Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowend Google App Engine ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowend Google App Engine ?

Is ther any alternative to Google App Engine ?

We deploy APP, it will scale down and up automatically depending on the load.

Comments

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

See our PaaS - https://cloudjiffy.com

Currently in India, launching soon in USA.

• @leapswitch said:
    See our PaaS - https://cloudjiffy.com

Currently in India, launching soon in USA.

Interesting. As a matter of fact I prefer India rather than USA. Because I am in Indonesia.

Can you give some example of the calculation ?

We have a 14 day free trial. If you signup and do not get an SMS for verification, please reach out to our support team.

Here is how Pricing works - (USD 1 = INR 70)

Cloudlets - INR 45 - 60 per cloudlet per month (128MB RAM / 400Mhz CPU)
    Storage - 20GB SSD Free - INR 2 - 4 per GB per month for additional storage.
    Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - INR 2 - 4 per GB per hour for additional bandwidth.
    Public IPv4 - INR 100 per month - Private IPv4 and subdomains are included.
    Billing is currently INR only, USD will be added next month. Billing is pre-paid via fund addition with a minimum of INR 500 ($7) .

What does $7 (INR 490) get you for an entire month -

Cloudlets - Average 3200Mhz CPU - 1GB RAM - 8 Cloudlet consumption
    Storage - 20GB SSD Free
    Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - 720-730GB in a month
    Public IPv4 - 1 Public IPv4, Private IPv4 and Subdomain (CNAME/A record).
    We are the only Provider on LET to bill on Average Actual Resource Consumption, not Plans or Limits. On our normal VPS range, we see 20% Average Actual Resource Consumption, leading to upto 80% cost savings compared to other Cloud/VPS providers.

Signup for your free 14 day trial here - https://cloudjiffy.com/

• @leapswitch said:
    What does $7 (INR 490) get you for an entire month -

Cloudlets - Average 3200Mhz CPU - 1GB RAM - 8 Cloudlet consumption
    Storage - 20GB SSD Free
    Traffic - 1GB / hour Free - 720-730GB in a month
    Public IPv4 - 1 Public IPv4, Private IPv4 and Subdomain (CNAME/A record).
    We are the only Provider on LET to bill on Average Actual Resource Consumption, not Plans or Limits. On our normal VPS range, we see 20% Average Actual Resource Consumption, leading to upto 80% cost savings compared to other Cloud/VPS providers.

Signup for your free 14 day trial here - https://cloudjiffy.com/

So, if the actual usage is lower than this, it will cost less than $7, is that correct ? lets say my app is idle for the whole month, or only use 3 days in a month.

Also, I don't get the sms confirmation.

If actual usage is lower, you willl be charged lower. If it idle, you will be charged whatever RAM/CPU is used by idle containers. If you stop an environment, you will not be charged.

Please click Help > Contact support, our techs will activate your account

• @leapswitch said: If you stop an environment, you will not be charged.

So, you are not billing for stopped instances even if they take up storage? As long as the instance is within the 20 GB free limit?

@saibal said:

@leapswitch said: If you stop an environment, you will not be charged.

So, you are not billing for stopped instances even if they take up storage? As long as the instance is within the 20 GB free limit?

Correct

Thanked by 2vimalware saibal
  • @leapswitch said:

@saibal said:

Correct

The interface is a little confusing. Is there any video tutorial or something ?

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@saibal said:

Correct

You can schedule a demo - https://calendly.com/cloudjiffy-demo

Our solution architect will give you an interface demo and help you with deployment over Google Meet

• @leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@saibal said:

Correct

Our solution architect will give you an interface demo and help you with deployment over Google Meet

After did some digging a few days , apparently it's very hard to find provider that has auto scaling horizontally / vertically. Probably I am gonna stuck with you for a couple of weeks

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@saibal said:

Correct

After did some digging a few days , apparently it's very hard to find provider that has auto scaling horizontally / vertically. Probably I am gonna stuck with you for a couple of weeks

Let me know if you need any help.

• @leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@saibal said:

Correct

Okay, I am able to get my apps up and running. But why is it very slow ? the ping is 455ms. I am in Asia myself. My normal ping to India should be around 100ms (200ms to usa). The latency shouldn't be that high. Is it because the trial account ?

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@saibal said:

Correct

Okay, I am able to get my apps up and running. But why is it very slow ? the ping is 455ms. I am in Asia myself. My normal ping to India should be around 100ms (200ms to usa). The latency shouldn't be that high. Is it because the trial account ?

Please open a ticket to support with a traceroute so that a tech can check. If needed he will escalate it to networking and get the routing optimized.

• @leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@yokowasis said:

@leapswitch said:

@saibal said:

Correct

Please open a ticket to support with a traceroute so that a tech can check. If needed he will escalate it to networking and get the routing optimized.

Just talked to your Tech Support via Skype. He can answer all of my questions and explain things. Very great experience.

I hope the high latency problem get fixed soon. That's the only thing that prevent me from using the service.

Thanked by 1leapswitch