Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Windows server TLS error but not with VPN..
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Windows server TLS error but not with VPN..

anthony1anthony1 Member
edited September 2018 in Help

Hello,

I have an OVH Singapore dedicated server with a few Windows virtual machines (SolusVM KVM). When I try to open certain websites I'm interested in (it happens with plenty of websites), I'm getting TLS error on Edge browser while with Chrome&Mozilla the webpages are rarely loading but incomplete, with missing elements, etc. The strange thing is that If I switch to VPN everything works perfect ! I have other nodes on France Soyoustart configured in exactly the same way that works perfectly. What in the world could cause that TLS error only when I browse with OVH IP ? TLS is enabled on Internet options. Check this demo video http://zumzi.eu/ovh/ OVH simply ignore all my requests and phone support its useless.

Comments

• The website you open is behind cloudflare I guess?

• anthony1anthony1 Member
    edited September 2018

@NanoG6 said:
    The website you open is behind cloudflare I guess?

It seems so.

• Some users including me are experiencing same problem.

https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2882147/#Comment_2882147

• @Doutei said:
    Some users including me are experiencing same problem.

Who's fault is that ? OVH or Cloudflare ?

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

Hi all,
    Has anyone tried to contact Cloudfare support?
    As an unmanaged service provider, we do not assist with such issue. This is also why our support team won't be a great help in such case.

• HaxHax Member

@anthony1 said:

@Doutei said:

I'm not really sure, but only my VPS in OVH Singapore that has this problem.

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi all,
    As an unmanaged service provider, we do not assist with such issue. This is also why our support team won't be a great help in such case.

I did but no replies yet, but my guess is this is an issue from OVH side because I have other VPS in Singapore from other providers too and have no problem with Cloudflare. I and other users who have VPS/dedi in OVH Singapore are experiencing same issue, you can read it from here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2882147/#Comment_2882147

• OVH_APACOVH_APAC Member, Patron Provider

@Doutei said:

@anthony1 said:

@Doutei said:

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi all,

I did but no replies yet, but my guess is this is an issue from OVH side because I have other VPS in Singapore from other providers too and have no problem with Cloudflare. I and other users who have VPS/dedi in OVH Singapore are experiencing same issue, you can read it from here: https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2882147/#Comment_2882147

Hello @Doutei @anthony1 @dfmcvn and all,
    We managed to reproduce the issue and we have now shifted the Cloudflare traffic to our second POP in Singapore which seems to have fixed the issue.
    In another words, it means Cloudflare in Equinix (also where our second POP is in singapore) is having some issues...
    This wil also explain why it was working with some other providers.

Thanked by 2Hax NanoG6
  • @OVH_APAC said:

@Doutei said:

@anthony1 said:

@Doutei said:

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi all,

Hello @Doutei @anthony1 @dfmcvn and all,
    We managed to reproduce the issue and we have now shifted the Cloudflare traffic to our second POP in Singapore which seems to have fixed the issue.
    In another words, it means Cloudflare in Equinix (also where our second POP is in singapore) is having some issues...
    This wil also explain why it was working with some other providers.

@OVH_APAC, I don't know exactly what power do you have on OVH, but seems like you did coordinate and fix this problem. I really appreciate that, we all do. Now, on the other hand, we have called OVH at least 5 times and opened one extensive ticket related to this issue starting from 24.09. All this was in vain, I didn't felt at least the minimum interest or respect to resolve this issue, nothing, no opinion, nothing, the only info I was getting all the time is that the issue will be forwarded to the appropriate team. No one told me that this is Cloudflare issue though I did contacted them in the the same time with no reply from them. Did you ever had the feeling that you speak with someone but that person listen to you when you know nothing is going to be done ? That's happening every single time I' have to deal with OVH support, for years. One week with an important issue where OVH support didn't manage to say nothing. I remember having other issues in the paste where I received similar treat on phone /ticket support while Dan from OVH forum toke immediate action on every single report I have made. Anyway I'm glad that you had the power to take care of it, hopefully you will be around here for a long time :)

• dfmcvndfmcvn Member
    edited October 2018

@OVH_APAC said:
    Hi all,

In the Cf Forum, some1 said it because of the SSL library of the VM.
    I also submit a ticket to support, still waiting for reply.

• Some1 is a username or do you want to type someone?

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
  • @anthony1 said:

@OVH_APAC, I don't know exactly what power do you have on OVH, but seems like you did coordinate and fix this problem. I really appreciate that, we all do. Now, on the other hand, we have called OVH at least 5 times and opened one extensive ticket related to this issue starting from 24.09. All this was in vain, I didn't felt at least the minimum interest or respect to resolve this issue, nothing, no opinion, nothing, the only info I was getting all the time is that the issue will be forwarded to the appropriate team. No one told me that this is Cloudflare issue though I did contacted them in the the same time with no reply from them. Did you ever had the feeling that you speak with someone but that person listen to you when you know nothing is going to be done ? That's happening every single time I' have to deal with OVH support, for years. One week with an important issue where OVH support didn't manage to say nothing. I remember having other issues in the paste where I received similar treat on phone /ticket support while Dan from OVH forum toke immediate action on every single report I have made. Anyway I'm glad that you had the power to take care of it, hopefully you will be around here for a long time :)

I know your feeling, but hey, it's not OVH's fault and you are not paid clients of CF (I assume?) so your request may not be on both company's task list. This is very frustrating and upset though. OVH apparently doesn't have the power to fix the root cause. They just put a workaround on it so at least it somehow works now.

• @msg7086 said:

@anthony1 said:

I know your feeling, but hey, it's not OVH's fault and you are not paid clients of CF (I assume?) so your request may not be on both company's task list. This is very frustrating and upset though. OVH apparently doesn't have the power to fix the root cause. They just put a workaround on it so at least it somehow works now.

Luckily @OVH_APAC is around here.

Thanked by 1OVH_APAC