Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020] - Page 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020]

Comments

• SunshineHostSunshineHost Member, Provider

dahartigan said: If you can't figure that out perhaps getting into the hosting business isn't your thing.

The thing is that, when I look up for whois, virtually nothing comes out, despite me unchecked WHOIS privacy option.

P.S. Found it at ICANN WHOIS lookup, thank you.

SUNSHINE WEBHOST LIMITED aims to provide quality web hosting services mainly in New Zealand and Australia. Probably @LizCat in disguise.

donli said: You check/uncheck the necessary box ?

I did.
    The thing is that, when I use services like whois.net the info does not come out.

SUNSHINE WEBHOST LIMITED aims to provide quality web hosting services mainly in New Zealand and Australia. Probably @LizCat in disguise.

• @SunshineHost said:

dahartigan said: If you can't figure that out perhaps getting into the hosting business isn't your thing.

The thing is that, when I look up for whois, virtually nothing comes out, despite me unchecked WHOIS privacy option.

Fair enough, certainly pays to look more closely ;)

Purveyor of high quality potassium

@dahartigan said:

@SunshineHost said:

Thoroughly deserved. This is embarrassing.

• @SunshineHost said:

@dahartigan said:

@SunshineHost said:

STRONG AND STABLE SERVERS

Who’s backing that up?

• defaultdefault Member

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• donlidonli Member
    edited May 2019

If you have Lorem Ipsum on the front page of your website you aren't going to pass the class.

Still time to change your major?

Thanked by 1SunshineHost

@donli said:
    If you have Lorem Ipsum on the front page of your website you aren't going to pass the class.

Still time to change your major?

Personally I would rather like to wait for the real reviews to come in, than to generate fake positive reviews that few people would believe.
    Thanks for your suggestion though.

@default said:

Accurate.

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@dahartigan said:

@SunshineHost said:

STRONG AND STABLE SERVERS

Who’s backing that up?

We are still in the process of collecting customer reviews, so these lorem ipsum reviews are used as space fillers as I do not want to put fake reviews there.

• donlidonli Member

@SunshineHost said:

We are still in the process of collecting customer reviews, so these lorem ipsum reviews are used as space fillers as I do not want to put fake reviews there.

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Thanked by 1SunshineHost

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

• @SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

Also, can you provide your company #? You seem to be quite proud of being a registered company.

edited May 2019

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

Also, can you provide your company #? You seem to be quite proud of being a registered company.

PMed.
    Please check.

Thanked by 1doghouch

• @SunshineHost said:

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

PMed.
    Please check.

The company registration checks out — best of luck with your business!

Thanked by 1SunshineHost

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@doghouch said:

@SunshineHost said:

@donli said:

@SunshineHost said:

I'd go with:

Coming soon!

then.

Will take your advice.

PMed.
    Please check.

The company registration checks out — best of luck with your business!

Thank you!

• ok :neutral:

Thanked by 1dahartigan
  • @GNOMEIT said:
    ok :neutral:

Every post that you’ve made thus far is under 3 words.

• HostYDHostYD Member, Provider

JackH said: Offer thread rules apply.

Only post offers that are under $7/month or equivalent recurring.
    If you've been in business for less than a year, the maximum billing period allowed is quarterly ($21/quarter).
    If you've been in business for over a year, the maximum billing period allowed is yearly ($84/year).

Are these rules also apply for fully managed VPS?

• @HostYD said:

If you've been in business for less than a year, the maximum billing period allowed is quarterly ($21/quarter).
    If you've been in business for over a year, the maximum billing period allowed is yearly ($84/year).

Have you found anything about managed in the rules?

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• HostYDHostYD Member, Provider

@teamacc said:

@HostYD said:

Have you found anything about managed in the rules?

Unable to find, that's why asked.

• hzrhzr Member, Moderator

Sure you can post managed VPS as long as it's under $7/m

• marvelmarvel Member without signature

Not sure if my request for a provider tag came through, I've opened a ticket but didn't get a numer or confirmation email. When I ask for the status it says 'Access Denied.'

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@marvel said:
    Not sure if my request for a provider tag came through, I've opened a ticket but didn't get a numer or confirmation email. When I ask for the status it says 'Access Denied.'

It seems to submit the ticket fine. Did you receive any email?

@MikePT said:

@marvel said:

It seems to submit the ticket fine. Did you receive any email?

Yes I did I can access the ticket but it's open for more than a week now :smiley:

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • donlidonli Member

"Lifetime" shared hosting offers are permitted ?

• abysscongabysscong Member, Provider

I have submitted a ticket. I hope to get certificated to provide cost-effective with others.

• ulayerulayer Member, Provider

Are there any admins or mods that can contact us? We submitted our application several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. We followed all of the rules and we meet the requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Universal Layer LLC, a privacy conscious hosting provider
    Check us out @ ulayer.net / twitter.com/ulayer_net

• Wasn't there a rule you had to post the USD price as well? I thought there was at one time.

Catch me over at Primary DNS. If you want to chat I am done with this cesspool.

• @AuroraZ said:
    Wasn't there a rule you had to post the USD price as well? I thought there was at one time.

Nope, you just have to ensure that, at the time of posting, the price listed is below x usd. This burden falls entirely on the host. Failure to do so can result in warnings/stripping of tags.

Thanked by 1AuroraZ

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:

@AuroraZ said:
    Wasn't there a rule you had to post the USD price as well? I thought there was at one time.

Nope, you just have to ensure that, at the time of posting, the price listed is below x usd. This burden falls entirely on the host. Failure to do so can result in warnings/stripping of tags.

OK sums that up for me, guess I got used to them being posted in both and now it seems no one does it.

@ulayer said:
    Are there any admins or mods that can contact us? We submitted our application several weeks ago, but haven't heard anything back. We followed all of the rules and we meet the requirements. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Same here, already opened 2 tickets. No response.

I don't think they are being read.

• @marvel said:

@ulayer said:

The Mods and Admins here are volunteers they do not work for anybody for a paycheck. If you can not wait find another site plain and simple. Asking for updates and posting about the wait will do nothing except piss some one off and then you get nothing anyways.

If you do not get an answer at all that means they do not want to give you a tag and it is time to move on.

• @marvel said:

@ulayer said:

You should contact Deluxe about this, they own the forum nowadays.

• ulayerulayer Member, Provider

We'd be willing to tip the admins :)

Maybe providers should be required to pay a small fee to become one. Money creates incentive.

Universal Layer LLC, a privacy conscious hosting provider
    Check us out @ ulayer.net / twitter.com/ulayer_net

• @ulayer said:
    We'd be willing to tip the admins :)

Maybe providers should be required to pay a small fee to become one. Money creates incentive.

The wrong incentive though. It gives providers leverage over the mods. For example, if you paid the mods 100 usd to get registered, would you feel inclined to respond when they point out that your signature is too damn long to conform to the rules, or would you be like "nah mate it's exactly as long as 100 usd gets it"?

If not you, then some other, maybe shittier, provider will.

Thanked by 3uptime ulayer ITLabs

@teamacc said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

You should contact Deluxe about this, they own the forum nowadays.

Ah right, I have no idea how to contact them though.

edited August 2019

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

The Mods and Admins here are volunteers they do not work for anybody for a paycheck. If you can not wait find another site plain and simple. Asking for updates and posting about the wait will do nothing except piss some one off and then you get nothing anyways.

If you do not get an answer at all that means they do not want to give you a tag and it is time to move on.

I do understand but I'm waiting more than 4 weeks now, that seems a bit long don't you think?

I think it's in both parties interest that new providers get a chance to post their offers here, otherwise it will be dominated by all the oldies and there will be less competition.

If new providers are not accepted this site will die eventually as they go somewhere else.

And if that's the policy, no answer means rejected I'm ok with that, but it would be useful to maybe add that to the rules for becoming a provider.

• @marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

I do understand but I'm waiting more than 4 weeks now, that seems a bit long don't you think?

I think it's in both parties interest that new providers get a chance to post their offers here, otherwise it will be dominated by all the oldies and there will be less competition.

If new providers are not accepted this site will die eventually as they go somewhere else.

And if that's the policy, no answer means rejected I'm ok with that, but it would be useful to maybe add that to the rules for becoming a provider.

Afaik a rejection is always done by means of a reply. No reply just means that either A) none of the mods have access to the support panel anymore or B) none of the mods has made/had time to research you a bit. (basic stuff like checking whmcs license etc)

Thanked by 1Debouncer

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited August 2019

marvel said: If new providers are not accepted this site will die eventually as they go somewhere else.

something something that which is already undead can never really die ... but yeah, I guess.

the Amitz.party lives on!

• AuroraZAuroraZ Member
    edited August 2019

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

Maybe to long for a Millenial, but not for me. A month is standard when the Mods and Admins do not get paid. You want faster then go someplace else. Hate to say this, but most if not all wanting a tag rent servers right now. That means the same provider that is already here, just one more step to get something done is all.

If you people only knew how long I have waited for answers from some one I pay a hell of a lot more then any provider here. You would shit yourself and then go insane, frothing at the mouth and eating your furniture.

edit:

@marvel specifically if you think throwing Solus on a dedi makes you a provider then you have a long road ahead of you. Yes I have seen your posts and you have commented that it is this easy to be a provider. When shit hits the fan, and it will especially with Solus, and you can not point and click your way give me a holler and I will only charge 3/4 price to fix it for you the right way.

@thepublic Man I miss @WSS here. I think I fire off an email to him and get nostalgic for a bit.

edited August 2019

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

Maybe to long for a Millenial, but not for me. A month is standard when the Mods and Admins do not get paid. You want faster then go someplace else. Hate to say this, but most if not all wanting a tag rent servers right now. That means the same provider that is already here, just one more step to get something done is all.

If you people only knew how long I have waited for answers from some one I pay a hell of a lot more then any provider here. You would shit yourself and then go insane, frothing at the mouth and eating your furniture.

edit:

@marvel specifically if you think throwing Solus on a dedi makes you a provider then you have a long road ahead of you. Yes I have seen your posts and you have commented that it is this easy to be a provider. When shit hits the fan, and it will especially with Solus, and you can not point and click your way give me a holler and I will only charge 3/4 price to fix it for you the right way.

@thepublic Man I miss @WSS here. I think I fire off an email to him and get nostalgic for a bit.

Well first of all I'm not a millenial ;)

And I've been hosting for 12 years, I know it's more then installing solus on a dedi. I also have had profitable companies for 15 years and still do.

What did you do?

And btw I also run a non-profit gaming community, when people ask me I reply same day even when I'm busy, just because I like what I'm doing.

Just because you're doing something for free doesn't mean you can shit over everybody and do as you please. It's just not very nice to let people wait for 4 weeks, I wasn't raised like that but I guess you only move when people give you money?

Also, I don't see a admin or provider tag on you anyway so I wonder why I even bother talking to you. Looks like you're just here to show everybody what a big man you are that knows how the world runs, well good for you now go away and let me do my business and you do yours.

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

edit:

And I've been hosting for 12 years, I know it's more then installing solus on a dedi. I also have had profitable companies for 15 years and still do.

What did you do?

And btw I also run a non-profit gaming community, when people ask me I reply same day even when I'm busy, just because I like what I'm doing.

Just because you're doing something for free doesn't mean you can shit over everybody and do as you please. It's just not very nice to let people wait for 4 weeks, I wasn't raised like that but I guess you only move when people give you money?

Also, I don't see a admin or provider tag on you anyway so I wonder why I even bother talking to you. Looks like you're just here to show everybody what a big man you are that knows how the world runs, well good for you now go away and let me do my business and you do yours.

Such attitude won't help you getting the Provider tag. The image people create about you is that you are desperate to post here. This isnt just business but a community. AuroraZ is a respectable member here, he earnt that, you havent. Saying you dont even bother to speak to him because he isnt a provider or admin is ridiculous. If you are too good for us then do your business somewhere else. You wont be successful here with your 15 years of successful businesses. This is LET.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited August 2019

@teamacc said:
    Afaik a rejection is always done by means of a reply. No reply just means that either A) none of the mods have access to the support panel anymore or B) none of the mods has made/had time to research you a bit. (basic stuff like checking whmcs license etc)

Option A :-)

Only Jack, trewq and a few others have access.

@marvel

I’m sorry if you haven’t received a reply yet. Please understand that most of the staff members here are volunteers that have other things to do other than sift through hundreds of tickets a week.

Edit: fixed formatting

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited August 2019

Since offering Dedis for more then 84$ is not allowed, it should not be allowed to advertise them here. Even if you are not selling these directly here.

Its misleading to users, with that clickbait they pull off.

edited August 2019

@MikePT said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@AuroraZ said:

@marvel said:

@ulayer said:

edit:

What did you do?

Such attitude won't help you getting the Provider tag. The image people create about you is that you are desperate to post here. This isnt just business but a community. AuroraZ is a respectable member here, he earnt that, you havent. Saying you dont even bother to speak to him because he isnt a provider or admin is ridiculous. If you are too good for us then do your business somewhere else. You wont be successful here with your 15 years of successful businesses. This is LET.

He pretents to know everything about me and is disrespectful to me, he has no right to criticize how I run my business that he doesn't even know about.

I was just asking for an update on my tag, nothing more and he starts off with all this shit calling me a Millenial, sorry but I'm not gonna shut up and will defend myself even if it costs me my tag I really don't care.

But I guess if you're a longterm respectful member that gives you the right to say and do anything.

@doghouch said:

@teamacc said:

Option A :-)

Only Jack, trewq and a few others have access.

@marvel

I’m sorry if you haven’t received a reply yet. Please understand that most of the staff members here are volunteers that have other things to do other than sift through hundreds of tickets a week.

Edit: fixed formatting

Thanks Doghouch I will just wait then, I didn't realize you're getting hundreds of tickets a week.

See this is all I needed to know, thanks again!

• Thanks

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @marvel ... tfw when you realize an actual low-end Yeti™ has earned more respect than you.

well, live and learn I guess

smh

good luck with your provider tag

lulz ...

Thanked by 3marvel ITLabs MikePT

the Amitz.party lives on!

• ViridWebViridWeb Member, Provider

Is't true that Provider Tag request approval can takes up to 4 months!??
    I'm just asking as I am curious about this and also I submitted my application and that was 5/6 days ago..

ViridWeb.com - cPanel Web Hosting | Litespeed + SSH Access + Free Backups + Free Transfers.
    CIN: U72900WB2018OPC226882 | GST: 19AAGCV4976R1Z4

@ViridWeb said:
    Is't true that Provider Tag request approval can takes up to 4 months!??
    I'm just asking as I am curious about this and also I submitted my application and that was 5/6 days ago..

Be patient. The mods here are doing it free of cost. They have plenty of stuff to do.