Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anybody with a BHS Kimsufi KS-4C $10/mo promo server willing to rent to me at cost?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anybody with a BHS Kimsufi KS-4C $10/mo promo server willing to rent to me at cost?

I know this is a long shot but not signing up for that deal has been one of my biggest regrets. I'm a full time student and money is tight so you'd be helping me a lot. Cheers

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

It's not $10/mo, it is 9.99 EUR/mo currently ($11.58 + VAT, if any).

• 7$

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2018

@cptv: Better to try to get the price right. If you mean

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/141416/kimsufi-flash-sale-ks-4c-2017-12-99-now/p1

then it costs €12,99/m + VAT (the setup fee was €9,99).

If you have €12,99/m + VAT to spend, then just get your own server somewhere.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@angstrom said:

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/141416/kimsufi-flash-sale-ks-4c-2017-12-99-now/p1

Thats incorrect sir.

The machine is 11.99EUR + VAT, was before 10.99EUR after the price was increased by 1 EUR.

Also, Since he ask for BHS, OVH sold KS4C for the price of a KS3C, so basically 8.99EUR month, which is now 9.99EUR a month + VAT.

Thanked by 1cptv
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited October 2018

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

Thats incorrect sir.

The machine is 11.99EUR + VAT, was before 10.99EUR after the price was increased by 1 EUR.

Also, Since he ask for BHS, OVH sold KS4C for the price of a KS3C, so basically 8.99EUR month, which is now 9.99EUR a month + VAT.

Okay, so you're saying that the OP meant a different flash sale (not the one that I linked to). Fine. :smile:

But he still got the price wrong (€10,99 + VAT --> €11,99 + VAT), so not $10.

• @Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

Thats incorrect sir.

@Neoon That's exactly the flash sale I was referring to. I'd probably been checking LET for a month at that point and assumed it'd get cheaper as time went on. Boy was I wrong. Just out of curiosity- when did they increase the price on those customers from 8.99EUR to 9.99EUR? I always assumed sale prices were locked in for life.

• The €1 increase is part of the OVH DDoS protection roll out.

Thanked by 1cptv
  • @angstrom said:

@Neoon said:

@angstrom said:

Thats incorrect sir.

Okay, so you're saying that the OP meant a different flash sale (not the one that I linked to). Fine. :smile:

But he still got the price wrong (€10,99 + VAT --> €11,99 + VAT), so not $10.

@Neoon: Maybe I misunderstood what you were saying about which server the OP was talking about. (No need to clarify!)

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Misunderstanding is what starts love.

Thanked by 1cptv
  • @angstrom said:

Any suggestions? Tbh my only requirements are North America and an Intel Quicksync enabled processor (most i3/i5 Sandybridge and beyond).

@saibal said:
    The €1 increase is part of the OVH DDoS protection roll out.

Ah that makes sense. Thanks for the info! Will definitely help me put future sales into perspective.

@deank said:
    Misunderstanding is what starts love.

<3

• @cptv said: @angstrom said:

Any suggestions? Tbh my only requirements are North America and an Intel Quicksync enabled processor (most i3/i5 Sandybridge and beyond).

Would gladly advise if I had some suggestions ready but unfortunately I don't. :neutral: There are many others here who are more familiar with the low-end dedi market, but I suspect that you may have to increase your budget a bit.

Thanked by 1cptv
  • That promo was for KS3C not KS4C, people were lucky and got 4C instead 3C. I think that promo happened about 2 years ago and it never happened again after that ?

Thanked by 2angstrom cptv
  • Once in mid 2016 and then in early 2017.

Thanked by 1cptv

I would consider renting mine, but not to a new forum member. And mine is in RBX, not BHS.

Thanked by 1cptv
  • nonissuenonissue Member
    edited October 2018

@rm_ said:
    I would consider renting mine, but not to a new forum member. And mine is in RBX, not BHS.

haha so you aren't willing to do it, and you don't have what he wants. why respond at all? 🤔

I have a KS-3C @ 13 CAD a month that I've been thinking about cancelling. If you're interested let me know.

Thanked by 2imok cptv
    edited October 2018

you aren't willing to do it, and you don't have what he wants. why respond at all?

You must be new at forums if you think that each thread must serve only its author's purpose and nothing else. Nothing wrong with discussing something closely related, even if the author doesn't benefit from that directly.

• nonissuenonissue Member
    edited October 2018

@rm_ said:

you aren't willing to do it, and you don't have what he wants. why respond at all?

You must be new at forums if you think that each thread must serve only its author's purpose and nothing else. Nothing wrong with discussing something closely related, even if the author doesn't benefit from that directly.

nah im not new at forums. it's definitely bad etiquette in my opinion, and largely a waste of everyone's time, but whatever, it doesn't really matter.

• @nonissue said:

@rm_ said:

nah im not new at forums. it's definitely bad etiquette in my opinion, and largely a waste of everyone's time, but whatever, it doesn't really matter.

I'd consider it a nonissue, myself.

• @rm_ said:

No worries. I'm sure you'll find someone here who'd appreciate the offer.

@nonissue said:
    I have a KS-3C @ 13 CAD a month that I've been thinking about cancelling. If you're interested let me know.

I'm definitely interested. Will shoot you a DM, thanks!