Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Liquid Solutions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Liquid Solutions

perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
edited October 2013 in Providers

Anyone know what's up with them? They haven't been answering tickets and over the last two weeks their server's been going offline almost every day, sometimes for a few minutes but often for hours at a time.

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Hey,

Please give me a ticket number, so I can check out.

There is a problematic node, that is kernel panicing nearly every day, causing ~20 minutes of downtime. I am working on getting this fixed permanently.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @Alex_LiquidHost said:
    Hey,

Please give me a ticket number, so I can check out.

There is a problematic node, that is kernel panicing nearly every day, causing ~20 minutes of downtime. I am working on getting this fixed permanently.

BTW... You lost at least one customer because of this issue. I won't be renewing the VPS I have with you. Next time might want to inform your customers of KNOWN issues.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • @MCHPhil

You lost a potential customer too, I thought you were great until you publicly shamed another provider.

That's bad business practice, especially since you have a signature.

Phil,

You are free to do whatever you like. A priority is to fix the issue. It is not 100% identified as well. A RFO will be sent out ASAP I get to the bottom of this. Nothing from this has been hidden and anyone that requested information, was properly informed about the situation. This also affects a very small portion of our users, as only one node out of tens is affected.

Alexander

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2013

@Ishaq said:
    MCHPhil

You lost a potential customer too, I thought you were great until you publicly shamed another provider.

It's bad business to point out a provider has done something incorrectly? Sorry, I guess.

This issue has been ongoing for a while now. (Per my public monitoring of NS2, the issue started around 2013-10-03 11:54:12. -> http://www.mycustomhosting.net/network-status.php click NS2. NS2 has since been migrated, as of the 21st.) The kernel isn't panicking once a day but more like every couple hours. Or it's panicking once a day and being restarted 30.

A simple email to all users on the node (easily done via SolusVM) saying we know of an issue on the node you are on and are investigating. Goes a long way with customers. If you have a VPS with me, you may get an email saying just that.

Otherwise, it just seems like the provider doesn't care and is hoping no one says anything.

I don't and won't sugar coat.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited October 2013

The point I'm trying to make is you represent another company on here and it looks (from our view) like you're hurting competition.

You could have PM'd him stating the problem and I'm sure he would have told you what the problem was and that he's working on it.

I don't care if people agree with me or not, that's just my opinion and it leaves a bad taste when deciding on purchasing a VPS.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited October 2013

@Ishaq said:
    The point I'm trying to make is you represent another company on here and it looks (from our view) like you're hurting competition.

You could have PM'd him stating the problem and I'm sure he would have told you what the problem was and that he's working on it.

I don't care if people agree with me or not, that's just my opinion and it leaves a bad taste when deciding on purchasing a VPS.

That's absolutely fine, you are reading it as 1 provider to another, that is understandable.

Also understand that's not how it is wrote. I specifically state I was a customer of theirs. Had they emailed the clients on that node and said hey something is wrong. I'd still be a customer.

I could have PM'ed him? Isn't a provider supposed to inform their users of known issues? Maybe this is my background in managed IT talking but that's usually stressed.

Thanked by 1perennate
  • Is Humza still with LiquidHost or is there anyone else other than Alex?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I think he has a break.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited October 2013
    jon@liquid:~$ uptime
    23:20:37 up 14 days, 9 min,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

but that's because i reboot my vps. i reinstalled 2 weeks ago.

• Oh. That's good to know. I've been noticing that a server kept dropping from my IRC Network, but never heard anything about it. I suppose I should check my email more often!

• @Ishaq said:
    MCHPhil

It's not his first time making his business look bad, probably not the last either.

Thanked by 1Grimmy2
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

For those wondering yes I do not longer work for Liquid. From what I rememebr there was one problematic node, at the time I left it seemed alright, not too sure if it's the same node but I'm sure Alex would be more than happy to migrate to other nodes provided there is space as he definitely has quite a few very stable nodes in Seattle. Dallas and Lenoir were pretty much rock solid since the time I started and left Alex.

Overall I know Alex runs a good service. :)

• @Infinity said:
    From what I rememebr there was one problematic node, at the time I left it seemed alright, not too sure if it's the same node but I'm sure Alex would be more than happy to migrate to other nodes provided there is space as he definitely has quite a few very stable nodes in Seattle.

Question: Why not just fix the problematic node, rather than putting new customers on it?

I must have been on that "problematic node" earlier this year and I cancelled my account because of the multiple days of non-response to opened tickets.

@jimpop said:

I am working on getting this exact thing done. Anyone that requests a migration now, can be done, just a ticket needs to be loged. I've actually just migrated a customer.

Alexander

• My VPS :( and the main liquid-solutions site seem to be unavailable - is there a problem at the moment?

There was a problem with the main website, which is now back fully operational.

Please open a ticket for your VPS and I will check it out.

• Thanks - ticket raised. (apologies for spamming lowendtalk about this - but everything else was down)

• @kimptoc said:
    Thanks - ticket raised. (apologies for spamming lowendtalk about this - but everything else was down)

No worries dude :-)

• One of their Seattle node is offline for a long time, no ticket reply, gone to bed?

• It's 20:34 so i doubt he's gone to bed. More likely busy with something.

• Probably busy fixing it. I know that feel (well, not really).

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

Yeah, it's offline again. I asked them to move me to another more stable node, you should probably do that too.

@Ishaq said:

The node has been having issues for almost three months now (started before or on August 1, see http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12348/liquid-solutions-website-vps-down). We already have been told what the problem is (DDoS and kernel panic) and that they're working on it. But since it's been unresolved for so long, IMO they should move everyone to stable node and then reinstall / check hardware on the problematic one; not doing so nulls their point that "this is the only node that is affected".

• perennate said: The node has been having issues for almost three months now (started before or on August 1, see http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/12348/liquid-solutions-website-vps-down). We already have been told what the problem is (DDoS and kernel panic) and that they're working on it. But since it's been unresolved for so long, IMO they should move everyone to stable node and then reinstall / check hardware on the problematic one; not doing so nulls their point that "this is the only node that is affected".

Sadly, I was put on that problematic node just 1 month ago. If the node has known issues why are they still provisioning customers on it?

edited October 2013

@Jack said:
    Just wondering if this is 'Seattle7'?

I don't know how to check. Their direct SolusVM is down, not sure if for security or something else.

Edit: WHMCS works so presumably it's still down for security.

Both SolusVM and the clietns area are up and running. On the other side, the issue with the node is indeed from around a month ago and the provisioning on it of around 5-6 new customers, was on a mistake.

• Seattle 6 and 7 are o.k, but 8 is a problem node?

Seattle8 is the problem one. I will eventually start of with some migrations the following days and proceed furtherly with investigating and eventually completly replacing the whole node or parts of it. I will make sure to send out a complete RFO once the things are resolved.

I do apologize with all the issues with this node. It indeed is problematic from some time. Last time, we had some parts swaped and the kernel panics have seized, however from a couple of weeks I am monitoring some additional panics on that node, some times once per couple of days, some times once per day.

I also apologize for the slower support replys. Having some personal problems, pretty much flooded with them. I am doing my best to reply ASAP. Things are going to get normalized in a day or so, hopefully.

Alexander

Thanked by 2perennate mpkossen
  • @Alex_LiquidHost thanks for update, cheers..!

edited October 2013

Thanks for the update. I get Error 521 when viewing [removed] -- has the URL moved? I'd open a ticket but I don't care since I don't need the SolusVM anyway.

Edit: thanks for PM.