Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cheapest dedicated 1gbps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cheapest dedicated 1gbps

RockfilesRockfiles Member
edited October 2018 in General

Cheapest dedicated server 1gbps,as title suggest.

To be in non-USA and NON-CANADA.with unlimited traffic.

Novadedi wasn't useful to make search so asking here.

Comments

• what is the purpose of using? Are you looking for DMCA ignored?

• @adroitssd said:
    what is the purpose of using? Are you looking for DMCA ignored?

Yes DMCA ignored,mostly for torrenting and nothing else.

• @Rockfiles said:

@adroitssd said:

If only torrenting why not use a fast VPN along with a 1gbps server?
    Or do you have other reason?

• @Actavus said:

@Rockfiles said:

@adroitssd said:

If only torrenting why not use a fast VPN along with a 1gbps server?
    Or do you have other reason?

Fast vpn where? On USA based server?
    If I can have direct server option then why using vpn service for extra cost.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

True dedicated bandwidth is never THAT cheap. Cheapest is like Hurricane Electric, which would probably still be about $300/m + cost of server.

• Hetzner, 1Gbps unmetered start at 20.17 EUR

• @randvegeta said:
    True dedicated bandwidth is never THAT cheap. Cheapest is like Hurricane Electric, which would probably still be about $300/m + cost of server.

I had a chat with sales,for couple of vps servers and they claim to give unmetered bandwidth @ true 1 gbps

• @Harud said:
    Hetzner, 1Gbps unmetered start at 20.17 EUR

Is that shared?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Rockfiles said:

@Harud said:

Is that shared?

Of course it is

Thanked by 1Dedispec
  • @Harud said:

But they are kinda strict on torrenting purposes and they do take DMCAs or abuse reports very seriously.

Thanked by 2Hetzner_OL pike
  • bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

What is your budget? Don't think that I am offering any services, but just interested how much you can spend on 1Gbps unlimited.

Thanked by 1randvegeta
    edited October 2018

Rockfiles said: I had a chat with sales,for couple of vps servers and they claim to give unmetered bandwidth @ true 1 gbps

unmetered bandwidth is not the same as dedicated bandwidth.

Rockfiles said: Is that shared?

without a doubt.

Honestly, even transit can be classified as 'shared'. If you buy 1G to 1 provider, it's not like they have a dedicated 1G line to every end point dedicated just for you. Unless you're getting a point to point leased line, every connection is somewhat shared. But at 20 EUR /month, for sure you are not getting a dedicated line. Not even close.

Realistically, a proper 1G connection should cost more like $500 - $1,000 in the western world, and $1,000 - $100,000 in places like Asia :-).

If you wanna 'avoid' DMCA, then you should probably stay out of EU too.

But don't expect to get DEDICATED 1G link for less than $300. Shared 1G? Sure no problem... you can probably find many people doing it for sub $100 /month.

Thanked by 1iSky
  • @bacloud said:
    What is your budget? Don't think that I am offering any services, but just interested how much you can spend on 1Gbps unlimited.

30-35 euros

• @randvegeta said:

Rockfiles said: I had a chat with sales,for couple of vps servers and they claim to give unmetered bandwidth @ true 1 gbps

without a doubt.

Honestly, even transit can be classified as 'shared'. If you buy 1G to 1 provider, it's not like they have a dedicated 1G line to every end point dedicated just for you. Unless you're getting a point to point leased line, every connection is somewhat shared. But at 20 EUR /month, for sure you are not getting a dedicated line. Not even close.

Realistically, a proper 1G connection should cost more like $500 - $1,000 in the western world, and $1,000 - $100,000 in places like Asia :-).

But don't expect to get DEDICATED 1G link for less than $300. Shared 1G? Sure no problem... you can probably find many people doing it for sub $100 /month.

May i ask what is the biggest backbone currently ? 100Tbps ? or more ?

about the one i bold, how much it will cost for SG 1Gbps dedicated one ?

iSky said: May i ask what is the biggest backbone currently ? 100Tbps ? or more ?

Not sure I understand your question. As far as I know, there is no equipment that can handle more than 400G. But I'm not even remotely familiar with this level of equipment or connections.

iSky said: about the one i bold, how much it will cost for SG 1Gbps dedicated one ?

You can get HE.net in SG and HK for under US$1k /month. I think in Equinix it's about $400 - $500, but that's before local loops and cross connect charged (if applicable). Realistically it will cost somewhere around $1k. I'm not all that familiar with SG pricing but I assume similar to HK, and the next cheapest would be Cogent, which would be roughly $2,000 /month. Telstra would be $3,000 - $4,000 /month.

The 100k price is with China Telecom and anyone who allows full speed to China Telecom :dizzy:

• @randvegeta said:

iSky said: May i ask what is the biggest backbone currently ? 100Tbps ? or more ?

Not sure I understand your question. As far as I know, there is no equipment that can handle more than 400G. But I'm not even remotely familiar with this level of equipment or connections.

iSky said: about the one i bold, how much it will cost for SG 1Gbps dedicated one ?

You can get HE.net in SG and HK for under US$1k /month. I think in Equinix it's about $400 - $500, but that's before local loops and cross connect charged (if applicable). Realistically it will cost somewhere around $1k. I'm not all that familiar with SG pricing but I assume similar to HK, and the next cheapest would be Cogent, which would be roughly $2,000 /month. Telstra would be $3,000 - $4,000 /month.

The 100k price is with China Telecom and anyone who allows full speed to China Telecom :dizzy:

yeah, maybe my question still confusing but thanks for the answering. What i mean is the INTERNET backbone network, i am really curious how many GBps can it transmit over right now.

• @Rockfiles Do you want unmetered connection or would fair-use policy be sufficient for your usage? If you want truly unmetered then your best bet is Hetzner Auction as they do not have bandwidth caps anymore and offer 1gbit/s unmetered on all their dedis.

• @Prime404 said:
    @Rockfiles Do you want unmetered connection or would fair-use policy be sufficient for your usage? If you want truly unmetered then your best bet is Hetzner Auction as they do not have bandwidth caps anymore and offer 1gbit/s unmetered on all their dedis.

20 TB will do or unmetered is my choice.Basically will be using for only private torrenting.

• @Rockfiles said:

@Prime404 said:
    @Rockfiles Do you want unmetered connection or would fair-use policy be sufficient for your usage? If you want truly unmetered then your best bet is Hetzner Auction as they do not have bandwidth caps anymore and offer 1gbit/s unmetered on all their dedis.

20 TB will do or unmetered is my choice.Basically will be using for only private torrenting.

Have a look at the cheaper boxes here, such as the Atom boxes:
    https://oneprovider.com/dedicated-servers-with-unmetered-bandwidth

Otherwise your best bet is Hetzner Auction.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited October 2018

@Rockfiles

You do realize that any real host with a brain isn't going to come here and make you an offer for this right? By doing so, it would index in Google their willingness to work with someone who is openly stating he intends to do illegal things on the server. No host wants to be indexed saying they support such. That is exactly why the thread turned into recommendations for Hetzner and Oneprovider -- Although I want to mention that Hetzner does take DMCA seriously and does not support the use case you are wanting and OneProvider is a shitty re-seller so while you may get away with it for a bit longer, once they get a DMCA from the provider they are reselling you can be sure they will come after you as well.

Additionally, if you read the rules of this forum, no host can even offer you what you are asking for, as 'Unlimited', is not something that is allowed to be offered here. Maybe you meant 'unmetered', which it seems others in this thread assumed, but if you had taken time to read our rules you would have known this from the start as well.

The best you're going to get now is a bunch of people trolling you, probably be more productive to just close this thread.

my 2 cents.

Cheers!

• OP, keep in mind that just because a host ignores DMCA doesn't mean anything. DMCA is an American law. Almost every country has their own copyright law.

Novogara (formerly Ecatel) and maybe dmzhost.co can probably work for you.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider

@Rockfiles said:

@bacloud said:

30-35 euros

And with this amount provider should provide 1Gbps unmetered/unlimited on 1Gbps port and ignore DMCA complaints?

Do you think, that if provider will get serious complaint, will they ignore it for just 30 - 35 euros? Best case scenario - they will kick from the network, worst case - your data will be leaked to complainers and you get serious issues.

1Gbps price, dedicated, may cost around $150 - $300 for providers, so how they can offer you 1Gbps dedicated for 35 euro, if traffic costs much more. And Where is hardware price, electricity expenses, infrastructure, taxes, profit?

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • @randvegeta said:

without a doubt.

In Indonesia 10Mbps dedicated line cost $400 / month

• that_guythat_guy Member
    edited October 2018

If its specifically for a seedbox, then go with a seedbox hoster.
    They are on the suitable networks, know your needs, don't rat out on you, set up the box for you etc.
    For your budget you just won't get a dedi with 1gbit unmetered. Unless they are reselling online.net or hetzner. And even then the 1gbit will be shared/oversold/fair use to some extent.
    You could also order diectly from them. But do not use hetzner for public trackers and both are not for racing because their networks aren't the best for that.

But you could get a powerfull seedbox account with a metered shared 10-20gbit uplink, usually shared IP, often built-in VPN and non-root SSH.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/seedboxes/new.
    See seedhost.eu, seedboxes.cc, ultraseedbox.com, swizzin.net, seedbox.io, bytesized-hosting.com.

Are you racing or longterm seeding?
    Private, public or both?
    How much space do you need?
    How much traffic do you REALISTICLY need?
    Do you need root access?
    Do you need a dedicated IP?

If you are seriously racing, you need to at least double your budget.
    If you are longterm seeding, 100mbit will be enough and a kimsufi would be a good choice in terms of network and storage per €.

• @randvegeta said:

Depends, are we talking a person going to X transit provider and buy a single 1G connection, or are we talking about X company going to X transit provider and buys a rather big amount of connectivity (because they can justify it) and then calculating the cost of a dedicated gigabit?

Because sure, single person going to ask for a 1 gig connection at a transit provider might be expensive, but a company going to buy let's say 500 gigabit of total network capacity across a few transit providers (to actually get a decent blend), your price per gigabit (which is dedicated ports) will end up being rather low.

Surely this company can then pass those costs onto their customers and actually sell dedicated gigabit ports rather cheap and still make a profit.

Thanked by 1BunnySpeed
  • Hetzner dedi + VPN. Has been working well.

• ovh is good choice.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited November 2018

Are you racing or longterm seeding?
    Private, public or both?
    How much space do you need?
    How much traffic do you REALISTICLY need?
    Do you need root access?
    Do you need a dedicated IP?

If you are seriously racing, you need to at least double your budget.
    If you are longterm seeding, 100mbit will be enough and a kimsufi would be a good choice in terms of network and storage per €.

Nowadays with these nonsense 'seedboxes', you're best off just following the herd.

Most of the herd uses providers that resell Leaseweb or online.net (and some OVH).

As for 'ignoring DMCA' -- most places ignore DMCA, since it is a US law. 'Ignore copyright laws' would be a more accurate statement. Any non third-world country would be foolish to entirely ignore the copyright laws in their country, but there are plenty that are slower or less strict in enforcing or deactivating accounts due to violations. Probably what you would want is one that 'ignores' the law in that they will simply request you remove some offending torrent. Online.net is good like this -- of course if you get violation after violation, they'd eventually give you the boot.

Just go with Oneprovider, the 2.5GBPS Netherlands or France location on an SSD are the best option. The Atom C2350 is too slow to get anything above 120MB/s or so, though. Also unfortunate is that apparently all the SSD's that they had on their Paris C2750 2.5GBPS have died, and they aren't replaced (so this, too, will max out at 110-140'ish). The Netherlands C2750 is available once in a while and is the best choice. It is shared bandwidth, yes ... but at least as of 6 months ago, online.net's network wasn't saturated.

The Atom C2750 or i3-530 in Paris, FR on oneprovider would probably be best for your purposes ($13/mo and $15/mo respectively). The SATA is fine for 1GBPS.

The current offerings on online.net itself are 9.99 euros min w/ a setup fee, and the CPUs are inferior.

(ed: absolute cheapest would be hetzner cloud. however, if you're doing some massive amount of torrenting, don't expect to retain your account at hetzner for very long -- on the bright side, you wouldn't lose much money if it's via the cloud services)

(ed2: 'dedicated' bandwidth is less important than you believe, probably. you aren't running some business website, after all. it may be more of an issue at these seedbox providers that heavily oversell and have some specific allotment. unlike some previous poster, i would advise staying away from these)

• zevuszevus Member
    edited November 2018

@Clouvider said:

@Rockfiles said:

@Harud said:

Is that shared?

Of course it is

bit misleading. yes, it is shared, but hetzner has a massive network, and thus they can safely "guarantee" the 1Gbps

I have used Hetzner for half a decade, and have never had a problem w/ network saturation and inability to hit (and maintain) speeds at their guarantee.

hetzner as a seedbox is a fail for a variety of reasons, though. some mentioned in earlier reply.