Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Media Temple!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Media Temple!

CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

Just putting out a discussion.

Why the heck is Media Temple so expensive when compared to all the other hosts of the internet. I do not see anything that jumps out that justifies their price.

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Who's media temple and why you care

• CoastHostingCoastHosting Member, Host Rep

www.mediatemple.net

A lot of music industries use them like Sony, large pop up movie sites etc. I believe they're based out of Quadranet LA

I care as I like to use what media companies use as I think there must be a reason for it

Thanked by 1QuadraNet_Adam
  • @davenz said:
    A lot of music industries use them like Sony, large pop up movie sites etc. I believe they're based out of Quadranet LA

I care as I like to use what media companies use as I think there must be a reason for it

maybe thats why?

why lower prices when you already have really good high paying customers

• LeviLevi Member
    edited October 2018

They are so called "premium hosting" provider. Basically can wipe your ass after you taking a good dump if we speaking about customer care. Much like rackspace.com, liquidweb.com (back in the days) etc.

Thanked by 4jh FHR vimalware Janevski
  • Premium GoDaddy (Same company btw)

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@LTniger said:
    Basically can wipe your ass after you taking a good dump if we speaking about customer care.

That's why remote hands are expensive?

Do they have better Performance and scaleabilty then lower cost?

Can you trust your data more than other companies?

• @davenz said:

you're so random

• TDPTDP Member

@davenz said:
    Do they have better Performance and scaleabilty then lower cost?

@davenz said:

I haven't really heard anything bad about the performance of their network/servers. Also, MT has been around for a long time now, and they don't appear to be going anyway anytime soon.

Now, with that said, are they really better than the more affordable options out there? ¯_(ツ)_/¯
    I'm sure if you're looking for a managed solution they'd be fine. However, for self-managed you could go with Linode's 4GB plan for $10 cheaper a month. Linode gives you double the RAM, 4x more storage, and double the BW for this plan vs MT Level 1.

• Virtuozzo is not that cheap and neither is plesk. At least that`s what they were using back in the day when they were still popular.

• They are a managed services company. Very high quality. I personally am very impressed by their capabilities, support and dedication to the work they do. They are now low-end shit, they are balling motherfuckers. - being blunt cuz its true.

I am planning to move my wordpress sites to them on Black Friday when they have a sale for Wordpress Managed Hosting Services. All I do is buy, they will do the migration and rest for me, guaranteed no effort on my end and it will get done, no matter how complex my site is. But then again, I did fake the last 2 years because I am somewhat still married to these low-end prices.

Thanked by 2kyawhtun2012 willie
  • I remember paying $20 a month for shared hosting and tried to use drupal but it was slow as a snail with 1 user or more!!!! I did buy it from them because it was highly recommended and referred as hosting large companies.

Don't fall for any hype or price meaning quality.

• Neil-SFNeil-SF Member, Host Rep

If people are paying their prices, why lower it?

• @UK1Host said:
    If people are paying their prices, why lower it?

Because OP want to use them

• @LTniger said:
    They are so called "premium hosting" provider. Basically can wipe your ass after you taking a good dump if we speaking about customer care. Much like rackspace.com, liquidweb.com (back in the days) etc.

I've heard their support even call customers in the middle of the night and then they read them a bed time story.

• MT sucks, hosting a lot of sketchy websites spamming my servers for years in Russian and Ukranian language. Doing NOTHING with abuse notifications.

ALL of these mails redirect to MT’s nameservers.