Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is my site up?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Is my site up?

About a month ago I signed up for a low cost service. All provisioned and so I set it up from my base within China. Next morning I remembered I usually run a VPN - and when I turned it off, the site was inaccessible in China. It happens and I don't blame the provider so I fronted up $3 to change my IP address with no guarantees the new one won't be blocked.
The new address is 23.94.233.95 and I can not access it at all with a web browser, VPN or no VPN. I can ping it, even ssh onto it and see the file system is intact but a web browser - from any phone or computer I try - redirects me to the old IP of http://23.94.232.27/.
The ticket has gone through various iterations of " we can ping it" but don't seem to address my concern - no browser access.
Is it all my fault? Am I cached somewhere? How can a pingable host be down for a browser?

Comments

• I'm not clicking that link

• It redirects us to 23.94.232.27

• Thanks. Sure now my provider has cocked up somewhere and no done the redirection properly.

• @steerpike said:
    Thanks. Sure now my provider has cocked up somewhere and no done the redirection properly.

maybe you cocked yourself and wasting everyone else's time? Is it managed service? the site is obviously up if you can connect to it. http redirect means nothing.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

There's Apache running on xx.xx.xxx.95 giving a 303 to xx.xx.xxx.27, something you could easily check with cURL; xx.xx.xxx.27 refuses then the connection on port 80.
    I don't think it's your provider's task to manage Apache for you, unless you paid him for that.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

It's down.

• lol you're a retard

Thanked by 1dmtr
  • eeeeee Member

It's down for me

• It's Australian to me.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • let me guess.... this is 'Hiformance' ?

• It is loading some Alien page for me.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Yura said: It's Australian to me.

2nd best comment 2018 hahaha

Thanked by 1Yura
  • steerpike said: Is it all my fault?

Yes.

• Tumbleguy1Tumbleguy1 Member
    edited October 2018

Firewall firewall firewall
    Allow allow allow
    Allow me to accept incoming connection on port x ... Dear admin please do me a correct config and don't troll my address ..my subnet, Garraway, DNS are getting disappointed. Please admin. Grandpa Google has all the news about the sickness I have. Please please please admin.

• @Yura said:
    I'm not clicking that link

Same.