Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudflare vs Combination of CF+keycdn
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudflare vs Combination of CF+keycdn

Hi everyone !
I have seen some topics about combination of cloudflare with another cache like keycdn or whatever . I have not tried it because i do not get the benefits of combine a ngine x ( CF) + CDN(kkeycdn ) + NgineX ( the vps /ds server ) . I mean too many layers . Do you think that could be beneficial such combination . if we are focused on speeds . At least in my opinion would be slower because adding a middle layer ( even paid middle layer ) . thank you

Comments

• YuraYura Member
    edited October 2018

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, ngine x adipiscing ( elit, sed do eiusmod tempor) ( ) Cloudflare ut much much et dolore magna aliqua. Ut help ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut Cf ex ea middle middle ) large ClownFlare. Duis aute irure server in confused in voluptate (velit esse cillum ( dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui CDN deserunt mollit anim id est words words.

• Not a judgement on the OP, but for this forum to be functional there does need to be a minimum amount of English comprehension.

• Set cache level = cache everything on cloudflare = Profit.

• @ricardo said:
    Not a judgement on the OP, but for this forum to be functional there does need to be a minimum amount of English comprehension.

If you had some of that comprehension you would understand him just fine.

• @Yura said:
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, ngine x adipiscing ( elit, sed do eiusmod tempor) ( ) Cloudflare ut much much et dolore magna aliqua. Ut help ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut Cf ex ea middle middle ) large ClownFlare. Duis aute irure server in confused in voluptate (velit esse cillum ( dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui CDN deserunt mollit anim id est words words.

Only because it was funny af.
    Here is google's translation of the above:

Lorem ipsum carrots, NGIN x undergraduate (soup, but do occaecat time) () Cloudflare that much much, and obesity. In order to help the years to come, who nostrud exercise, the school district may not work in the Middle Middle C) large ClownFlare. Duis cupidatat server in the confused, however, in the pleasure of (he wants to be Cille (no resultant et dolore magna flee. Cupidatat not excepteur Excepteur blinds are, that is, they are at fault, the souls of those who flatters with her words words: CDN deserted the general's.

Thanked by 1Yura
  • boxelderboxelder Member
    edited October 2018

小敏: 所代相我色,KeyCDN + 奇靜 NGINX. 起陸向大低的心!
    只學然國去館 Cloudflare?
    心引: 人未於影、制是己.
    小敏: 特我種黃 full site cache? 了個育以叫發義?
    心引:經了 full site cache +色系選議 TLS same domain.
    小敏: Cloudflare?
    心引: Cloudflare + KeyCDN. WordPress?
    小敏: 頭星夠環 VPS 許課你,所施信高行一 NGINX!
    心引: WordPress Full Site Cache for KeyCDN 內過頭?人。法好足們進就教良…… free SSL!
    小敏: 明取合前市資 不是 WordPress! 高時生水服進倒說 不是 WordPress!
    心引: 內雲直房課的年夜苦?KeyCDN push zone 整時中細. 是樹民且的會結人完 HTML!
    小敏: 負整 asia zones,會年聲的春得黑的 too expensive.
    心引: 裡會中全不得 free SSL!
    小敏: Free SSL? 干杯🍻!
    心引: 干杯🍻!

• @boxelder said:
    小敏: 所代相我色,KeyCDN + 奇靜 NGINX. 起陸向大低的心!

Please keep posts in English.

• edited October 2018

I reworded his post:

Hello, everyone!
    I have read about people using a combination of Cloudflare with another CDN like KeyCDN, or any other CDN for that matter. I don't understand the benefits of using a reverse proxy and CDN rather than just the webserver. Will this add too many hops for the traffic to go through? Could this setup make my website faster? I would think it is going to be slower because the CDN is going to add more hops (even a paid CDN). Thank you

Thanked by 1sibaper
  • vincitygialampark said: if we are focused on speeds

First of all, you do not need such schemes what you're using right now.
    Make your product much simpler, and remove all unnecessary components, leave only important software / logical things to your product.

You do not need KeyCDN and Cloudflare and another thing combined together. It will not make your site faster, it can make it slower, it can make your brain blow because of complexity, etc.

Just make sure that your dynamic content is smart cached, and static content of course too. Then pick any of CDN provider what you like (bunnycdn, keycdn, cloudflare, incapsula, whatever). And have fun.