Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Virtono Review : A decent host with affordable pricing
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Virtono Review : A decent host with affordable pricing

MridulMridul Member
edited October 2018 in Reviews

Short Version :

After being with Virtono for over two weeks, I can say that so far their service has been great - friendly and professional. They offer servers in US and EU and have several decent locations like United States, UK, NL and Romania.

Long Version :

1. Background :

Virtono recently offered a Free VPS for Evaluation and Review. I was lucky to get hands on 4GB RAM, OpenVZ VPS ( Large Plan ).

I'm not new to the VPS world, even if I'm not the industry guru, having been with a variety of hosting companies. I needed a reliable host to replace my old VPS, and the equivalent replacement was an affordable/budget host and after trying several VPS providers, decided to try Virtono.

I thought I'd wait a few weeks/months before writing a review, so here I am.

1.2 My Server Configuration :

- 100 GB SSD
- 4 Core Processor
- 4 GB Memory ( 8GB RAM burst )
- 1 Gbps Connection
- 5 TB Bandwidth
  1. Signing Up :

The signup process was relatively easy. They seemed pretty easy going but professional, and my services were activated quite quickly.

1. Server Performance :

3.1 Core Performance: Performance on average is good, with manageable load levels. even though its an OpenVZ , its quite responsive.

3.2 DD Tests :

3.2.1 One gigabyte was written for the test, first with the cache activated (hdparm -W1 /dev/sda):

[root@mridul ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.4928 s, 719 MB/s
You have new mail in /var/spool/mail/root

3.2.2 Then, with the cache deactivated (hdparm -W0 /dev/sda):

[root@mridul ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=/root/testfile bs=1G count=1 oflag=direct
1+0 records in
1+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.70361 s, 630 MB/s

3.2.3 Bandwidth: Overall, bandwidth is great! It's hard to measure bandwidth sometimes because of many varying factors, but I did so by transferring large blocks of data from various sources from big websites, other VPSs, CDNs, etc, and overall the bandwidth is great.

1. Control Panel - Virtualizor : No surprise here, and the basics are there. Reboot, root password, re-provision, stats, etc. The Panel is fairly easy to work with. Its Fast and very Responsive.

4.1 Various OS Choices are there :

4.2 You can Also Install several Control Panels instantly :

1. Support :

Support, needed mostly when you have PROBLEMS! There are always issues beyond your control for any number of reasons. I have had a few requests related to my VPS and the were resolved very quickly.

Knowledge base / Tutorials : It's great it's there. There's a bunch of information that would be useful to people, especially the tutorials located at :

https://www.virtono.com/community/category/internet-and-technology-news/

1. Uptime :

I'll be totally honest here, my services do not require 100% uptime so I don't monitor my VPS every 5 minutes. Every time I required my server though, whether web, SSH, etc, it was available and running. \

1. Conclusion :

If not already obvious, Virtono is plenty reliable and their service is top notch. They have a good Team and that's always a benefit because you get to deal with real people personally, and not just automatic/canned responses. Their service has been fast and reliable and overall: Recommended.

I'll be reporting this to verify this review and hope it helps others find a decent host as well. Whatever the case... Goodluck to all.

Their Strong Points :

• All demands where nicely handled by their support team.
  • They exceeded their obligations providing free support for things outside TOS..
  • Fair money for the CPU/RAM you get.

Comments

• looking at the signature

if you are recommending HVH I don't know if your other recommendations are as good. HVH is on it's own level of shit.

Thanked by 2doghouch vimalware
  • @Yura said:
    looking at the signature

if you are recommending HVH I don't know if your other recommendations are as good. HVH is on it's own level of shit.

Well, HVH used to be good atleast when Ernie was there. Since I rarely need support, I'd say they are okey for their Hardware/Network and Price.

Thanked by 1rdpground
  • Mridul said: Short Version:

Are you from those who get a free VPS from them for write review? Nice find. :blush: