Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance shit - Can lowendtalk admin step in?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance shit - Can lowendtalk admin step in?

ChuckChuck Member
edited October 2018 in Reviews

Stay away from this garbage company. I paid for 3 years because they offer "Double Resource".

After 5 months, My VPS mostly idle. I only used it to test stuffs. Today when I login my account to test stuff. It showed status canceled. These scam artists are very smart. They waited 120 days which is the timeframes of PayPal chargeback.

hiformance-vps-canceled

These asshole didn't even send cancellation email. No explanation whatsoever.
You can see here that no ticket about issues. No warning. Fuck HiFormance. Fuck Mr Mrs Kyle.

hiformance-vps-cancelled

Can lowendtalk admin step in? I only had the VPS for 5 months which I already paid for 3 years. I couldn't charge back because it was over 120 days. In fact, you posted their offer: October 10, 2018

https://lowendbox.com/blog/hiformance-2gb-kvm-w-75gb-hdd-space-starting-at-5-mo-and-more/#comment-1114688

Thanked by 1lowenduser4531

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

You fell for a classic scam. You bought a 3-year hosting plan.

Blame yourself, sadly.

• I repeat I didn't get their email why my VPS got canceled. I didn't get any warning email. Nothing.

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited October 2018

Why would they? They were going to cut you off.

Did Delimiter give reasons to those who they cut off after their purchases were outside of Paypal dispute? Not really.

Thanked by 1NobodyInteresting
  • Er, isn't the time frame for a PP dispute 180 days?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

Theyre a house brand.

The admins have already shown that if you sell their servers, you get free run of the websites, no matter the rules.

Francisco

• Who are Mr and Mrs Kyle?

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited October 2018

@Kiwi83 said:
    Who are Mr and Mrs Kyle?

October 10, 2018 @ 2:00 pm

Kyle is back from HiFormance with some additional offers for us. These offers are available in various locations and includes a “double resources” deal if you pre-pay, more details below!

Here’s a note from the company

“We are excited to bring another unbeatable offer to the LowEndBox community! It continues to be an amazing year for us as we continuously grow exponentially. Thank you to all of our customers, supporters, communities, and affiliates for making this happen.

Our very special, limited stock available! Pre-pay 3 years to double ALL your resources! That’s right, double ALL, CPU, Memory, HDD & Bandwidth! “

Here’s the offers:

** 1 Year Prepay: Double 1 Resource FREE **
    ** 3 Year Prepay: Double ALL Resources FREE **

• I guess they cancelled my VPS because they need extra space to sell their new offer? What a bunch of scam artist shitholes.

Thanked by 1Janevski
  • @Chuck said:
    I guess they cancelled my VPS because they need extra space to sell their new offer? What a bunch of scam artist shitholes.

Mine went offline either. Hahahaha finally the day comes.

• #meh nah Admins are powerless

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @Chuck said:
    Stay away from this garbage company. I paid for 3 years because they offer "Double Resource".

After 5 months, My VPS mostly idle. I only used it to test stuffs. Today when I login my account to test stuff. It showed status canceled. These scam artists are very smart. They waited 120 days which is the timeframes of PayPal chargeback.

hiformance-vps-canceled

You can see here that no ticket about issues. No warning. Fuck HiFormance. Fuck Mr Mrs Kyle.

hiformance-vps-cancelled

Can lowendtalk admin step in? I only had the VPS for 5 months which I already paid for 3 years. I couldn't charge back because it was over 120 days. In fact, you posted their offer: October 10, 2018

https://lowendbox.com/blog/hiformance-2gb-kvm-w-75gb-hdd-space-starting-at-5-mo-and-more/#comment-1114688

LET and LEB are different.

• @chocolateshirt said:

@Chuck said:

hiformance-vps-canceled

hiformance-vps-cancelled

LET and LEB are different.

They are brother and sister, they are both owned by ColoCrossing/Deluxe

• h2oh2o Member

I've a same one on May and it was closed after a month. They recreated a new one for me but without any explaination. Have you try to open a ticket?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    1. You have 180 days not 120.

2. If you call PayPal you will find you have longer again if it's a true scam.

3. The Admins can't do anything, this company is supported by colo crossings the owners of LEB/LET so they are the real Admins/puppet masters, why would they help you hurt themselves?

Sorry, call PayPal or suck it up, if you call do not get emotional say you paid for 3 years of service, without any notice they cancelled your service after 3 months and they are not communicating with you at all and you suspect you are a victim of fraud.

Tl;dr do not buy from CC brands.

• Thanks for the heads up. I'd read reviews that performance was bad due to extreme overselling but this is next level.

• ehabehab Member
    edited October 2018

call paypal like what Anthony said...

we should quote warnings when a new provider offers a longer prepay plan. Max should be 1 year. I think in this digital world a 0 or 1 only works.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

ehab said: we should quote warnings when a new provider offers a longer prepay plan. Max should be 1 year. I think in this digital world a 0 or 1 only works.

You're skipping over a key point.

The brand is an inhouse brand, meaning it's in CC's best interest to let them sell whatever they want to keep the lights on.

The brand has less than a year of operating time, yet is doing 3 year deals on a 100% leased company. They own none of their infrastructure. Under any other site administrator they wouldn't be allowed to even offer a 1 year deal because they haven't proved themselves, nevermind 3 years.

For all of 2018, they've replied to a single question in all of their LEB offerings, and that was to nodeping about IPV6. The only other reply in all of 2018 was them thanking the admins for the posting.

In the slim chance this isn't an actual front, it'll be another vortexnode.

Francisco

Thanked by 3kkrajk theyeti Daniel15
  • understood, from now and on, from my side i will try to comment on such facts. This wont stop new buyers but its a just a stone on the road.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2018

I really don't get why we all still hang around here in this ColoCrossing shit hole. Can this behavior get explained with the "3 legged dog" paradox?

LET/LEB is so rotten that it hurts. It has never been the cleanest place on the internet. There was always some poop on the wall. But this forum is covered with shit in the meantime...

• CConnerCConner Member, Host Rep

Time we moved over to another forum to be honest.

• oky, what/where is the other forum?

• LeeLee Veteran

As others have said, get on to Paypal and explain what has happened, it won't take too many people to get in touch with them about something like this and there goes their PP account.

At this stage people must stop buying from any brand owned by or connected to ColoCrossing.

Any advert on LET/LEB needs to have people posting that it is a CC owned or operated from CC brand and caution should be used due to the risk involved.

The message will either get out or they will start deleting those posts but the message will still get out.

Other than than, never sign up for anything more than 12 months and only where the brand has a proven reputation for delivering.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@CConner said:

I agree, i'm seeing so many providers here who don't even have their company address on their website, even their domain has domain privacy enabled, most of them i think are even not a registered company.

Even created a thread in Provider Only section, but admin not interested in responding, even tagged the admin

• Anytime someone posts an offer, it should be mentioned if it's ColoCrossing (or some other provider) behind that specific retailer. This way clients will be more informed about who sells what.

• @CConner said:

I think there are already other forums, especially one like this. It does not feel right to advertise other boards on this forum, but I love VPS offers advertisements though.

• Not hard to replicate surely, for anyone who really wants to make a stand on the matter.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ricardo said: Not hard to replicate surely, for anyone who really wants to make a stand on the matter.

It would be a bit of a 'history repeating' type scenario if I did it but for anyone interested the lowendspirit.com domain can be made use of, the main site is essentially no use at this point and the forum is hardly used.

• if providers can be asked to post offers in lowendspirit then so be it. I will write to a couple i had pms with in the past.

Thanked by 1letbox
  • HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

@AnthonySmith said:

ricardo said: Not hard to replicate surely, for anyone who really wants to make a stand on the matter.

It would be a bit of a 'history repeating' type scenario if I did it but for anyone interested the lowendspirit.com domain can be made use of, the main site is essentially no use at this point and the forum is hardly used.

You need to increase the price barrier a bit, something similar to this forum

• LeeLee Veteran

Meh, change forum, start a new one. How many more times is that going to be tried...

If people can't stop themselves from making poor purchasing choices due to being bound entirely to pricing and blinkered by everything else then how is a new forum going to help that? All they will do is continue to visit LET for their offers, nothing will change in that regard.