Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020] - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020]

Comments

• @FAT32 said:
    Hi! May I know what are the terms? For example, is there a validity of the 100€ extra credits? You can consider making one that is $7 for $70 or equivalent :wink:

There probably is a typo.
    Should be $7 for $100 I think...

Thanked by 2FAT32 dahartigan

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• Yes it has to be used within the first month, thank you for your time and answer.
    I will follow your instructions.

Thomas - Technical Support - ikoula.com

hyperv vps /-/ xen cloud vm /-/ dedicated servers

• Thanked by 2eol dahartigan

Thomas - Technical Support - ikoula.com

hyperv vps /-/ xen cloud vm /-/ dedicated servers

• @Ikoula said:
    ;) @eol

Do it.
    LOL.

Thanked by 2dahartigan uptime

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• gnugnu Member
    1. All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old.

What is the reasoning behind this rule?

• @gnu said:

1. All domains in the auction must be at least 6 months old.

What is the reasoning behind this rule?

Cunts. @Nekki

• gnugnu Member

I mean literally every domain sold here was unused at the time. Also, domains aren't websites/hosting/businesses that are supposed to have history necessary to establish reputation.

• @gnu This isn't WebHostingTalk. If it's never been used, $7 (or less).

• gnugnu Member

@Letzien No, I mean when (unused) domain is listed here on auction, what difference does it make if it's 6 or 5 months old? Well, according to LET rules domain being 5 months old makes it ineligible for auction.

• @gnu said:
    @Letzien No, I mean when (unused) domain is listed here on auction, what difference does it make if it's 6 or 5 months old? Well, according to LET rules domain being 5 months old makes it ineligible for auction.

It's probably there to discourage people from registering a bunch of trash domains and immediately auctioning them off the next day. Three months seems like a bit too short of the time needed to discourage such behavior and a full year seems like way too long, so 6 months is the sweet spot.

Thanked by 3eol gnu Letzien

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

• @MasonR said:

@gnu said:

It's probably there to discourage people from registering a bunch of trash domains and immediately auctioning them off the next day. Three months seems like a bit too short of the time needed to discourage such behavior and a full year seems like way too long, so 6 months is the sweet spot.

Well, this.

Thanked by 1eol
  • @MasonR said:

@gnu said:

Can confirm. One guy even tried to auction an unregistered domain, in hopes of receiving a bid of 10+ USD and regging it with that money. Did not go very well.

Thanked by 3MasonR uptime eol

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:

@MasonR said:

@gnu said:

Can confirm. One guy even tried to auction an unregistered domain, in hopes of receiving a bid of 10+ USD and regging it with that money. Did not go very well.

Wow- that's almost Prout levels.. except I.. well not quite.

• vinothmoorthyvinothmoorthy Member
    edited March 2019

--mod edit: full quote of first post removed--

The good thing about the vps offers is "high in profit"
    the bad thing no one going to sell "1core 1 gb 500gb vps"

• vserversitevserversite Member, Provider

Hi,

we have send over the Helpdesk an mail to get Provider Tag. Since weeks we dont get an email.

What we do wrong?

• FAT32FAT32 Member, Moderator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire

@vserversite said:
    Hi,

we have send over the Helpdesk an mail to get Provider Tag. Since weeks we dont get an email.

What we do wrong?

I don't think your posts are having enough quality contents... But I am not the one approving at helpdesk so perhaps someone else can clarify.

Highly emotional. Need more deals to calm myself down.

• Yup, helpdesk is understaffed.

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• deankdeank Member

I believe somebody works at the helpdesk once every 3 month, so wait 3 months and it will get done.

At the same time, looking at his post history, his only objective is to spam his ad later.

The powers of PMS.

• For WHMCS License : Why do you ban a user if him using Nulled License? I know that is ILLEGAL, but, WHMCS License is Expensive

@naufalprojects said:
    For WHMCS License : Why do you ban a user if him using Nulled License? I know that is ILLEGAL, but, WHMCS License is Expensive

Really?

If you can't afford a WHMCS License that costs only $20-40/m, how can we trust you on handling the clients well?

If you are using a billing tool that helps you earn money, you should pay for it. Period.

• deankdeank Member
    edited April 2019

Kids' logic really.

Or someone who has never dealt with his own account = a kid or a man child.

The powers of PMS.

• What guarantee do clients have that your whmcs is up to date and does not contain a backdoor placed there by the cracker?

Really, think before you type.

• @naufalprojects said:
    For WHMCS License : Why do you ban a user if him using Nulled License? I know that is ILLEGAL, but, WHMCS License is Expensive

Joined 8:42AM.

Tell us more.

Thanked by 2MasonR doghouch

"Linux will run happily with only 4 MB of RAM, including all of the bells and whistles such as the X Window System, Emacs, and so on." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 32)

• Who handles provider requests and what is the response time for it? Is this done by ColoCrossing?

Fastmako (aff) - great VPS for your needs.

• deankdeank Member

3 months appear to be the response time.

Basically, ticket files up and someone will eventually work on it when complaints get loud enough. That appears to be the pattern since 2018.

The powers of PMS.

• FastmakoFastmako Member, Provider

No response for 3 days here, probably normal because of volunteers and their free time.

Fastmako.com - VPS powerful and fast like the mako shark.

• @deank said:
    3 months appear to be the response time.

Basically, ticket files up and someone will eventually work on it when complaints get loud enough. That appears to be the pattern since 2018.

I dont even have access to the portal.

• deankdeank Member
    edited April 2019

Admins & staff do. You are just a mod, so no.

The powers of PMS.

• @deank said:
    Admins & staff do. You are just a mod, so no.

This is one of these comments where you need to tag an admin, @trewq ...

• deankdeank Member
    edited April 2019

Nah, they've got lives. No need to waste time on lowend beings.

Staff on wage don't come here, so only volunteer admins are left to do the job. There are two of them, I believe.

Thanked by 3doghouch quadhost FHR

The powers of PMS.

• How can we open a sales topic?

• deankdeank Member

You don't.

The powers of PMS.

@NettaCompany said:
    How can we open a sales topic?

Read the first post in this thread carefully a few times and you will know how to open.

• And make sure you are a reseller for ColoCrossing.

@Fastmako said:
    No response for 3 days here, probably normal because of volunteers and their free time.

More than 8 days without response to Provider Tag Request. Something is very wrong here.

• deankdeank Member
    edited April 2019

8 days is nothing.

The minimum is 3 months of waiting. You will wait up to 6 months. Make sure that your company doesn't fall apart before that.

The powers of PMS.

• georgedatacentergeorgedatacenter Member, Provider

@Fastmako said:

@Fastmako said:

More than 8 days without response to Provider Tag Request. Something is very wrong here.

you still have 22 more days to complete the month :)

@trewq - I don't mean to bump it, but could you help me out with my Provider Tag Request?

• deankdeank Member

Dude, you do need to wait at least 3 months. I wasn't joking there.

The powers of PMS.

• FalzoFalzo Member

@deank said:
    Dude, you do need to wait at least 3 months. I wasn't joking there.

they're all desperate. all their business models rely on getting a provider tag on LET...

especially before summer is here

most recommended Provider: First-Root KVM Power-Edition /w SSD
    UltraVPS.eu KVM in US/UK/NL/DE: 15% off first 6 month | Netcup VPS/rootDS - 5€ off: 36nc15279180197 (ref)

• deankdeank Member

Well, I can see why he's eager. I mean, summer is coming. 3 months from now would be the ending stage of summer.

The powers of PMS.

• defaultdefault Member
    edited April 2019

Actually... rule #1 states: You must have 15 (non-spammy) posts and have been registered on LET for 30 days to request a provider tag.

• deankdeank Member

That's the written rule.

The current effective rule is 3 to 6 months of wait due to staff shortage.

The powers of PMS.

• Pro tip: order some CC servers to get put on the fast track.

Pro tip2: order a significant amount of CC servers and you'll get your name added to the nightly cron that unbans CC resellers.

Pro tip3: just be fucking patient. All LET mods are volunteers and constant complaining or bumping your ticket won't motivate them to act any faster and will only prolong the process.

Thanked by 1FHR

HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently

• @MasonR said:
    Pro tip2: order a significant amount of CC servers and you'll get your name added to the nightly cron that unbans CC resellers.

There are, however, exceptions.

• @cociu said:
    nice about limit rise in dedi , now the providers can offer something more strong in this budget. a big ++++ for the ideea.

I agree with you. This is best place for customers who needs high performance servers with low prie

• @qps said:

funkywizard said: Anything under $100 is cheap.

If I were picking, I think this should be the limit.

$100.00 is too much. THerer are a lot of servers with 16G ram but price under $50.00

• SunshineHostSunshineHost Member, Provider

How to submit public WHOIS when most domain registrar comply with GDPR regulations nowdays?

SUNSHINE WEBHOST LIMITED aims to provide quality web hosting services mainly in New Zealand and Australia. Probably @LizCat in disguise.

• @SunshineHost said:
    How to submit public WHOIS when most domain registrar comply with GDPR regulations nowdays?

If you can't figure that out perhaps getting into the hosting business isn't your thing.

Purveyor of high quality potassium | "Get a FREE high-spec VPS from Evolution Host"

• donlidonli Member

@SunshineHost said:

You check/uncheck the necessary box ?