Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests. - Page 3
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

LET - bug reports, improvements and feature requests.

Comments

• @willie said:

AuroraZ said: Might be time to make a rule that if buying something from here you can not send the money as friends and family or something along those lines.

That has to be up to the people involved and certainly it should be ok that various private transactions happen here. It would be reasonable to put a warning into the template shown when someone receives a PM, saying to beware of scams, particularly those asking for F&F payment.

+1

I like that.

also still think at least a low bar limit like having 10 comments before being able to send out PMs would be useful. if people just spam their way through to it, they will at least get recognized early on their behaviour. for now nothing stops one from just signing up and bothering people in private (regardless if it is for vps, sneakers or whatever)

most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
      UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• But but ... I want more drama...

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

• @deank I understand what you are saying, but you have to remember this site has a rep as well. We do not want a rep like HF for here. I am not saying we need to hold people's hands, and drink their milk for them at all. As @willie said though a warning might be in order is all.

That is the main reason I do not say much around here anymore. Most want spoonfed answers and I am not willing to give it them. I will point them in right direction and let them figure it out. That way they learn, and hopefully retain some it for the future.

Thanked by 1MasonR

The Bun | Primary DNS | Small Web <--- Do not ask questions, just go for it.

• I'm trying to post a tutorial but it won't allow me. It keeps asking me to key in a google captcha and forwards me to a "JSON"-like page: https://www.lowendtalk.com/post/discussion/tutorial?cf_waf_tk=111656008Jly1mhpfxQH43unRwBWdGZT-UUM

Do you have some kind of word limits or something? I tried cutting my thread into half and it is possible to preview my message but somehow it won't allow me if I post more than half of the tutorial?

• Dedicadude said: Do you have some kind of word limits or something?

20000 characters

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• mikhomikho Member, Provider

@Dedicadude said:
      I'm trying to post a tutorial but it won't allow me. It keeps asking me to key in a google captcha and forwards me to a "JSON"-like page: https://www.lowendtalk.com/post/discussion/tutorial?cf_waf_tk=111656008Jly1mhpfxQH43unRwBWdGZT-UUM

Do you have some kind of word limits or something? I tried cutting my thread into half and it is possible to preview my message but somehow it won't allow me if I post more than half of the tutorial?

The CF settings make it hard to write code in posts. Depending on what you have in your tutorial it could be the combination of words.

Get a LES NAT VPS! (or 10) in United States (3), Germany, Bulgaria, France, Norway, Australia (2), Singapore. | -> 500gb NAT Storage
    • Using Chrome on Android, from main page, f I click into a thread and then click Back, expectation is that my screen should go back to same scroll place as when I clicked into the thread. But instead, the page reloads and puts me at the top, making me scroll down again and find where I had just clicked through.

No other websites I browse has this behaviour. It's annoying.

• Lol no other sites? That is ridiculously common, I agree not ideal but not uncommon.

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• Of course it depends what web pages you use. I can't name other web page where's such a behaviour. Just like TimboJones.

• @TimboJones said:
      Using Chrome on Android, from main page, f I click into a thread and then click Back, expectation is that my screen should go back to same scroll place as when I clicked into the thread. But instead, the page reloads and puts me at the top, making me scroll down again and find where I had just clicked through.

No other websites I browse has this behaviour. It's annoying.

I complained of it too. It's annoying!

^-^!

• @AnthonySmith said:
      Lol no other sites? That is ridiculously common, I agree not ideal but not uncommon.

Such as? I wasn't being flippant, I really am not aware of any other site I use that does this. The expected behaviour of clicking Back button is to take you back to where it was before you went forward. It's more common to get fooled by a cached page than reloading back to top of page.

On mobile, I'll just live with it. On desktop, I'll just open threads in a new tab and then just close when done. But I mostly browse this site on mobile and it's irritating.

But I'll argue, no, this isn't common on popular websites and forums.

• The webmaster can use jQuery for a workaround. I noticed this problem too and ita kinda annoying.

var scrollY = window.pageYOffset || document.documentElement.scollTop;

This will give you the vertical scroll position... you could (for example) store it in a cookie in the window.onbeforeunload handler.

Check this out:

https://browse-tutorials.com/tutorial/save-window-scroll-position-jquery

Speaking of cookie... you need that GDPR notice in the EU 😂😂 and those disable cookie is unable to use this feature/function so the problem still exist but like i said it’s a good workaround... if your website is open source i could send a PR to fix it...

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
      edited September 2018

Nevermind that! It seems like it was intended that way. Because pressing back button to show the same scroll position won’t show you the most updated posts on top since in busy forums back button should refresh the main page...

This question was closed 13 years ago 😂😂😂

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1182/back-button-always-goes-to-top-of-page

• @Dedicadude said:
      Nevermind that! It seems like it was intended that way. Because pressing back button to show the same scroll position won’t show you the most updated posts on top since in busy forums back button should refresh the main page...

This question was closed 13 years ago 😂😂😂

https://open.vanillaforums.com/discussion/1182/back-button-always-goes-to-top-of-page

I haven't checked that thread, but I'd argue they don't know what the "Back" button and "reload" buttons are for. Most people just learn the names of the buttons and not try and force strange behaviour on the rest of us. I could probably live if this behaviour was limited to page 1 where that rationale only barely makes sense.

That being said, the solution could be to load the latest but still scroll the view to where you last left off. I'll try and see if redflagdeals forum does both of these correctly. They definitely have good back operation. And RFD's deals are way more time sensitive than on LET that would possibly warrant a forced refresh to show you new.

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
      edited September 2018

@TimboJones yup, i think it was an excuse rather than a solution. such a poor UX (user experience)... vanilla is a very old software, the community behind the open source project is lacking and the dev focus more on their business/enterprise plan. just look at this website, it's like one of those 90's forum... even the plugins/themes are mostly outdated... some even moved their community to reddit (for example)...

• v3ngv3ng Member
      edited October 2018

LET is extremely slow from Germany (Unitymedia and Telekom)

Thanked by 1Falzo
    • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Top Provider

loads fine from here, maybe contact your ISP to ask why they hate LET, that's the outlier variable here :)

• @v3ng said:

can confirm the issue for unitymedia, no problems in the office via O2 or on mobile via vodafone.

interesting enough, this is the render blocking request:

but other .js files load just fine from the same cloudflare pop/IP/path:

so can't tell why this specific one times out and what this has to do with it being somehow ISP related?! will check back when in the office later...

most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
      UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• FHRFHR Member, Provider

[Feature Request]
      I think it would be good if a company name was shown on providers's profiles. I've seen people with the Provider tag offering stuff here, without a clear indication on who they represent.

SkylonHost - affordable hourly-billed KVM VPS in Prague, CZ!
      Featuring own high performance network AS202297 | RIPE NCC member | Contact us for IPs/ASNs

• UK1HostUK1Host Member, Provider

[bug]
      Unable to submit a Helpdesk ticket. Host down CF error after completing captcha final CF captcha puzzle. Any idea how I can submit a provider tag request as this issue seems to have been occurring for quite a while without resolution?

UK1Host Quality UK Hosting Solutions || Web Hosting || Reseller Hosting || SSD VPS || Dedicated Servers || Domain Registration || SSL Certificates || Licensing

Opinions are my own and do not represent the views of my employer

• On safari mobile when I hit back button, it takes me to the top of the page. Could this be fixed?

• mikhomikho Member, Provider

@scpal said:
      On safari mobile when I hit back button, it takes me to the top of the page. Could this be fixed?

That is by design of the vanilla forum.

Thanked by 1scpal
      Get a LES NAT VPS! (or 10) in United States (3), Germany, Bulgaria, France, Norway, Australia (2), Singapore. | -> 500gb NAT Storage
    • @v3ng said:

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• Please improve notification in Android. Right now we need to click profile name , and then click notification , and then click the post.

It would be great if those 3 steps can be made into one.

• Hello,
      I've tried to send a ticket to ask providing tag, But Here is the problem after clicking on send.

Thanked by 1UK1Host
    • Either the flag feature is broken or more mods working EU 9-5 are required.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

Ticketing system should be fixed now!

• trewq said: Ticketing system should be fixed now!

You may regret that haha :)

• eoleol Member
      edited November 2018

There could be a "downvote" for posts.

EDIT:
      Also a list of online users would be nice.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

@trewq said:
      Ticketing system should be fixed now!

Still not working for me. Same old issue. CF captcha after pressing submit ticket, hangs, CF Ray ID error.

UK1Host Quality UK Hosting Solutions || Web Hosting || Reseller Hosting || SSD VPS || Dedicated Servers || Domain Registration || SSL Certificates || Licensing

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider
      edited November 2018

Multi line quotes don't seem to work properly.

The 1st line is quoted, but the rest of the post is missed.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • @Francisco said:
      Multi line quotes don't seem to work properly.

The 1st line is quoted, but the rest of the post is missed.

Francisco

noticed that a lot as well.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Provider

AnthonySmith said: noticed that a lot as well.

It gets pretty confusing since sometimes i'll re-read something I wrote and be like 'i didnt write that....oooohhhh, stupid Vanilla'.

Francisco

BuyVM - Dedicated KVM Slices / Anycast Support! / Stallion Control Panel / Windows 2008, 2012, & 2016! / Unmetered Bandwidth!
      BuyShared - Shared & Reseller Hosting / cPanel + Softaculous + CloudLinux / Pure SSD! / Free Dedicated IP Address
    • Francisco said: t gets pretty confusing since sometimes i'll re-read something I wrote and be like 'i didnt write that....oooohhhh, stupid Vanilla'.

Francisco

example: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2900362/#Comment_2900362

Any updates on the ticketing system or an alternative method of acquiring the provider tag?

• @UK1Host said:
      Any updates on the ticketing system or an alternative method of acquiring the provider tag?

Rent a server from ColoCrossing. Then you get carte blanche.

Thanked by 1UK1Host

Own a piece of internets history.

• Instead of this green/white theme which isn't exactly easy on the eyes especially in dark rooms what about some kind of dark theme for the forum?

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

@eol said:
      Instead of this green/white theme which isn't exactly easy on the eyes especially in dark rooms what about some kind of dark theme for the forum?

Come back in 2022. We're still waiting for core features to be fixed.

Thanked by 1eol

• @UK1Host said:

@eol said:
      Instead of this green/white theme which isn't exactly easy on the eyes especially in dark rooms what about some kind of dark theme for the forum?

The end is nigh.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• @UK1Host said:

@eol said:

Good luck with your budget.

Thanked by 2eol UK1Host

Own a piece of internets history.

• @willie said:
      Another useful feature would be the ability to forward and quote from private messages that one has sent or received, similar to how one can forward email. One can copy and paste but it's often less than ideal.

Snitch.

• Error 522 Ray ID: 483214e21a9e6439 • 2018-12-03 00:58:22 UTC
      Connection timed out

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• The RSS feeds seem to be pretty useless as there is no way to use them with an RSS reader due to the Cloudflare browser check (that breaks every RSS reader).

Thanked by 2willie storm
    • MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

Ticket system is broken again. Sent you a message @trewq .

Can't CC give full acc to this stuff to the admins?

@SysAdmin @Nick_A can someone sort the ticket system guys? It fails to send a ticket, I guess the email isn't sending.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

@MikePT said:

@SysAdmin @Nick_A can someone sort the ticket system guys? It fails to send a ticket, I guess the email isn't sending.

I know you PMed me but could I please get you to try and submit the ticket again? Cross your fingers while you do it. Just need to confirm it works.

@trewq said:

@MikePT said:

I know you PMed me but could I please get you to try and submit the ticket again? Cross your fingers while you do it. Just need to confirm it works.

Yeah, absolutely, on it, sec.

Done @trewq, worked this time!!!

Gosh I hope the ticket number isn't incremental. That'd be a damn bunch of tickets replied to.

• Are you saying the ticket system is now working?

Damn, the end is truly nigh.

If you can't make your point within 5 lines of words, you have an optimization issue.
      Amitz day is October 17th.

• reditredit Member, Provider

OMG I just got a ticket number....

Thanked by 1eol

Domain Names, Shared Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & SSL Certificates
      redIT - https://www.redit.co.uk