Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CircleBilling: BoxBilling Fork, supports PHP 7
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

CircleBilling: BoxBilling Fork, supports PHP 7

Nostalgic me, I remembered BoxBolling that free billing system, then I saw this mess of thread https://github.com/boxbilling/boxbilling/issues/507 and it seems like someone had decided to fork it and make it compatible with 7.0 and also fixed tons of issues.

https://github.com/CircleBilling/CircleBilling

Just in case anyone is interested in test it, I have and I am impressed tbh (or maybe nostalgic)

Thanked by 1doughmanes

Comments

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 2018

I've been using boxbilling for years for production, and fixing the issue myself. Boxbilling is a solid product , it's a shame that it's being abandoned by its developer.

Edit : apparently it's not usable yet. Better stick with boxbilling then.

• YuraYura Member
    edited October 2018

Fork it as CircleJerking.

• Thanks for the post. I was actually looking for a new billing platform.

yokowasis said: Edit : apparently it's not usable yet. Better stick with boxbilling then.

Main site and documentation needs to be done but what is stopping you from pulling it from Github?

• @doughmanes said:
    Thanks for the post. I was actually looking for a new billing platform.

yokowasis said: Edit : apparently it's not usable yet. Better stick with boxbilling then.

Main site and documentation needs to be done but what is stopping you from pulling it from Github?

Nothing.

Also there is no reason for me to do so.

• Ok. Stop being overly dramatic with "not usable" when you appear to be the problem.

• yokowasisyokowasis Member
    edited October 2018

@doughmanes said:
    Ok. Stop being overly dramatic with "not usable" when you appear to be the problem.

I am not the one who said "not usable", it's the developer. Also apparently the boxbilling database is not compatible with circlebilling and currently there is no way to import yet.

Probably in the future this will be great. But currently I agree with the developer. It's not in a usable state yet.

Don't get me wrong. I've been fixing using boxbilling for years. And I would love to get some update.

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Is this thing stable yet?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Hopefully it does not pull a VestaCP.

Thanked by 1coreflux