Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

โ€บ MXroute.io has been acquired by MailChannels - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MXroute.io has been acquired by MailChannels

Comments

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Any questions from our clients, happy to respond by email.

Thank you again,

• @Francisco said:

@jsg said:

@Harambe said:
    @MikePT So what's @jar's cut on this? Since he obviously promoted it early on and helped you build this up using his existing brand recognition

Let me guess: 0$

Jesus, even the $7 meme would've been better than that.

I would have gone with $2...

()

Thanked by 2mfs Aidan
  • jsgjsg Member, Resident Benchmarker

@Francisco said:

@jsg said:

@Harambe said:
    @MikePT So what's @jar's cut on this? Since he obviously promoted it early on and helped you build this up using his existing brand recognition

Let me guess: 0$

Jesus, even the $7 meme would've been better than that.

Jarland deserves half. He put his name and his own marketing behind it.

Francisco

Absolutely! But the question was not what @jar deserves. The question was what he got/gets.

• no @jar DESERVES exactly what his contract with el cheapo stipulated- not a penny more or less. If he didn't set up a prudent agreement on the front end that takes into account the highly probable flame out/sale of a low end company or a disputes between business associates- well that's on the two of them. You can make up any rationale you want or artificially create a tale of woe (that neither of them are doing) - but no contract no cash.

Thanked by 2iKeyZ Lee
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

Wait, mxroute.io and mxroute.com are two different companies? I could have sworn mxroute.io was a mxroute.com service based on what I've read here.

• @OmgpleaseRead said:
    Smart move by mailchannels, get the whining about no more super discounted mailchannels reselling over with and put a muzzle on any long term irrational statements regarding it.

Cheapshot.

• @KuJoe said:
    Wait, mxroute.io and mxroute.com are two different companies? I could have sworn mxroute.io was a mxroute.com service based on what I've read here.

They were connected for a period of time. @MikePT did support for MXRoute.com and MXRoute.io was supposed to be part owned by them both from my understand... Then @Jar and @MikePT fell out and it was fairly public. Since then @Jar retained ownership of MXRoute.com and @MikePT had ownership of MXRoute.io

Thanked by 2eva2000 coreflux
  • kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited October 2018

Francisco said: Jarland deserves half. He put his name and his own marketing behind it.

If jarland coined the term (mxroute), he should send a notice to Mailchannels to refrain from using the term (edit - and the domain) for explicit or implicit commercial or non commercial purposes

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@IThinkUFailed said:

@KuJoe said:

They were connected for a period of time. @MikePT did support for MXRoute.com and MXRoute.io was supposed to be part owned by them both from my understand... Then @Jar and @MikePT fell out and it was fairly public. Since then @Jar retained ownership of MXRoute.com and @MikePT had ownership of MXRoute.io

Oh wow, I don't know how I missed that. I feel tricked now, I had been recommending mxroute.io to people assuming it was run by Jarland and now those people go and get acquired by another company and I look like a jerk. Oh well, we're all just baseball cards these days. :(

Thanked by 2netomx eastonch
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

Both got temp-banned for a week for the public fallout. My rad meter was reading 20 rads per sec.

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • @Francisco said:

wiggl3 said: Your pricing has not changed and will not change for the rest of the year.

Rest of the year.

We need a popcorn emoji.

Francisco

Your wish is my command.

๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ๐Ÿฟ

(If you need more, my popcorn machine is hot and ready. Filled with just the right amount of butter, each bag of popcorn comes with lots of burning oil joy.)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2018

Probably loads of daft conjecture TBH. Curious though, is it a "play around with my brand name on a different TLD and see what comes of it" kind of thing. Seems like a really weird setup and why is some whitelabel (at best?) variant of jarland's work being acquisitioned. Just a customer list? perpetual license to the mxroute IP?

Who is to know.

• @Francisco said:
    We need a popcorn emoji.

• @ricardo .io was selling smtp services (different than .com email services). jarland did it with el cheapo. jarland and el cheap disagreed on things. El cheap ran .io mail channels cancels reseller program and jacks up rates. mail channels doesn't like cheap resellers damaging their billable rates. they acquire .io jarland and el cheap have whatever agreement they have and el cheapo has nda with mailchannels. Why on earth does mail channels need perpetual access to .com ip for mxroute? When it never ever was even used to sell services through .io which they are happy to shut down and remove the reseller pricing leak that was eroding their margins?

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited October 2018

shit son, thanks for enlightening but steady on with getting carried away. No why on Earth's required.

Think I'll step away from this LET deal stuff. I can see why drama ensues when there's so much dodgy English flying around.

• @default said:

@Francisco said:
    We need a popcorn emoji.

dhbbZO8

Thanked by 1imok
  • JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited October 2018

I was considering MXroute as a stable e-mail provider, so basically, only Google remains?

• Yes.
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited October 2018

@Janevski said:
    I was considering MXroute as a stable e-mail provider, so basically, only Google remains?

• Yes.

Wrong mxroute.

The email provider is alive and well with @jar.

The smtp service got absorbed by the Borg.

Francisco

• So any other mail channels resellers?

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

I'm gonna need to find a new SMTP service

• In retrospect, the naming game "mxroute.com" vs "mxroute.io" was never intuitive, and it was always likely to confuse people (as it did).

• At least it wasn't .com I'm happy sticking with Jarland.

• .io site looks like cheap rip off from .com. Wonder, who win in this case Jar or MikePT (who sold his company)...

• @sweatbar said:
    So any other mail channels resellers?

Nope I don't think so, it makes more sense to go directly

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Then I guess the the market is now wide open for a mailchannels clone that accepts resellers, hold my coffee...

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

@LTniger said:
    .io site looks like cheap rip off from .com. Wonder, who win in this case Jar or MikePT (who sold his company)...

It was a partnership between the two of them so... not really a "rip off", more like consistent branding

Thanked by 1Wolveix
  • wiggl3 said: Will my price stay the same?

Your pricing has not changed and will not change for the rest of the year

How many days do they think are left in this year?

Thanked by 2netomx lifehome
  • AnthonySmith said: the market is now wide open for a mailchannels clone that accepts resellers

.. or a competitor that offers small packages at a competitive pricing...

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@sweatbar said:
    So any other mail channels resellers?

Pretty sure they ended the reseller program entirely. @gleert was also selling mailchannel relay so maybe he can confirm.

Thanked by 1sweatbar
  • bapbap Member

no more drama?

drama please.. drama please.. drama please..