Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alibaba Cloud Singles Day
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alibaba Cloud Singles Day

Some discounts going on there at Alibaba Cloud in case you are interested (also for domains iirc):
https://www.alibabacloud.com/de/campaign/singles-day-11-11-2018?utm_content=m_1000023269

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]

Comments

• The discount only applied on yearly term. And their lowest plan ($40ish / year) is burstable shared and you can only use 10% of its maximal capacity under normal workload.

TL;DR : Their deal sucks.

• @yokowasis said:

Agreed.

• @yokowasis said:
    The discount only applied on yearly term. And their lowest plan ($40ish / year) is burstable shared and you can only use 10% of its maximal capacity under normal workload.

I'm not using them. Just thought I'd share in case anyone is interested ;)

• @Ympker said:
    I'm not using them.

#MeToo

• Beware. Their distros have backdoors that they and the chinese government can inspect you server including all your data, shell commands etc.

• @blackjack4494 said:
    Beware. Their distros have backdoors that they and the chinese government can inspect you server including all your data, shell commands etc.

No problem, Intel and AMD CPUs have backdoors as well.

Thanked by 3[Deleted User] Xei tux
  • Offers for trial cloud servers are not available in Dubai datacenters.

• don't use it if you are human.

• moni099878moni099878 Member
    edited November 2018

Anyway, AlibabaCloud has the cheapest CN2 route to China (Singapore and Hong Kong, 1TB on 30Mbps , start at $4.5/Mo).
    So I don't care about the backdoors because of its price (I can install the system myself)

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@blackjack4494 said:
    Beware. Their distros have backdoors that they and the chinese government can inspect you server including all your data, shell commands etc.

Just as a sidenote, this is a feature of every shared hosting / VPS provider on this planet. Whenever the hardware is shared, somebody's always going to have access.

• IMHO Not worth buying service from them.

They want a copy of your passport, driver's license and bank card.

If you don't provide it they won't delete your credit card info or your account info.

I realize this is the norm in China to get service. But that's not the norm in the international environment.

I would suggest avoiding this service provider at all costs.

• smilesmile Member
    edited November 2018

@FZhang said:
    IMHO Not worth buying service from them.

If you don't provide it they won't delete your credit card info or your account info.

I realize this is the norm in China to get service. But that's not the norm in the international environment.

china is gangster with passport/id which is funny when they complain about countries outside of it request them.

edited November 2018

@FZhang said:

I've been using it for so long. You don't need to upload a copy of your passport, driver's license or bank card when you delete account.
    They need these when they think your account is risky.

• China should be treated exactly the same like North Korea.

• easyeasy Member
    edited November 2018

@moni099878 said:

@FZhang said:

I've been using it for so long. You don't need to upload a copy of your passport, driver's license or bank card when you delete account.

Lol, 1 more reason to not use service from them..

• They charge $118 for 2 Core, 8 GB VPS in London. I'd better rent a whole server from Clouvider or Zare for the same price.

However, they use an expensive cpu on that server
    https://ark.intel.com/products/120504/Intel-Xeon-Platinum-8168-Processor-33M-Cache-2-70-GHz-

• creep said: China should be treated exactly the same like North Korea.

You cannot ignore or ban them, China a World's 1-st manufacturing leader, 80% imported goods made in China. They simply leave you without pants :blush:

Thanked by 3hostdare ehhthing tux
    edited November 2018

@easy said:

@moni099878 said:

@FZhang said:

Lol, 1 more reason to not use service from them..

It's normal, isn't it?
    Amazon Web Service, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform and so on... All of them require authentication if they think the account is risky.

• @Hukin said:

creep said: China should be treated exactly the same like North Korea.

You cannot ignore or ban them, China a World's 1-st manufacturing leader, 80% imported goods made in China. They simply leave you without pants :blush:

yes we can. Someday you will see it.

• @creep said:

@Hukin said:

creep said: China should be treated exactly the same like North Korea.

yes we can. Someday you will see it.

How feasible is that?

• Guys, with that type of comments you will get a very low social credit rating in China.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

Yura said: How feasible is that?

Capture of few oil towers more profitable our times than push in immigrants to work in factory :wink: