Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostNIT Spam?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostNIT Spam?

Anyone else get this?

Comments

• edited October 2013

While the domain ( hostnit.com ) is authorized, the other domain ( web-h.ca ) is not authorized, to be using WHMCS.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

hacked. probably.

• @Saiku said:
    hacked. probably.

Welp.

Figured out they acquired SilverKnight that I had service with, and ofc. they acquired PremiumVM too.

Hopefully not hacked and just some admin gone wild..

• I received this email as well and immediately ran a whmcs check it said the domain was unauthorized to use whmcs.

• they ran a follow up email saying "their database needs fixed"...

• @ihatetonyy were you a customer of PremiumVM or any other company they aquired?

• LeeLee Veteran

As they just bought PremiumVM maybe it's that database they are getting your info from.

• Yeah, I was a customer with Silver Knight.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

woah hang on, silver night is gone already? damn that was fast, how long did they last, about 2 months?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    woah hang on, silver night is gone already? damn that was fast, how long did they last, about 2 months?

They lasted a lot longer than that. They were Ruby Ring Tech/Just295 and then renamed to SKT.

Looks like they sold off their hosting operations to focus on streaming media CDN.

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited October 2013

@AnthonySmith said:

You mixed up something :) silverknighttech.com name was in use almost year and half and by the way owner's name was also Anthony :P I remember them listed at LEB under Ruby Ring Technologies name 3 years or so ago then as Just295 like @ihatetonyy said and finally consolidated everything under silverknighttech.com brand.
    If I am correct they never closed doors in those years, just rebranded.

edit
    Just found short explanation why rebranding:

As far as the rebrand, long and short, some internal owners being release forced us to change names. Trust me it sucks to loose a 5 year old company/domain with no negitive publicity.
    http://lowendbox.com/blog/silverknighttech-4-95-256mb-openvz-vps-in-las-vegas-2/#comment-68835

• BrianHarrisonBrianHarrison Member, Patron Provider

@Saiku said:
    hacked. probably.

Seems most likely. That e-mail is worded very poorly...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@Spirit said:

Ah ok :)

• SaikuSaiku Member, Host Rep

http://prntscr.com/1z3lyb

Seems like they did ;(

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2013

my VPS is unaffected... but just received an email saying "Billing & Support Database Compromised", it's too long to copy and paste, it seems they were affected by the latest WHMCS bug.

Apparently whoever hacked their DB started issuing refunds. Bit pathetic really, as it's probably another provider, probably one that considers themselves "better".

• I was with PremiumVM too, and got both the spam and the notice that the database had been compromised.

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2013

PremiumVM clients will hear more shortly.