Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Box for 250-300€ (refurbished / new) that can host 3 CSGO 24 slot servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Box for 250-300€ (refurbished / new) that can host 3 CSGO 24 slot servers

Hello,

Sorry if I'm posting in a wrong thread, but I'm interested in getting a new dedicated box.

Looking for a box to be able to handle 3x CSGO servers at 24/24 players all the time.

Internet connection is not an issue, got a 200/70 Mb/s connection.

Thanks so much.

Comments

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep

Hi,

when you're from germany you might look on ebay for older pcs,
    There are a lot of older models with core i7 2600 cpu and 8-16gb ram being sold for around 190-220€.

Since CSGO needs a good single - core performance and your budget is tight that would be my recommendation.

• I recommend a Xeon E3 (Sandy Bridge) workstation like the Dell T1600 or any other brand from ebay/amazon/...

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

As a sidenote, your ISP is going to hate you in case of a DDOS. And public game servers have a tendency to get DDOSed.

Anyway, look on eBay for 2nd gen i7 and later stuff. Or Xeon E3 v2+

• Can get some cheap Dell Optiplexes on eBay

• You could get a Dell R715 rack mountable server with 2 x Opteron 6276 16core 2,3 GHz and 32 GB RAM of ebay for arround 270€.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@Timtimo13 said:
    You could get a Dell R715 rack mountable server with 2 x Opteron 6276 16core 2,3 GHz and 32 GB RAM of ebay for arround 270€.

Opterons for gaming? Please don't. Game servers are single threaded.

Opterons also consume a metric ton of power.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Would a R710 be enough for it? ir R715?

Thanks

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited November 2018

@hudson said:
    Would a R710 be enough for it? ir R715?

Thanks

R715 if you dont mind noise and 800W electricity consumption that opteron comes with.

Good on winters though.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I suggest if anyone PM's you without posting here first you ignore them, a lot of scams going on with 2nd hand hardware here, or at least if you make a deal post their name here.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Ignore PMs and just use ebay. PM should be disabled for new users really.

• @AnthonySmith said:
    I suggest if anyone PM's you without posting here first you ignore them, a lot of scams going on with 2nd hand hardware here, or at least if you make a deal post their name here.

I think he came to that idea through my post, not through any PM.
    Found that server on eBay myself ;-)

I don't think an Opteron 6276 system will shower you with happiness.
    CSGO/Gmod needs good single core - performance.

• NOpteron

• I have ordered "HP ProLiant DL380 G6 2x Quad Core 2.8GHz X5560 32GB RAM" from Amazon.

Refurbished for 220€, thank you very much guys.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Opteron the fuck? no.

He does not want to run webservers, he wants to run gameservers.
    Webserver do not care about single thread perf, since they have multiple threads.

Gameservers do care, CSGO servers are running in one single thread.

I would have rather picked an E3 or i7 instead of X5560, but E3 or i7 sounds overkill or just 3 gameservers.

A cheap Intel Dual core cpu could even handle that with like 3-4k bench.

• Yes, old core2duos like the E8400 or higher work surprisingly well due to the large and fast L2 cache. Would go for E3 anyway.

Well, that dual X5560 will certainly draw more power from the wall then an E3 or i7 under load :tongue:
    It was also launched almost 10 years ago.