Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020] - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Rules for selling on LowEndTalk [Updated January 2020]

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

"Working as intended".

Thanked by 2mfs GameTownProjects

I have not created a single thread. Verify it if you dare.

• mikhomikho Member, Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

spinvps said: I'm having the same problem, I have tried like 50 times, completed cloudflare captcha every time only to reload open ticket page over and over again. I don't know what to do anymore, if I contact admin they ban me for 90 days because I didn't load the data via ticket system so I'm stuck not been able to do anything.

@Nick @trewq this has been a problem for about 2 months now.

Get a LES NAT VPS! (or 10) in United States (3), Germany, Bulgaria, France, Norway, Australia (2), Singapore. | -> 500gb NAT Storage
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider
    edited October 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

spinvps said: I'm having the same problem, I have tried like 50 times, completed cloudflare captcha every time only to reload open ticket page over and over again. I don't know what to do anymore, if I contact admin they ban me for 90 days because I didn't load the data via ticket system so I'm stuck not been able to do anything.

CC are aware. I'll take over the thread next time I'm at my desk, not going to risk it on my phone :smile:

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • spinvpsspinvps Member, Provider

@trewq said:

@AnthonySmith said:

CC are aware. I'll take over the thread next time I'm at my desk, not going to risk it on my phone :smile:

Any chance to take care of it ?

Thanked by 1SpryServers_Tab

Probably not their priority, given how it's been running since the ... incident.

• SmallWebSmallWeb Member, Provider

@deank said:
    Probably not their priority, given how it's been running since the ... incident.

Erwähnen Sie nicht den Zwischenfall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SmallWeb - DirectAdmin Web Hosting from £3.99/Year in AMS, GER, LAX, LON, LUX, MEL, NYC & SGP. No Support via LET

• Can one member with provider tag posting offer for multiple providers? I mean, just like what @ komputerking do, posting for tragicserver, edgeserv, ftpit, bitronic.

Thanked by 1imok

my datamedia company

• feezioxiiifeezioxiii Member, Provider

@easy said:
    Can one member with provider tag posting offer for multiple providers? I mean, just like what @ komputerking do, posting for tragicserver, edgeserv, ftpit, bitronic.

That member only able to post offer from which company he/she is represented and have their information verified with staff.

Hyonix — affordable licensed Windows VPS / CA, TX, VA, UK / Hyper-V Based / Enterprise NVMe / Unmetered Bandwidth.

Wanna try out? Our packages start from $6.5/m and we got your back with our 7-days money back guarantee!

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited November 2018

@easy said:
    Can one member with provider tag posting offer for multiple providers? I mean, just like what @ komputerking do, posting for tragicserver, edgeserv, ftpit, bitronic.

Pretty sure he can if it's for information, news, deal, etc.

But if he post on offer section, pretty sure he can only post on behalf of his company.

• @easy said:

When they're all owned by the same person, I'm sure there's no issue.

Own a piece of internets history.

• qba82qba82 Member, Provider

Hi, I am trying to make a ticket in helpdesk:
    https://support.lowendtalk.com/open.php
    but it always timeout and I get
    Error 524 A timeout occurred
    from Cloudflare, what can be problem?

| Webhosting1st | Shared hosting -> starting with $10/YEAR, Raid10 SSD Disks, Unlimited domains | KVM VPS -> DDos protection | Starting with $6/Mo | Location [PL]

• teamaccteamacc Member
    edited November 2018

The problem is that the owners stopped caring. @Nick

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• that's 3rd day since I'm getting 524 error.

[In Gandalf's voice] You shall not get your provider tag!

Thanked by 1eol

• ServerumServerum Member, Provider

Opening ticket at https://support.lowendtalk.com is broken. Can anyone fix this issue please?

Serverum - your cloud and dedicated server provider in Baltic region.

It's been broken for 3 + months now. Give up already.

• Unless you want to resell CC, then it magically works.

Thanked by 1IncognitoBurrito

"They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

• Are we able to sell vps account credits here when vps host refuse to refund money but provide you with transferrable credit?

• reditredit Member, Provider

Just to keep this going I've just tried to get a tag again and still getting Error 524

Domain Names, Shared Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & SSL Certificates
    redIT - https://www.redit.co.uk

• @redit said:
    Just to keep this going I've just tried to get a tag again and still getting Error 524

Why do you need another tag?

• reditredit Member, Provider

I don't I now have my tag thank you. I was saying that I have tried to get a tag a number of time and always got the cloudflare error

Domain Names, Shared Web Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & SSL Certificates
    redIT - https://www.redit.co.uk

Two tags is better than one. That's just common sense.

Thanked by 2eol Shazan

• @deank said:
    Two tags is are better than one. That's just common sense.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

No, "is" is proper here because two tags is in essence just one.

Thanked by 1eol

• eoleol Member
    edited December 2018

Ok.

EDIT:
    Shortened comment.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• Edited the rules to cover the recent influx of geniuses who can't find the sidebar...

Thanked by 1eol

I am not sure whether they can find their own usernames.

Thanked by 1eol

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited January 2019

@deank said:

I'm just going to post this every time someone asks:

Thanked by 2eol MikePT
  • CLICK THE GEAR GODDAMMIT!

Thanked by 1imok
  • eoleol Member

@doghouch said:

@deank said:

I liked the first version more although the second one looks more professional.

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

The second version won't work, dog.

Their attention span is that of an ant, 2 seconds.

Thanked by 1eol

• @deank said:
    The second version won't work, dog.

Their attention span is that of an ant, 2 seconds.

Sorry, boss — it got to me pretty quickly so I made the gif instead.

• MikePTMikePT Member, Provider

@doghouch said:

@deank said:

Delete those drafts, ahahahah

• @MikePT said:

They’re mostly posts that my personal filter deemed too harsh to send out to the world wiiiiide web.

Having said that, it’s not spring yet. Spring cleaning will happen in a few months time :-)

Thanked by 2MikePT eol
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited January 2019

@doghouch said:

@MikePT said:

They’re mostly posts that my personal filter deemed too harsh to send out to the world wiiiiide web. :-)

We all have those... ;)

Thanked by 2MikePT eol

"They said it's RAID 5" - geekypixal

• JackHJackH Moderator

Update 18th Jan 2019: Added provider tag request template to try to increase efficiency and reduce workload for support desk.

Thanked by 1eol

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• londry521londry521 Member
    edited January 2019

My Brother, can we apply for an out-of-bounds situation?
    We are a Chinese company, but we only provide digital certificate services, we are not a Hosting or Server provider.According to the rules, we are unable to apply for the provider label.

• eoleol Member

@londry521 said:
    My Dad...

?

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• @eol said:

@londry521 said:
    My Dad...

?

Polite way to call someone a motherfucker.

Thanked by 4eol uptime austenite FHR

I like my uptime down low and my servers all hacked. Can see me droppin' twenty-fours with a router in the rack.
    Ya like ya Switch-Ports hot and ya servers all hacked. If ya pings real high and ya networks pitch black.

• @teamacc said:

@eol said:

@londry521 said:
    My Dad...

?

Polite way to call someone a motherfucker.

Maybe my understanding is wrong. I'm very sorry for all the friends who have been adversely affected by me. I've corrected that incorrect title.

Thanked by 2eol uptime
  • eoleol Member

Much better.

Thanked by 1londry521

˙ɹǝuzʇǝɥ

• Can hosting related services like website backup and security post ads in this forum? What rules apply here?

BountySite: Website Time Machine with Offsite Security Scanning
    Add Value and Revenue to your Hosting

• @bountysite said:
    Can hosting related services like website backup and security post ads in this forum? What rules apply here?

Do you provide services? If so you need a tag. See simple.

Thanked by 1WSЅ

Catch me over at Primary DNS. If you want to chat I am done with this cesspool.

• Based on recent drama in the SYS flash sale thread (pretty good offer of an E3 server for 30 euro/m with an 18 euro setup fee), I'd like to suggest modifying the "no setup fee" rule for dedicated servers to "no setup fee unless the setup fee and the monthly rent COMBINED add up to less than the 84 dollar limit". It could also be limited to providers who have been renting dedis for at least 1 year.

The drama is between rules stickers saying the flash sale post is not allowed because of the setup fee, and others saying (accurately I think) that members want to see those posts. There have been other OVH/Kimsufi flash sales in the past that have been welcome and not drawn any complaints afaict.

People are proposing various subterfuges like phrasing the offer as "48 euro for the first month, 30 euro/m after that, no setup fee" or posting to Cest Pit and hoping someone other than the provider will post a more visible thread, but I think it's best to just recognize what is going on and allow it. I still think $84/m is too high for a low end server but if the headroom is used for a setup fee on a server with lower monthly rent, that eases the annoyance.

#lexit spread the word.

• YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited February 2019

@willie Thanks for putting this thought out there. Don't just say "rule-stickers" and "others" though. The "rule-stickers" probably referring to @MasonR and me have also expressed, that we believe the community is welcoming these flash deals and I, in particular, have pointed out that the KS sales threads have always been of great value to us and cherished by the community. So don't say we are "others" not seeing why people would like these kinda offers. Don't get me wrong. We are cheapos too, and we love them. The thing is,
    people, especially new providers, get bashed pretty quick &hard for not following the rules. Having established hosts ignore them or allowing double-standards would just not be fair. Furthermore: Aren't the rules meant to be followed? There is always the option to adapt the rules which you have now proposed. And that's good. Let's see where this takes us :)

Thanked by 1MasonR
  • williewillie Member
    edited February 2019

Aren't the rules meant to be followed?

No, they're meant to shut off actual abuse including iffy cases where members complain about a post on its substance. It's just like in real life. If you park on the street blocking your own driveway, you can in principle get a ticket or towed, but usually you won't, because the cops normally won't enforce that rule unless the homeowner actually complains to them about the blockage (which will happen if you block someone else's driveway rather than your own without their permission). Same thing if you have a noisy party at your own house: the cops will shut it down if the neighbors complain, but if they don't complain (because they are at your house partying with you), the cops will hopefully leave you alone. Save the rule bureaucracy for when it's concretely useful.

There is always the option to adapt the rules which you have now proposed.

Yes, I think that would simplify and clarify the situation, which is why I proposed it. Note that some recent Hetzner offerings like the EX42 are also affected.

Thanked by 1Ympker

#lexit spread the word.

• I second the "Any month including first month must be below 84 usd" thing for dedis, effectively allowing dedis with a setup fee, as long as total price is within LET limits.

• JackHJackH Moderator

@teamacc said:
    I second the "Any month including first month must be below 84 usd" thing for dedis, effectively allowing dedis with a setup fee, as long as total price is within LET limits.

I think this is an excellent suggestion. It doesn't seem to have any controversial consequences, and if anything will encourage the posting of further offers. Leave it with me! :-)

Thanked by 3Ympker MasonR angstrom

NVMe KVM VPS in Amsterdam, Stockholm, Oslo, Vienna and LA ($2.50/1GB RAM/10GB NVMe/month) (AFF LINK)

• Hi !

As some of you knows one of our hosting service is a Public Cloud offer.
    Nowadays we give 100€ credits in exchange of 10€ charged.
    Due to this "condition" i cannot publish this offer on lowendtalk.
    is there an admin that con confirm me that please ?

Thank you

nb : it's on the page https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud just below the caption "discovery offer".

Thomas - Technical Support - ikoula.com

hyperv vps /-/ xen cloud vm /-/ dedicated servers

• FAT32FAT32 Administrator, Deal Compiler Extraordinaire
    edited February 2019

@Ikoula said:
    Hi !

As some of you knows one of our hosting service is a Public Cloud offer.
    Nowadays we give 100€ credits in exchange of 10€ charged.
    Due to this "condition" i cannot publish this offer on lowendtalk.
    is there an admin that con confirm me that please ?

Thank you

nb : it's on the page https://www.ikoula.com/en/public-cloud just below the caption "discovery offer".

Hi! May I know what are the terms? For example, is there a validity of the 100€ extra credits? You can consider making one that is $7 for $70 or equivalent :wink:

EDIT: I just found that it is only valid for first month of use. This is a bit too short in my opinion and I wonder if people would be interested on it. You can still create an offer but only list out VM Pico and Micro that is lower than the $7/m limit.

Thanked by 2eol uptime

"Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always."