Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020] - Page 8
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020]

Comments

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

@MikePT said:

@ViridWeb said:
    Is't true that Provider Tag request approval can takes up to 4 months!??
    I'm just asking as I am curious about this and also I submitted my application and that was 5/6 days ago..

Be patient. The mods here are doing it free of cost. They have plenty of stuff to do.

Thanks for your reply Mike!
    No issue, I will wait.. Hope they will approve me even soon as possible..:)

Thanks again!

Thanked by 1MikePT

ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

• @ViridWeb said:
    I'm just asking as I am curious about this and also I submitted my application and that was 5/6 days ago..

Depending on the number of tickets in the queue, it may take a few weeks or more before we get to your ticket.

(tl;dr fill in the form correctly and read the requirements so you won't have to wait for us to re-check your application)

• @uptime said:
    @marvel ... tfw when you realize an actual low-end Yeti™ has earned more respect than you.

well, live and learn I guess

good luck with your provider tag

lulz ...

What respect? All I see is bunch of trolls lurking in a mod thread preying for new hosts that could bring something new to this still industry, but then again.. this is LET. If ur not BuyVM or Hetzner, prepare to get trolled.

Fuck logic, right?

Thanked by 1uptime

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Depending on the number of tickets in the queue, it may take a few weeks or more before we get to your ticket.

(tl;dr fill in the form correctly and read the requirements so you won't have to wait for us to re-check your application)

Thanks for your reply!
    My ticket already submitted. Unfortunately I forgot to note down my ticket number.
    So now I will wait for approval..
    I'm just hoping it will approve without any issue

ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.

• JackH said:
    1. Posting domain auctions does not require any special tags.
    2. Maximum starting/reserve price is $7.
    3. Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 10 days.
    4. You need to have been registered for at least 30 days and have at least 25 non-spammy posts to post a domain auction or to bid in a domain auction.
    5. All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old.
    6. All bids must be public and made in the domain auction thread.
    7. A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the domains after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk.
    8. We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between two parties. Participating in auctions is at your own risk.
    9. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.
    10. Minimum bid increments must be specified, maximum $2
    11. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

some recent domain auctions have inspired further contemplation of possible wrinkles to rules #9 and #11.

1. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.

I recently noticed an auction where payment via crypto currency (or other non-refundable means of payment) was specified for unknown (new) members. (Seems reasonable enough - but perhaps escrow would be another way to address the "trust" problem?)

1. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

An auction currently underway by @mli specifies an end time - but with a 5-minute extension after any last-minute bids (to counterbalance the practice of "sniping").

@AuroraZ brought up rule #11 ... which might do well to at least clarify whether or not the 5-minute extension is kinda maybe legit or ist streng verboten.

the Amitz.party lives on!

• @uptime said:

JackH said:
    1. Posting domain auctions does not require any special tags.
    2. Maximum starting/reserve price is $7.
    3. Members can only list 1 domain auction thread per 10 days.
    4. You need to have been registered for at least 30 days and have at least 25 non-spammy posts to post a domain auction or to bid in a domain auction.
    5. All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old.
    6. All bids must be public and made in the domain auction thread.
    7. A deal is a deal. A failure to actually sell/transfer the domains after having offered them on action will have consequences for you at LowEndTalk. A failure to respond or finish the transaction in a decent matter (or at all) as the highest bidder may also have consequences for you at LowEndTalk.
    8. We don't hold any responsibility for potential disputes between two parties. Participating in auctions is at your own risk.
    9. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.
    10. Minimum bid increments must be specified, maximum $2
    11. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

some recent domain auctions have inspired further contemplation of possible wrinkles to rules #9 and #11.

1. Bids must be in the currency specified in the original auction post, which cannot be a crypto currency.

I recently noticed an auction where payment via crypto currency (or other non-refundable means of payment) was specified for unknown (new) members. (Seems reasonable enough - but perhaps escrow would be another way to address the "trust" problem?)

Probably not a problem, as long as the currency itself is specified. Any exchange rates will need to be taken care of by the buyer and the seller.

The rule exists to prevent someone from selling something for "1 btc", only to have the actual value of the bid fluctuate immensely over the course of the auction.

1. An end date/time must be specified with timezone.

An auction currently underway by @mli specifies an end time - but with a 5-minute extension after any last-minute bids (to counterbalance the practice of "sniping").

@AuroraZ brought up rule #11 ... which might do well to at least clarify whether or not the 5-minute extension is kinda maybe legit or ist streng verboten.

Seems like the end date is pretty well specified there imo. You know exactly what you're getting in to.

Thanked by 1uptime

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

Probably a silly question, are we allowed to post advertisement for free hosting services? Couldn't find anything specific.

• @seriesn said:
    Probably a silly question, are we allowed to post advertisement for free hosting services? Couldn't find anything specific.

Yes, same rules apply though. $0 is under $7, so as long as you follow the other rules you should be fine.

Thanked by 1seriesn

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• LowVMLowVM Member
    edited September 2019

@JackH said:

Please check this ticket ##149008

Thanked by 1vserversite

I Was Born Intelligent but Education ruined me ;) LowVM.com

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks for your reply!
    My ticket already submitted. Unfortunately I forgot to note down my ticket number.

It's more than 1 month. Still waiting for provider status.
    Hope Mods can find my ticket soon.
    I didn't save the ticket number. :disappointed:

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2019

@ViridWeb said:

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks for your reply!

My apologies. I don’t have access to the ticket system so I’ve forwarded your request to an admin that does.

(Edit: I’m not sure if the warning will affect your eligibility either)

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks for your reply!

My apologies. I don’t have access to the ticket system so I’ve forwarded your request to an admin that does.

Thanks mod for your response.. I will wait.
    And yes I have got an warning due to my foolishness.
    I have edited one of my post after the issue resolved.
    Hope it will not affects my application.
    Thanks again..

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

@ViridWeb said:

@doghouch said:

@ViridWeb said:

Thanks for your reply!

Thanks mod for your response.. I will wait.
    I have edited one of my post after the issue resolved.
    Hope it will not affects my application.
    Thanks again..

Also I have got this warning on August 16th.
    So it's 3 weeks almost but the warning still exists.
    I think a mod should examine this issue and I think will remove the warning. :smile:

• @ViridWeb said:

then

@ViridWeb said:
    I think a mod should examine this issue and I think will remove the warning.

Better think again.

Thanked by 1vyas11

Cut the Crap

@Ctc said:

@ViridWeb said:

then

@ViridWeb said:
    I think a mod should examine this issue and I think will remove the warning.

Better think again.

What nonsense you are talking about?
    Warning can be remove after 2 weeks..
    That's why I'm thinking it can be remove now if mod think.

Anyway why are you jumping into my post even you are member since August 10 only..

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

ViridWeb said: Anyway why are you jumping into my post even you are member since August 10 only..

This is not up to you. This is not WHT. Expect to be critiqued in all of your offers heavily at any time.

ViridWeb said: Warning can be remove after 2 weeks..

No.

@hzr said:

ViridWeb said: Anyway why are you jumping into my post even you are member since August 10 only..

This is not up to you. This is not WHT. Expect to be critiqued in all of your offers heavily at any time.

ViridWeb said: Warning can be remove after 2 weeks..

No.

Thanks mod for your response. I will keep this in mind in future posts. :smile:

• apply

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @gsmirnov1 said:
    apply

Is timeweb.com yours?

#lexit | FatPal - Official LET payment gateway

• @gsmirnov1 said:
    apply

approve

the Amitz.party lives on!

• skyhost_ruskyhost_ru Member, Provider

Why you do not sell provider tag? May be it is a good way for getting new providers on the board? :)

SkyHost.ru - KVM (OpenStack) VDS in Russia from 1.15 0.99 Euro (contact sales for special code)

• @skyhost_ru said:
    Why you do not sell provider tag? May be it is a good way for getting new providers on the board? :)

I don't think it's a good idea. Even with all the care taken by @admins in the approval process we already have some shitty providers. Throwing money into the equation would only make things worse, imho.

Thanked by 1imok

@ITLabs said:

@skyhost_ru said:

I don't think it's a good idea. Even with all the care taken by @admins in the approval process we already have some shitty providers. Throwing money into the equation would only make things worse, imho.

Some providers can pay, and they won't do any shit here :).
    Shit = ban. Very simple.
    But it will helps to get more providers here...
    Anyway, just idea.

SkyHost.ru - KVM (OpenStack) VDS in Russia from 1.15 0.99 Euro (contact sales for special code)

• @skyhost_ru said:

I'm sure you can work something out with @CVPS_Chris. He's done it in the past, after all. However, you might want to ask @hostnamaste and others how it worked out for them.

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

@MasonR said:

@skyhost_ru said:

I'm sure you can work something out with @CVPS_Chris. He's done it in the past, after all. However, you might want to ask @hostnamaste and others how it worked out for them.

I do not want it for me right now, it is just an idea...

• @skyhost_ru said:

Fun fact: You don't need a provider tag to make sales here. You can actually still mention your hosting in request threads or other posts if someone is asking specifically. IF you participate and contribute in the community and make a name for yourself people will know. They will also know whether you sell services. And they will mention and recommend you if they think you're worth it :)

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

Ympker said: IF you participate

This is the importantkey, otherwise the thread will just result in 50+ people shitposting about your host sucking.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • seriesnseriesn Member, Top Provider

@skyhost_ru said:

@ITLabs said:

@skyhost_ru said:

Some providers can pay, and they won't do any shit here :).
    Shit = ban. Very simple.
    But it will helps to get more providers here...
    Anyway, just idea.

LET suffered enough BS. Last thing you want is premium membership, corporate accounts, shills and special privileges(LOOOL).

LET Is a community. Lowendbox is the market place (Technically). Be part of the community and the community will take care of you. Use the time to learn this community and people that are part of it.

While yes, a lot of us here are just bunch of cheapskates, some of us are also cheapskates and cool people.

• edited September 2019

I'm not in a rush but I was just checking up on my provider application from July and thought I should flag that the ticket system seems to be down. It just seems to be downloading the PHP files when I access any URLs on there - https://imgur.com/a/Vh7Nabp

• @YellowHummingbird said:
    I'm not in a rush but I was just checking up on my provider application from July and thought I should flag that the ticket system seems to be down. It just seems to be downloading the PHP files when I access any URLs on there - https://imgur.com/a/Vh7Nabp

Yeah, it's been reported. Apparently there's hope since CC seems to have gained back some autonomy on the administration side of the LE* sites. Hopefully a fix is now underway.

For now, I'd suggest not downloading the thisistotallynotavirus.php file. The name is quite deceiving.

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

• @MasonR said:

@YellowHummingbird said:

Yeah, it's been reported. Apparently there's hope since CC seems to have gained back some autonomy on the administration side of the LE* sites. Hopefully a fix is now underway.

For now, I'd suggest not downloading the thisistotallynotavirus.php file. The name is quite deceiving.

Any update? It's almost 45 days that I had applied for Provider Tag..
    I applied on 16th August..
    Still waiting for response..

At least notify if it's rejected.. :angry:

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Only 45 days? Minimum wait is 60 days. Average processing period is 90 days and can take up to 180 days.

Thanked by 2dahartigan imok

There are two things that make Earth spin: Money and PMS.

• @ViridWeb said:

don't worry, no one around here is interested in your overpriced stuff anyway. and if you make yourself look desperate it doesn't make it better even ;-)

UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• bountysitebountysite Member
    edited October 2019

Does it normally take long time for Provider tag? Its been few months, since I applied for one.

BountySite: Website Time Machine with Offsite Security Scanning
    Add Value and Revenue to your Hosting

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@bountysite said:
    Does it normally take long time for Provider tag? Its been few months, since I applied for one.

"Signatures longer than most of your posts that fill significant portions of our screens. It should not be more than two lines, nor should it be distracting."

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."

• I just changed my signature today. I've changed it 2 lines.

BountySite: Website Time Machine with Offsite Security Scanning
    Add Value and Revenue to your Hosting

• Hey, what's up with all these "Provider Tag" requests last unanswered for more than 3 months?

Hostry.com - Hosting Provider | CDN (52 PoPs Worldwide) | VPS | Dedicated Servers | One-click CMS
    Domain Registration & Lookup | Free SSL | Free DNS | Servers: NL US SG LV CZ BG UA PL

• SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider

@Hostry said:
    Hey, what's up with all these "Provider Tag" requests last unanswered for more than 3 months?

Which ones? Yours?

• Mic-hael said: Which ones? Yours?

Yes.

The first time, I've applied for the Provider tag was in mid-August. No reply for a month. Then the support sub-domain was down for half of a month. Then I've applied again - still no response. Who should I ask for it?

Hostry.com - Hosting Provider | CDN (52 PoPs Worldwide) | VPS | Dedicated Servers | One-click CMS
    Domain Registration & Lookup | Free SSL | Free DNS | Servers: NL US SG LV CZ BG UA PL

• ITLabsITLabs Member
    edited October 2019

@Hostry said:
    Who should I ask for it?

I suggest that you send a letter with your formal complaint to:

Deluxe Corporation
    3680 Victoria Street North
    Shoreview, MN 55126-2966
    USA

• @ViridWeb said:

Please don't provide this person with a provider tag.

Thanked by 1dahartigan

That's not me.

• serveria_comserveria_com Member, Provider

There seems to be some issue with your support/ticket system. I tried to apply but after entering all the info requested the page refreshes and I get redirected to: https://support.lowendtalk.com/index.php
    No ticket number is shown, nothing. Could someone please look into it?

https://serveria.com SERVERIA.COM privately owned datacenter in Riga, Latvia: 100% anonymous dedicated servers, VPS, colocation and more.

• @serveria_com said:
    There seems to be some issue with your support/ticket system. I tried to apply but after entering all the info requested the page refreshes and I get redirected to: https://support.lowendtalk.com/index.php

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161207/new-interim-support-desk

Thanked by 1serveria_com

Looking for IT/Tech/Hosting-related Domain Names? Send me a PM here or on Discord (DP#3914)
    Current Auction(s): LES | HostedTalk

• serveria_comserveria_com Member, Provider

@thedp said:

@serveria_com said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/161207/new-interim-support-desk

Thanks, I appreciate...

https://serveria.com SERVERIA.COM privately owned datacenter in Riga, Latvia: 100% anonymous dedicated servers, VPS, colocation and more.

• @ViridWeb said:

Be patient, wait for the next 45 days....

LEMPer is yet another LEMP stack installer (plus cli-based LEMP stack management tool).
    Start your LEMP stack on the reliable cloud VPS instance starting only from around $5/mo.

@masedi said:

@ViridWeb said:

LOL! It will be the 120th day on 16th December. Neither got any rejection notification nor any approval. Will try to post our application again on the new temporary support desk..

Hope mod this time will not forget.. :smiley:

• JordJord Moderator, Provider

@ViridWeb said:

@masedi said:

@ViridWeb said:

LOL! It will be the 120th day on 16th December. Neither got any rejection notification nor any approval. Will try to post our application again on the new temporary support desk..

Well, the new support desk has been live and working for months. No one has access to the old system, so your ticket is dead. So it will never be answered on the old system :joy:

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• @ViridWeb said:

@masedi said:

@ViridWeb said:

The new support desk will be closed during December/January for the holidays, so your request will be seen to by approx Feb-June next year, due to the influx of hosts from India, there could be further months even years of delays..

Purveyor of high quality potassium

• @ViridWeb said:

@masedi said:

@ViridWeb said:

The temporary support desk will be closed in the next few days...
    Keep in queue...

LEMPer is yet another LEMP stack installer (plus cli-based LEMP stack management tool).
    Start your LEMP stack on the reliable cloud VPS instance starting only from around $5/mo.