Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Namesilo coming out with a new design!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Namesilo coming out with a new design!

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

https://new.namesilo.com/?beta=1

I have to say, i like it and amazing that namesilo has now a modernized look. They are really good. What do you think?

Comments

• Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2018

Much more up to date! Hated their old website.

• What's so cool about them? They charge $8.99 and Porkbun (that have had a modern approach since I can remember seeing them in the first place) charges less, $8.84.

• new design is really cool.

• @emgh said:
    What's so cool about them? They charge $8.99 and Porkbun (that have had a modern approach since I can remember seeing them in the first place) charges less, $8.84.

seems they will run better promotion for new design.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@emgh said:
    What's so cool about them? They charge $8.99 and Porkbun (that have had a modern approach since I can remember seeing them in the first place) charges less, $8.84.

I have to say i never tried porkbun. My first choice will always be Namecheap, namesilo has been second.

Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • @armandorg said:

@emgh said:

I have to say i never tried porkbun. My first choice will always be Namecheap, namesilo has been second.

You're RICH

• Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

@armandorg said:

Namecheap > everything else.

• Just changed Index, Header, footer :p

• @yogeshzade said:
    Just changed Index, Header, footer :p

This. I don't like it at all.

• Since namesilo waa sold out i transfered all my domains to porkbun. Hate the corp shit, and namesilo just becoming one of that.

Thanked by 1PandaRain
  • @LTniger said:
    Since namesilo waa sold out i transfered all my domains to porkbun. Hate the corp shit, and namesilo just becoming one of that.

Sold?! When? To who?

• https://domainnamewire.com/2018/03/09/investment-firm-to-acquire-domain-name-registrar-namesilo/

As for the new design, I don't get the big deal to be "modern". I have never stopped services with a company because they failed to update the LOOK of their website, functionality however...If it isn't broke don't fix it. Namesilo has been our registrar of choice.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

@lightwavenetworks said:
    As for the new design, I don't get the big deal to be "modern". I have never stopped services with a company because they failed to update the LOOK of their website, functionality however...If it isn't broke don't fix it. Namesilo has been our registrar of choice.

Couldn't agree more.

• ugly

• @lightwavenetworks said:
    https://domainnamewire.com/2018/03/09/investment-firm-to-acquire-domain-name-registrar-namesilo/

+1

• @yogeshzade said:
    Just changed Index, Header, footer

True that... and the main section looks uglier with the new header and footer.

But it's still in beta so they might update the rest.

• @default said:

@LTniger said:
    Since namesilo waa sold out i transfered all my domains to porkbun. Hate the corp shit, and namesilo just becoming one of that.

Sold?! When? To who?

Acquired by Brisio Innovations. It's a Canadian investment firm. Canadian, yes. We are all fucked.

• It has the look of those general templates on Theme Forest

Thanked by 2mailinabox jetchirag
  • @Yura said:

@default said:

@LTniger said:

Sold?! When? To who?

Acquired by Brisio Innovations. It's a Canadian investment firm. Canadian, yes. We are all fucked.

No one register domains there! From now is a hidden price. :)

• @Yura said:

@default said:

@LTniger said:

Sold?! When? To who?

Which Canadian pissed in your Corn Flakes?

• @TimboJones said:

@Yura said:

@default said:

@LTniger said:

Sold?! When? To who?

Which Canadian pissed in your Corn Flakes?

I love Canadians. I really do. Keanu Reeves, Jim Carrey, Leonard Cohen, early William Gibson, ave, Mahatma Gandhi...

But if you really wanna know, it was Justin Bieber.

• I liked the old design better. Info was right there and didn't squirm around on the page.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • Yes, now is more beautiful. But what is it for? If most of domain registars doesn't respect our data privacy and laws?

Almost Domain Registar give our information without a valid court order, that is horrible, untrusted, ridiculous and disgusting.

I want a domain registar that respects our privacy, OK they need to to accomplish the law, but most of them, sell our data or give to 3rd parties without a court order.

What is happening? That's why I avoid using Namesilo for serious projects.

Njal.la, flokinet.is, EasyDNS is much better than Namesilo in protecting our whois information.

Thanked by 2mailinabox Frecyboy
  • mfsmfs Banned, Member

Literally the least important thing for a registrar
    It's like praising your girl's curated nails

emgh said: They charge $8.99 and Porkbun (that have had a modern approach since I can remember seeing them in the first place) charges less, $8.84.

15 cents difference on .com? Really?

It's $6.99 on namesilo currently anyway, and you're comparing a single TLD, and you're not comparing the overall "no hidden surprises" approach they adopted and kept for quite a long time, long enough to get trusted by many

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2018

Good, they've broken their design by dropping spots of modern-thingy here and there. However after a year they still don't support DNSSEC for e.g. ".mobi", or bare nameservers glue e.g. "domain.tld"

• i like the new design, old design like 2000' website thought.

• 2gouzi2gouzi Member
    edited November 2018

A little messy. less is more,More is less.I usually don't have the patience to read the entire page. I prefer to click the mouse instead of sliding the mouse.For the new page, if I haven't used namesilo before, I probably won't choose it. Because it is very similar to the pages of many websites. I am in favor of the revision, to minimize the use of images, after all, you are facing users around the world.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited November 2018

Yura said: I love Canadians. I really do. Keanu Reeves, Jim Carrey, Leonard Cohen, early William Gibson, ave, Mahatma Gandhi...

Also Canadian remind about him, from 80-90's :smile:

Thanked by 1Yura
  • Openvpn.net also update their site design after several years :smiley: