Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do not ever deal with a LIFE TIME DEAL.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Do not ever deal with a LIFE TIME DEAL.

yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
edited October 2018 in General

It's a con.

Thanked by 1Janevski

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Everything is a con when you choose to view it through the lens that makes it so. Lifetime deal both makes logical sense and sets proper expectations when defined as “for the lifetime of the product/service.”

Anyone expecting to pass on that $30 lifetime vpn to their grandchildren deserves to be conned.

Thanked by 1CatDog
  • Life is a lifetime deal...

And we need to make the most of it, so... 7$.

• The end is nigh

• @yongsiklee said:
    It's a con.

Would you tell the story behind this epiphany?

• yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2018

@Oseri said:

@yongsiklee said:
    It's a con.

Would you tell the story behind this epiphany?

Lifetime deal is a con in that the user on the deal more than often (better)survives the deal provider.

• Idk, I purchased a "lifetime" VPN for $30 and it has been working for > 2 years. So if "the end is nigh", it's ok for me :-)

Thanked by 2inklight CatDog
  • I give you Unlimited butthurt for one dollah.

• Thanked by 1default
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited October 2018

I have a couple VPN lifetime deals since 2-3 years now already. Do I expect any of these going down soon? No. Would I mind for the price that I paid? No. It was always to be considered in regard to the product lifetime from my side.

• @jar said:
    Everything is a con when you choose to view it through the lens that makes it so. Lifetime deal both makes logical sense and sets proper expectations when defined as “for the lifetime of the product/service.”

Anyone expecting to pass on that $30 lifetime vpn to their grandchildren deserves to be conned.

I bought the Windscribe Lifetime package. I figured if I get 1 year it was fair, starting year 3 now, so I am ahead.

Thanked by 1CatDog
  • yongsikleeyongsiklee Member, Patron Provider

It's good to know there are lots of people who are benefiting from lifetime deals.
    Maybe it's me who was not lucked out.
    I may view it through another lens from now on. :-)

• @yongsiklee said:
    It's good to know there are lots of people who are benefiting from lifetime deals.
    Maybe it's me who was not lucked out.

Sorry to hear that. When did you die?

• @Janevski said:
    Life is a lifetime deal...

And we need to make the most of it, so... 7$.

Dope.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Farish said: I bought the Windscribe Lifetime package. I figured if I get 1 year it was fair, starting year 3 now, so I am ahead.

That's the way I look at it. I've gotten some good lifetime deals where a few months got me more out of it than I'd have paid elsewhere. My most recent jump: https://fleeq.io/

• Cloud at cocks: really bumpy ride, tons of downtime, got moneys worth over 3+ years. They added a $9 annual maintenance fee last year, despite still claiming one-time cost.

Freephoneline: $50usd for voip service. Been running like 10 years. No problems.

VPN unlimited: unlimited for 5 devices, with torrenting, with 5 different VPN protocols. Something like $19-29 usd. On like third year or so.

"Lifetime" deals are great when they don't cost anymore than 2 years of a service. You shouldn't buy the regular price lifetime of most things, you do it on promos.

• Lifetime VPN here, too.