Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!


Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated November 2021] - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated November 2021]

13468916

Comments

  • BlaZe said: Sorry, I did not understand this. What kind of service should be appended with the domain?

    Also, what proof of purchase? Please elaborate :D this is getting interesting :)

    I don't know how I could have made that any more simple but I will try.

    If less than 6 months old, you can sell it at cost.

    To prove you are selling at cost, you provide proof of purchase e.g. the payment receipt for purchasing the domain.

    That way you can help people out by grabbing the domain for them rather than you just scalping a bit of opportunistic profit.

    My whole point is that I do not want to promote a market place for opportunistic no effort vultures scalping a little bit of profit off the top, that is why we have already changed the rules regarding re-sellers generally.

    If you still dont understand that i cant help you so the tl;dr is: No.

    Thanked by 3Nekki BlaZe eee
  • JackHJackH Moderator

    Do we currently have any rules regarding new members with host-like usernames and host-like logos putting their services in their signatures? I don't think this falls under any rules that I can see, but can't help but feel exposure of a thread vs exposure of a signature across many threads carries a similar weighting. Maybe worth looking at?

  • well, in principal I have no issue with it, if its a previously banned host or spammer then yeah, just report them, if not and they have been here a while its probably just a bad host that cant hit the very low bar to get a provider tag and hopefully people (sensible people) will avoid them anyway.

    Thanked by 1JackH
  • JackHJackH Moderator

    What about < 1 week old members?

  • I, for one, welcome our ColoCrossing overlordssellers.

  • LowVMLowVM Member

    Proof of summer host accepted?



    Company registered in School, 1st desk with pic?

  • ClouviderClouvider Member, Provider

    @LowVM said:
    Proof of summer host accepted?



    Company registered in School, 1st desk with pic?

    Are you racking up posts to get dat provider tag ?

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    Can we get some colo rules?

  • @randvegeta said:
    Can we get some colo rules?

    Personally I'm opposed to having colo offers on LET, as multiple scams have happened with it in the past.

  • teamacc said: Personally I'm opposed to having colo offers on LET, as multiple scams have happened with it in the past.

    I think that is why we settled on having just the 1 thread and a sidebar link.

  • randvegetarandvegeta Member, Provider

    @AnthonySmith said:

    teamacc said: Personally I'm opposed to having colo offers on LET, as multiple scams have happened with it in the past.

    I think that is why we settled on having just the 1 thread and a sidebar link.

    We could have much stricter requirements to be able to make such offers. Perhaps a colo provider tag :).

    Provider may need to be in business for several years, be active in the forum for at least a year. Etc.

  • @randvegeta said:

    @AnthonySmith said:

    teamacc said: Personally I'm opposed to having colo offers on LET, as multiple scams have happened with it in the past.

    I think that is why we settled on having just the 1 thread and a sidebar link.

    We could have much stricter requirements to be able to make such offers. Perhaps a colo provider tag :).

    Provider may need to be in business for several years, be active in the forum for at least a year. Etc.

    We don't want, nor need, that kind of responsibility.

  • IshaqIshaq Member, Provider

    I think the dedicated colo thread is enough really, that way if people want that service they can find it there.

  • LowVMLowVM Member

    @Clouvider said:

    @LowVM said:
    Proof of summer host accepted?



    Company registered in School, 1st desk with pic?

    Are you racking up posts to get dat provider tag ?

    What I will do with provider tag?

  • desfiredesfire Member
    edited August 2018

    What if I am just selling a server of an offer I got and do not want anymore and the server would be pushed to that person (from the company I currently own the server)?

  • perennateperennate Member, Provider

    @desfire people do that frequently, just post in General.

  • CrossBoxCrossBox Member, Provider

    What about the software companies? Do we need a provider tag also and are there any specific rules for us?

  • At the moment there aren't specific rules afaict. There have been a few slightly annoying incidents but for the most part we haven't needed them because the amount of such posts/offers has been pretty low. I know @AnthonySmith has pre-approved a few posts of that type, so simplest might be to just ask before making one.

    Thanked by 1CrossBox
  • CrossBox said: What about the software companies? Do we need a provider tag also and are there any specific rules for us?

    Essentially if you have something that may be of interest to the community and you are offering it at a good discount for the community you will be allowed to make a post on request after a mod had reviewed its value.

    This will usually be a one off or at best once every 6 months but not on a regular basis.

    It must also be related to hosting somehow.

    Thanked by 1willie
  • Can i sell domain without auction ( Fixed Price ) ?

  • thenet said: Can i sell domain without auction ( Fixed Price ) ?

    Nope

  • Unless that price is 7 usd.

    Thanked by 1feezioxiii
  • Thread title now says "Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [UPDATED 04th SEP 2018]" which was a few days ago, but 1st post says May 18. What was the Sept 4 change? I didn't notice it when it went by.

  • MasonRMasonR Member
    edited September 2018

    @willie said:
    Thread title now says "Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [UPDATED 04th SEP 2018]" which was a few days ago, but 1st post says May 18. What was the Sept 4 change? I didn't notice it when it went by.

    IIRC it was the addition of Misc rule 5 after the khazaa scam

  • MasonR said: IIRC it was the addition of Misc rule 5 after the khazaa scam

    yep, will update sorry.

  • I don't mind if I get such an offer from a tagged provider as long as it isn't spammy, but I guess since they are allowed to solicit PM contact in the request thread, that's good enough.

  • digituruncdigiturunc Member, Provider

    Hi,
    i want submit ticket for request provider tag but it seems your ticketing has an issue,
    because i tried 5 times and every time cloudflare ask for robot verification and then back to main page,
    can you check it?

  • @digiturunc said:
    Hi,
    i want submit ticket for request provider tag but it seems your ticketing has an issue,
    because i tried 5 times and every time cloudflare ask for robot verification and then back to main page,
    can you check it?

    Hi,

    i want you to not submit a ticket to request a provider tag as it seems your post count is too low
    you have 4 posts and every time i read the rules it says you need at least 15 and also you're not registered long enough,
    can you read it?

  • @teamacc said:

    @digiturunc said:
    Hi,
    i want submit ticket for request provider tag but it seems your ticketing has an issue,
    because i tried 5 times and every time cloudflare ask for robot verification and then back to main page,
    can you check it?

    Hi,

    i want you to not submit a ticket to request a provider tag as it seems your post count is too low
    you have 4 posts and every time i read the rules it says you need at least 15 and also you're not registered long enough,
    can you read it?

    Don't worry, he's a CC reseller ;)

    These are not the droids rules you are looking for.

Sign In or Register to comment.