Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are apache error logs really important to fix?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Are apache error logs really important to fix?

folomfolom Member

If we get apache errors in logs ocassionaly then should they be always fixed?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Depends on error. Look at them, see what they are, and act accordingly.

• @deank said:
    Depends on error. Look at them, see what they are, and act accordingly.

i search them on google but they seem very confusing to fix. Answers are not clear. Its not like wordpress fixes

Then leave them be. You are incapable of dealing with it.

• @deank said:

yeah thats what i do . But the point of the question is: leaving them would cause issues or not?

I will say again: It depends.

• @folom said:

@deank said:

yeah thats what i do . But the point of the question is: leaving them would cause issues or not?

Post an example error your concerned about.
    Error can range from simple "woops single domain not working" to "everything is down"

• folomfolom Member
    edited October 2018

@Actavus said:

@folom said:

@deank said:

Post an example error your concerned about.
    Error can range from simple "woops single domain not working" to "everything is down"

Like these:

[proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 12315:tid 14*******48] [client 1******26:5****6] AH01071: Got error 'Primary script unknown\n'

AH00112: Warning: DocumentRoot [/home/admin/domains/sharedip] does not exist

[core:crit] [pid 153****:tid 140*******60] (13)Permission denied: [client 78.*******8:48832] AH00529: /home/admin/domains/.htaccess

[ssl:error] [pid 18860:tid 14*************4] [client 13******:35****] AH02042: rejecting client initiated renegotiation
     [allowmethods:error] [pid 6375:tid 1******152] [client 1***********331] AH01623: client method denied by server configuration: 'PROPFIND' to /home/admin/domains/sharedip

[Fri Oct 12 0********ssl:warn] [pid 16105:tid 1********4] AH01909: localhost:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
     [ssl:warn] [pid 16105:tid 1************4] AH01909: shared.domain:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name
     [ssl:warn] [pid 16105:tid 1***************] AH01909: www.example.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name

[lbmethod_heartbeat:notice] [pid 1*:tid **1401***********] AH02282: No slotmem from mod_heartmonitor

Was getting 'Primary script unknown\n''Primary script unknown\ 'Primary script unknown\n' errors a lot before now not getting it.

• c0dec0de Member
    edited October 2018

They're just warnings. You can ignore them.

What it says is that a folder, located in your home folder called domains/sharedip doesn't exist. You can create it with a file manager/FTP if you really want to, but you don't have to do that.

Also it appears that you don't have SSL setup for whatever domain is your server name. Only important if you want to encrypt your website

"Primary script unknown" is probably because you're not running custom CGI software

• I think @folom is colocrossing tier 3 support and he comes here to solve tickets

• If it works, don't fix it.

@OmgpleaseRead said:
    I think @folom is colocrossing tier 3 support and he comes here to solve tickets

And, at last, the truth is out.

• I'd at least silence them if you're not going to fix them. Those logs typically get made roughly in line with how much traffic you get, so if you get a lot of traffic, you'll get a lot of useless logs. In more extreme situations this can lead to running out of space and problems coming up

• The mismatched certificate should be easy enough to correct/replace.

• I would look at [core:crit] first.

• jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@MGarbis said:
    I would look at [core:crit] first.

Yes. Obviously.

@folom

If you ask for help always provide some basic info, things like apache version, panel type and version (if any is used), OS type and version, etc.

One of your problems seems to be with rights not being properly set. To fix that first find out the user apache is running as (ps axo user,command | grep apache). Then do chown -R XYZ /home/admin/domains/ where XYZ represents the name found in the first step (most probably something like "www").