Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Looking for plex pass lifetime coupon
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Looking for plex pass lifetime coupon

Anyone got one of those email coupons to lower the price of lifetime plex pass they're not gonna use lying around? I'd appreciate the hookup.

Thanks!

Comments

  • My reason to buy plex pass lifetime is their cloud plex. Now they abandoned it, I don't see any reason to buy it. Kodi is much better option for free (albeit harder to setup)

  • @yokowasis said:
    Kodi is much better option for free (albeit harder to setup).

    Kodi and Plex aren't really interchangeable.

    Thanked by 1netomx
  • I use Plex as home media center without an account at all so no need for me to get plexpass.

  • @IncognitoBurrito said:

    @yokowasis said:
    Kodi is much better option for free (albeit harder to setup).

    Kodi and Plex aren't really interchangeable.

    In my case yes it's. I just need something to watch movie and series on my unlimited Google drive storage.

  • hacktekhacktek Member
    edited November 2018

    @yokowasis said:
    My reason to buy plex pass lifetime is their cloud plex. Now they abandoned it, I don't see any reason to buy it. Kodi is much better option for free (albeit harder to setup)

    My reason for needing plex pass has nothing to do with plex cloud, I need hardware transcoding which is only available on the paid version.

    I also very much disagree that Kodi is better than Plex. If you're using it for yourself on a handful of clients sure, when you have a bunch of users who will use a bunch of different clients on a bunch of different platforms all with different capabilities and connection speeds/qualities you can't really rely on a one size fits all solution without transcoding which is what Kodi provides.

  • @hacktek said:

    @yokowasis said:
    My reason to buy plex pass lifetime is their cloud plex. Now they abandoned it, I don't see any reason to buy it. Kodi is much better option for free (albeit harder to setup)

    My reason for needing plex pass has nothing to do with plex cloud, I need hardware transcoding which is only available on the paid version.

    I also very much disagree that Kodi is better than Plex. If you're using it for yourself on a handful of clients sure, when you have a bunch of users who will use a bunch of different clients on a bunch of different platforms all with different capabilities and connection speeds/qualities you can't really rely on a one size fits all solution without transcoding which is what Kodi provides.

    Again. In my case. Most of my video doesn't transcoding, and support direct play. Also I don't have a bunch of users on a bunch of clients. When they decided to discontinue Plex cloud I feel betrayed because that's literally the reason why I buy the lifetime pass.

  • I don’t get why there’s a discussion as to Plex vs Kodi here

    In any case, OP perhaps can wait for Black Friday. I picked up my pass then.

  • I have a couple, PMing you now

    Thanked by 1hacktek

    HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently
    Location: https://talk.lowendspirit.com

  • Thanks @MasonR , for some reason it says the code is invalid so I guess maybe they check that the account they sent it to is the one redeeming? Even though I couldn't use it I appreciate you sending it. I hadn't thought about black friday, hopefully they do a deal.

  • @hacktek said:
    Thanks @MasonR , for some reason it says the code is invalid so I guess maybe they check that the account they sent it to is the one redeeming? Even though I couldn't use it I appreciate you sending it. I hadn't thought about black friday, hopefully they do a deal.

    Yep it is linked to the invited account.

  • hacktek said: I hadn't thought about black friday, hopefully they do a deal.

    They sent out a 25% off coupon for the annual pass last Christmas. The coupon for the lifetime pass is random and tied to the email its sent to.

  • Actually, it doesn't seem like that's the case. I created a new account and tried it there and it does show the discount. I think it might not be working because I'm currently on the plex pass trial. I canceled it but I think it won't let me use the code since it's still active til' the 30th (or maybe since it's not the first shot at plex pass from this account?)

  • And just thinking aloud...I may be able to apply the discount on the new account, delete my current one and then change the email of the lifetime plex pass account to my main address. Has anyone done this or something similar?

  • @hacktek said:
    And just thinking aloud...I may be able to apply the discount on the new account, delete my current one and then change the email of the lifetime plex pass account to my main address. Has anyone done this or something similar?

    Yeah, this will work just fine :)

    Thanked by 1hacktek

    Arcruy - Let Us Fill in The Blanks

  • @hacktek Did he give you the $74.99 discount coupon? If so consider yourself lucky. Those are very rare. They are sent randomly.

    Yid Bid - Idle service trading made easy

  • I applied it on the new account and yes, it gave me the 50% off lifetime. I'll do the email change dance once I've confirmed the rest of the server is working properly but it's looking good so far.

  • I would like a lifetime coupon too if somebody is willing to give.

  • I would like it too. Thanks

    Designers: www.linkun.info

  • Same for me after a coupon for the lifetime pass

  • FLASH25OFF for 25% right now.

  • @caracal said:
    FLASH25OFF for 25% right now.

    Just want to mention that this is only valid for new subscriptions

  • And only valid for 2 days

    ...
    ...

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2018

    Is it really worth getting?
    Only benefits I see is offline watching. I wouldnt care about the trailer feature. Right now I am not even logged into Plex on my home server. Got it running on a Pi 3 at home but not any of the "logged in" features. The server not being accessible from the outside has its benefits (in Germany) too I guess.

  • @Ympker said:
    Is it really worth getting?
    Only benefits I see is offline watching. I wouldnt care about the trailer feature. Right now I am not even logged into Plex on my home server. Got it running on a Pi 3 at home but not any of the "logged in" features. The server not being accessible from the outside has its benefits (in Germany) too I guess.

    The only feature I've been using is to give friends and family the ability to watch from their mobiles. Otherwise they have to pay it.

    Other than that, for the last 2 years, I can't remember any feature that was worth paying for.

    ...
    ...

  • @Nomad said:

    @Ympker said:
    Is it really worth getting?
    Only benefits I see is offline watching. I wouldnt care about the trailer feature. Right now I am not even logged into Plex on my home server. Got it running on a Pi 3 at home but not any of the "logged in" features. The server not being accessible from the outside has its benefits (in Germany) too I guess.

    The only feature I've been using is to give friends and family the ability to watch from their mobiles. Otherwise they have to pay it.

    Other than that, for the last 2 years, I can't remember any feature that was worth paying for.

    Fair enough. I don't think making the media accessible to others is such a great idea in Germany so I'll probably pass then

    Thanked by 1eastonch
  • eastoncheastonch Member
    edited November 2018

    Got plex on a seedbox that I share with some friends, we've had it for years, we have a library set up for each user against their downloads directory. Only the server owner account needs to be plexpass'd all your freebie friends can leech off you. I'm waiting for a blackfriday deal, although I suspect the 25% discount is all we'll see.

    Security Consultant

  • Figured I don't need PlexPass right now but in order to support the developers and help Plex pushing forward I actually grabbed the offer they sent me (damnit! Seems like I'm already in Black Friday mood otherwhise I would have probably hesitated longer :P ). Looking forward to upcoming features though and Plex VR might actually be cool :)

    Thanked by 1MasonR
  • Is the "pass only" hardware accelerated transcoding any good?

  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2018

    @saibal said:
    Is the "pass only" hardware accelerated transcoding any good?

    Tbh I wouldn't know. Plex worked great for me without PlexPass so I can't imagine video performance to be any better.

  • HW acceleration is much better than sw acceleration at the expense of image quality. My server struggled to transcode a single 1080p stream but can do 5 or 6 at once now that I have plex pass on it.

  • Ympker said:
    Tbh I wouldn't know. Plex worked great for me without PlexPass so I can't imagine video performance to be any better.

    If you have a fat pipe you can get away with direct streaming stuff anyways. So yeah.

    @hacktek said:
    HW acceleration is much better than sw acceleration at the expense of image quality. My server struggled to transcode a single 1080p stream but can do 5 or 6 at once now that I have plex pass on it.

    What is the CPU on your server?

    Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @saibal said:

    Ympker said:
    Tbh I wouldn't know. Plex worked great for me without PlexPass so I can't imagine video performance to be any better.

    If you have a fat pipe you can get away with direct streaming stuff anyways. So yeah.

    @hacktek said:
    HW acceleration is much better than sw acceleration at the expense of image quality. My server struggled to transcode a single 1080p stream but can do 5 or 6 at once now that I have plex pass on it.

    What is the CPU on your server?

    i7-3770. It should transcode more with that cpu as it has a high enough passmark but it was never reliable for me, maybe my media just sucks for transcoding with cpu.

  • NekkiNekki Moderator

    Support the devs, throw them a few $$ for their efforts in producing software that makes watching your stolen media effortless.

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

  • @Nekki said:
    Support the devs, throw them a few $$ for their efforts in producing software that makes watching your stolen media effortless.

    Stolen is a big word... Think of it this way. You can you either pay $7 for a vps in some fancy host or pay $7 per year for the same specs in some @Virmach (hint hint) LEB black friday deal. You just choose the better deal.

    Yid Bid - Idle service trading made easy

  • NekkiNekki Moderator

    @soluf said:

    @Nekki said:
    Support the devs, throw them a few $$ for their efforts in producing software that makes watching your stolen media effortless.

    Stolen is a big word... Think of it this way. You can you either pay $7 for a vps in some fancy host or pay $7 per year for the same specs in some @Virmach (hint hint) LEB black friday deal. You just choose the better deal.

    Doesn’t make any sense.

    Stolen is an entirely accurate term for a reasonable percentage of Plex users (myself among them).

    Here lies Nekki. He loved massive amounts of storage, K-Pop and calling people cunts.

Sign In or Register to comment.