Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevereto 50% off
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chevereto 50% off

In case anyone needs, I just noticed that the famous image hosting script Chevereto is offering 50% on its single-domain and multiple-domain licenses (owned licenses, $34 for single-domain and $49 for multiple-domain after discount). You can use chevereto as a personal album or provide public image upload and hosting.

https://chevereto.com/pricing

The discount will start today (presumably in observation of the Chinese 11-11 shopping festival) until black Friday.

Comments

• I am using its free version, and it was pretty good..

• HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

Sounds like Chocolato or Cappuchino :smiley:

• @Hukin said:
    Sounds like Chocolato or Cappuchino :smiley:

Latin words sound all the same.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

My name is Endis Nigh. People often confuse as if I am saying End Is Nigh.

Thanked by 2dedicados Wolveix
  • HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

deank said: My name is Endis Nigh.

Endis De Midle

• This is a store of pictures of the program?

• 36062023606202 Member
    edited November 2018

Caution, guys!

The website says:

The current major version is 3, so you will get free updates and support for the lifespan of this edition.

Meaning, that when V4 comes out, you have to buy a new license.

The site also says:

Lifespan for each major version is about 4-5 years.

Now we look at what time V3 came out:

Chevereto v3.0.0.
    Released on April 5th 2014

Do the math yourself... ;-) If you buy your license now, you'll probably have to buy a new one next year to receive updates. Not so much of a great deal if you ask me.

• @3606202 said:

Caution, guys!

The website says:

The current major version is 3, so you will get free updates and support for the lifespan of this edition.

Meaning, that when V4 comes out, you have to buy a new license.

The site also says:

Lifespan for each major version is about 4-5 years.

Now we look at what time V3 came out:

Chevereto v3.0.0.
    Released on April 5th 2014

Do the math yourself... ;-) If you buy your license now, you'll probably have to buy a new one next year to receive updates. Not so much of a great deal if you ask me.

Thanks for pointing this out. Let's ask @Rodolfo when V4 is gonna be released?

Thanked by 13606202
  • RodolfoRodolfo Member
    edited November 2018

It always catch my attention how poorly most people digest the information right in front of their eyes. Most of the time is always the same, we don't pay enough attention.

At the pricing page, under "Lifetime deal" it reads:

Lifetime deal

Our lifetime deal allows you to use Chevereto for long as you want. You will get access to both updates and support within the lifespan of your licensed edition:

• Use your licensed edition for as long as you want
    • Get access to all updates and support
    • Update fee applies only if you want to update to the next major version
    • Absolutely no time-based renewal fees

You only pay a fee. Not a full license price, and ONLY if you want to make that jump. This is like getting Red Dead Redemption 2 for a fraction of it cost only because you purchased the first game. No one offers this kind of deal and on top of that, we have folks like you spreading bad information rather than encouraging others to offer the same kind of deal.

You also pointed one of our fine print terms (lifespan). Why omit the whole thing? Here:

1. Your purchase is covered with six (6) months of free updates in the event of the release of a new major version. Purchases outside of this range (up to 12 months) get a 50% discount on the update fee.
    2. Lifespan for each major version is about 4-5 years.
    3. Chevereto 4 is not under development at this time.

Do you know lots of software providers offering purchase protection in the event of a major update? Why skip things like that and only focus on the information that sustain your paranoia?

Anyone can check wayback machine for the pricing page and you will notice that this information is solid.

https://chevereto.com/pricing

Hope that for once people start to appreciate what indie companies like us do. We truly pay attention to customers, we offer the best deal (heck, we even extend our Black Friday to 2 weeks!).

Hope that it was just because fast reading. It will be a shame if this is only for push us down.

Thanked by 1hardgamers
  • @dedipromo said:
    Thanks for pointing this out. Let's ask @Rodolfo when V4 is gonna be released?

V4 is not under development because I'm rebuilding the thing from scratch and now my goal is to offer a platform for building universal apps (any device) for self-hosted media sharing.

At this time I'm still figuring out how that will be achieved in a way that will make the service cheaper to run, way more dev friendly and easier to monetize.

This kind of process is slow, but it will worth the wait.

Thanked by 1dedipromo