Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

KVM VPS for Mikrotik CHR yearly plan 10-15$
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

KVM VPS for Mikrotik CHR yearly plan 10-15$

T_AbrahamT_Abraham Member
edited October 2018 in Requests

Hi, I am looking for KVM based VPS in Europe data center to host my Mikrotik CHR with a yearly payment of 10-15$

Minimum Requirements
1GB SSD
512MB RAM
1vCore @ 3+ GHz or 1+ GHz dedicated core
30GB monthly bandwidth
500MB+ Downlink/Uplink Bandwidth Shared
99% uptime
Trustworthy so that I can avail the services for long term like 3-5 years

Any kind of suggestions are welcomed

Currently I am using Vultr 3.5$ per month plan which is a bit overkill and expensive for me.

Comments

• serverhub

• serverhub is expensive compared to Vultr plans...

• @T_Abraham said:
    serverhub is expensive compared to Vultr plans...

they are do great job

• @mailinabox said:

@T_Abraham said:
    serverhub is expensive compared to Vultr plans...

they are do great job

Are you a representative of the firm? If so can you please offer me with something related to my requirements?

• @T_Abraham said:
    300GB monthly bandwidth
    500GB+ Uplink Bandwidth Shared

wat?

Thanked by 1T_Abraham
  • @AMXRT said:

@T_Abraham said:
    300GB monthly bandwidth
    500GB+ Uplink Bandwidth Shared

wat?

Opps sorry my bad... its

30GB monthly bandwidth
    500MB+ Uplink Bandwidth Shared

• I think the Aruba cloud of 1€/month suits your budget, I've got one for 6 months now and it works wonders.

Thanked by 1T_Abraham
  • @maqbeq said:
    I think the Aruba cloud of 1€/month suits your budget, I've got one for 6 months now and it works wonders.

The problem is that they assign random data center for the 1€ plan and if I select to choose the data center the plan goes up to 3€ round

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

+1 for VMHaus

I am running my CHR on their smallest yearly 256MB plan. It comes with 1TB of great Clouvider network and as a bonus you can request free BGP sessions if you have your own ASN and IP subnets which is pretty neat on a CHR. Unfortunately their support is currently very busy, waiting times of more than a week for a reply. There is also no CHR image out of the box, so I installed a Debian, mounted filesystems read-only and then wrote the CHR image with dd onto the virtual harddisk. So far that's my best guess for virtual routing gear.

• @dfroe said:
    +1 for VMHaus

I am running my CHR on their smallest yearly 256MB plan. It comes with 1TB of great Clouvider network and as a bonus you can request free BGP sessions if you have your own ASN and IP subnets which is pretty neat on a CHR. Unfortunately their support is currently very busy, waiting times of more than a week for a reply. There is also no CHR image out of the box, so I installed a Debian, mounted filesystems read-only and then wrote the CHR image with dd onto the virtual harddisk. So far that's my best guess for virtual routing gear.

Thanks for the information... How is their cpu quality? I will be using user-manager which needs a single core kick only during bootup...
    Also in Europe they got on UK server right?

• dfroedfroe Member, Host Rep

@T_Abraham said:
    Thanks for the information... How is their cpu quality? I will be using user-manager which needs a single core kick only during bootup...
    Also in Europe they got on UK server right?

You may scroll a bit through VMHaus offers here on LET. There you'll find some more detailed information about their network, host nodes, etc.

I myself aren't using user-manager but never noticed any cpu/ssd bottlenecks so far. Receiving and processing full BGP feeds works fine and quick.

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep

We have Mikrotik ready to run but are a bit out of your Budget. Free BGP Session is possible as well.

• @FR_Michael said:
    We have Mikrotik ready to run but are a bit out of your Budget. Free BGP Session is possible as well.

What’s the best you can offer?

• First-RootFirst-Root Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2018

www.first-root.com -> kvm power light for 2€/ month or 23.04€/ year without vat. And we don't need 2 weeks for bgp filter adjustments ;)

We will also raise traffic limits within the next days for new and old customers, just waiting that our new Juniper edge router arrives so we can connect 3 new bgp upstreams.

Thanked by 1vimalware