Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speed question 1.2MB weight page
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Speed question 1.2MB weight page

Which is the reasonable time for charge 1.2mb page under normal line pc internet speed I mean 20-50 megas speed now in October 2018? ( dynamic+static page ) a good DS machine

Which is the reasonable
  1. Under 3 sec26 votes
    1. Under 2 sec
      34.62%
    2. Under 1 sec
      23.08%
    3. under 0.8 sec
        7.69%
    4. Under 0.6 sec
        3.85%
    5. Under 0.5 sec or less
      30.77%

Comments

• It will take as long as it takes.

on 16k you will have download of ~ 1.6 MB.
    Calc it yourself.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited October 2018

1.2MB is too much, optimize it. It's a web page, not a window inside one's soul.

I love when i see a small, simple, dynamically generated web page, gzipped inside less than 1480B frame. I consider minimalism the pinnacle of web design.

Thanked by 1pullangcubo
  • @Timtimo13 said:
    It will take as long as it takes.

on 16k you will have download of ~ 1.6 MB.
    Calc it yourself.

thank you but i do not get the 16K what that means ?

• @Janevski said:
    1.2MB is too much, optimize it. It's a web page, not a window inside one's soul.

I love when i see a small, simple, dynamically generated web page, gzipped inside less than 1480B frame. I consider minimalism the pinnacle of web design.

it is quiet optimized the main reason is the fact that it needs images , etc . and part of the page is eshop so basically images are needed

• AlyssaDAlyssaD Member
    edited October 2018

Your assumptions are wrong. It is not common for 20 to 50 Mbps in 2018. However, it is likely going to load in about 3 to 5 seconds. Assuming there is multiple requests.

• Optimise with Notepad++ for a dial-up modem => zero bloat.

• @AlyssaD said:
    Your assumptions are wrong. It is not common for 20 to 50 Mbps in 2018. However, it is likely going to load in about 3 to 5 seconds. Assuming there is multiple requests.

Yes i am partially agree with you . At least in Europe , North America 20-50 MBps are quiet common speed for desktops . I have a website which pages has a regular 1.2mb weight and it charges far less from 3-5 seconds .

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Optimise with Notepad++ for a dial-up modem => zero bloat.

i do not get it . :(

• No, 1.2MB is not normal nor optimized and I can assume you don't have mobile version. More and more people and browsing thru phones on 3G/4G/LTE, this is a total no-go.
    Can you show us the website we are talking about?

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

Thanked by 2mfs AlwaysSkint