Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PSA: Avoid 365NAP. Yet another Joshua Prout Scam - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PSA: Avoid 365NAP. Yet another Joshua Prout Scam

Comments

• You know gators are basically a garbage disposal

• Well, I am tired of fighting with african employment scams. They probably collaborate with such Johuas, since they collect money from WU locally in the US.

I've investigated a lot of schemes from Cameroon. People saved a lot of money, especially from England (why the heck they want to immigrate to the US or Canada, have no idea, the UK is the best country). Despite the fact, these scammers are targeting low-income people like drivers, nurses, workers, gardeners and so on, well, highly skilled professionals get scammed the same way.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2018

And the twitter account now gone:
    https://twitter.com/TA_DataCenters

Edit: Nvm, that isn't the same one. I think he had that one and deleted it before making TADataCenter.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • TA_Da your hardware is gone.

• @Ho-ost said:
    TA_Da your hardware is gone.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@Cryptonite any progress/luck getting the hw?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I will just put this here, happy to remove later, if this apparent 'company' wants to stop being slippery, it seems likely that @UnmeteredPlus is Prout or is working with Prout or is trying to pull something similar to Prout.

Thanked by 1UnmeteredPlus
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I will just put this here, happy to remove later, if this apparent 'company' wants to stop being slippery, it seems likely that @UnmeteredPlus is Prout or is working with Prout or is trying to pull something similar to Prout.

Hahahahahahaha! Anthony! Man you're the best.

Sure thing, thanks for the tag.

• I read the PSA in the title as Prostate-specific antigen. Every. Single. Time.

Wondering what that PSA refers to.

Thanked by 3MasonR eol imok
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@bugrakoc said:
    I read the PSA in the title as Prostate-specific antigen. Every. Single. Time.

Wondering what that PSA refers to.

Lol. Public service announcement

Thanked by 2bugrakoc mishagupta
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any updates?

• That makes sense.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited December 2018

Can someone confirm or deny that this is not related to him?
    https://interconnx.net/

Someone dropped me that on Discord, it seems a bit fishy.
    No direct order url and stuff...

• @Neoon said:
    Someone dropped me that on Discord, it seems a bit fishy.
    No direct order url and stuff...

Same people on the contact page as on Transitamericas WHOIS as well... this smells.

Domain name: transitamerica.net
    Registry Domain ID: 2288492170_DOMAIN_NET-VRSN
    Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.namecheap.com
    Registrar URL: http://www.namecheap.com
    Updated Date: 2018-07-21T20:40:25.00Z
    Creation Date: 2018-07-21T20:40:25.00Z
    Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-07-21T20:40:25.00Z
    Registrar: NAMECHEAP INC
    Registrar IANA ID: 1068
    Registrar Abuse Contact Email: [email protected]
    Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.6613102107
    Reseller: NAMECHEAP INC
    Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
    Registry Registrant ID:
    Registrant Name: Katrina Roberts
    Registrant Organization: Transit America Data Center
    Registrant Street: 1415 Louisiana St STE 003
    Registrant City: Houston
    Registrant State/Province: TX
    Registrant Postal Code: 77002
    Registrant Country: US
    Registrant Phone: +1.7139093193
    Registrant Phone Ext: 1
    Registrant Fax:
    Registrant Fax Ext:
    Registrant Email: [email protected]

• Are all Houston host thrown under the assumption of this guy? I have a dedi with them now for a month no problem.

• @HashTag said:
    Are all Houston host thrown under the assumption of this guy? I have a dedi with them now for a month no problem.

How could you have had a server there when the domain was registered like less than a month ago? Btw, hey Joshua.

Thanked by 1kisst
  • HashTagHashTag Member
    edited December 2018

@Prime404 said:

@HashTag said:
    Are all Houston host thrown under the assumption of this guy? I have a dedi with them now for a month no problem.

How could you have had a server there when the domain was registered like less than a month ago? Btw, hey Joshua.

can show my details I have no reason to lie. I'm sorry that you suspect me to be him because I question your judgement.

https://imgur.com/a/xQyjuy8

• RhysRhys Member, Host Rep

@HashTag said:

@Prime404 said:

@HashTag said:

can show my details I have no reason to lie. I'm sorry that you suspect me to be him because I question your judgement.

Hey prout!

Thanked by 1kisst
  • @HashTag said:

@Prime404 said:

@HashTag said:

Funny how you avoided to answer the question, exactly what Joshua did in every single case.

Thanked by 1kisst
  • @HashTag said:

How nice that you remove the screenshot? Either way, got it mirrored lol

• @Prime404 said:

@HashTag said:

How nice that you remove the screenshot? Either way, got it mirrored lol

Uploaded the one with better view of my service.

• @zafouhar said:

@HashTag said:

@Prime404 said:

@HashTag said:

Funny how you avoided to answer the question, exactly what Joshua did in every single case.

I didn't avoid it I just showed my dedicated server registration date. Again I'm a member here as well as I can question the reputation of a host I use without being accused of stupidity.

• When in doubt it is probably Prout.

@HashTag said:

@Prime404 said:

@HashTag said:

https://imgur.com/a/xQyjuy8

No bandwidth use... Hm.

@HashTag said:

@zafouhar said:

@HashTag said:

@Prime404 said:

@HashTag said:

I didn't avoid it I just showed my dedicated server registration date. Again I'm a member here as well as I can question the reputation of a host I use without being accused of stupidity.

Its easy to change such details.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

when you have access to the admin panel , you can change any data of your own customer account

Thanked by 3zafouhar MikePT netomx
  • @hostdare said:
    when you have access to the admin panel , you can change any data of your own customer account

I was about to say the same as the second screenshot (https://i.imgur.com/ALvaXhr.png) doesn't look like something a customer would have access to

• Yes.

• Absolutely not.

Thanked by 1eol