasonR

When I installed AutoVM, I began to have kernel panics. Upon deeper inspection, it turned out that AutoVM contained malware and fucked up my kernel.

It also began to send out massive spam e-mails.

Avoid AutoVM. Avoid AutoVM.

Feel free to write the experiences you had with autovm.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

This escalated quickly.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@MikePT said:
    This escalated quickly.

I am always late at these situations : /

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • It really is 'low end' moderation if you're going to replace someones post with our own jokey interpretation

There aren't enough mods to begin with. There are only 2 active mods. Used to be 10 of them.

• I remember banning at least 2 accounts of autovm in my time as a mod.

Thanked by 1kkrajk
  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

I don't get it. Is WHMCS really that expensive? Hosting company cannot afford to fork out a few 10 bucks a months?

Barrier to entry for hosting is really not much...

• @randvegeta said:
    I don't get it. Is WHMCS really that expensive? Hosting company cannot afford to fork out a few 10 bucks a months?

They seem to have a license for their whmcs, at least at this time. Not sure if they just acquired one.

Yet again, they've been banned multiple times in the past and ban-evading wont do them any good.

edited November 2018

@randvegeta said:

Come on, dude. You've been here long enough. Summerhosts struggle to pay 1 dollar/year plans. Compared to that, WHMCS license fee is like ... really high.

@deank said:

@randvegeta said:

Come on, dude. You've been here long enough. Summerhosts struggle to pay 1 dollar/year plans. Compared to that, WHMCS license fee is like ... really high.

Even if using totally ripped off softwares, I am wondering what exactly is the cost of starting a summer host? How many $ and how much time is actually needed?

• ricardo said: It really is 'low end' moderation if you're going to replace someones post with our own jokey interpretation

Not really. It is a common practice for long in LET, when somebody is trying to earn SEO without following the rules, even more when he is using stolen material and nulled WHMCS. When someone is trying to earn SEO using crappy ways, he earns SEO but in a different way...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2018

@randvegeta said:

@deank said:

@randvegeta said:

Even if using totally ripped off softwares, I am wondering what exactly is the cost of starting a summer host? How many $ and how much time is actually needed?

$30 and 2 hours.

I’m no stranger to it. I danced around ideas for months and then ran with them in a span of 1-2 hours with minimal budget. CatalystVPS, MXroute, same story. Only difference between myself and a summer host each time being self respect.

That really is the only barrier though isn’t it, between any of us? Me and you care about ourselves enough to not go out and trash our names.

jar said: That really is the only barrier though isn’t it, between any of us? Me and you care about ourselves enough to not go out and trash our names.

I would hope it's more than that. Otherwise, it suggest people will just hide behind a disposable alias.

One would hope that decency and integrity still plays a role in people's decision making. As well as wanting to provide a decent service, and not just hawk off any old crap. Or is that just naive?

Thanked by 1jar

@randvegeta said:

jar said: That really is the only barrier though isn’t it, between any of us? Me and you care about ourselves enough to not go out and trash our names.

I would hope it's more than that. Otherwise, it suggest people will just hide behind a disposable alias.

One would hope that decency and integrity still plays a role in people's decision making. As well as wanting to provide a decent service, and not just hawk off any old crap. Or is that just naive?

I mean it can all be connected though right? You care about yourself enough to have integrity. If you don’t care about yourself at all, integrity doesn’t seem so appealing. It’s all in the name of being the best version of yourself for yourself, then you can be the best version for others.

Maybe I’m extra philosophical today lol

@jar said:

@randvegeta said:

I mean it can all be connected though right? You care about yourself enough to have integrity. If you don’t care about yourself at all, integrity doesn’t seem so appealing. It’s all in the name of being the best version of yourself for yourself, then you can be the best version for others.

Maybe I’m extra philosophical today lol

CAN be, but not necessary. If you're a Trek fan, you will know that Warf allowed himself to be dishonored and accept dis-commendation by the high council in order to 'save' the Empire. But I digress!

Thanked by 1jar

@jarLard, where did the lid to your jar run off to?

deank said: where did the lid to your jar run off to?

Before one can lose something, one must first possess it.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

randvegeta said: One would hope that decency and integrity still plays a role in people's decision making. As well as wanting to provide a decent service, and not just hawk off any old crap. Or is that just naive?

edited November 2018

Sigh

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2018

Don't get your knickers in a twist. I have my reasons for thinking what I think. I didn't say you 'wronged me'. I didn't say you were 'low end' either. I said replacing someone's text with your own is a low end style of moderation.

No need to pervert things any more than they are already.

Nice one. removing your post... no point discussing accountability...

@ricardo Well everyone can edit their post for set amount of time. I realized I took what you said to heart. So i was not trying to come off as asshat. But then you have to something stupid as the end.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2018

Sakes man. You are a clown. You put all kinds of daft statements and then remove them and then claim I'm taking it to heart.

Can't be bothered with this clown stuff. I used this site for work. Cheers. Learn how to moderate like an adult.

edited November 2018

@ricardo Dont take it personal like I did! Again don't tell me How I am supposed to feel after the statement you made. I told you before I wrote what i said out of anger and that is why i edited my post. But you couldn't take that at face value? I tried to show you some kind of respect but then you want to be a dickhead about. Well again you feel like you can do the job better please do so? If you aint got nothing nice to say don't say it all!

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2018

Look. I made a comment about your choice of moderation, if you want to discuss that then fine. Hissy fits, emotions, blah blah blah, not interested. You're just being sensitive and not objective, and making it my problem,which it isn't.

I'm not interested in doing your job, and clearly you're not interested in taking any criticism.

There was no respect involved in your reply. You implied a lot of rubbish.

• ricardo said: ricardo

For my view He just trying to cut off any criticism from the line about every provider, but again has no offense about it.

This discussion has been closed.