Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HiFormance's VPS Suspend
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HiFormance's VPS Suspend

Hello, first of all, sorry for my bad English!

I have 2 VPS contracted with this company, for the cost the operation was good. Eye buy it yearly and at $ 12. 4gb of ram and 20gb of disk. What else can you ask for the price?

The servers showed a slowness from time to time and every 14 days they fell for 2 or 3 hours. Yesterday morning a client informs me that the website was not going, corroborated and he was right. I proceeded to verify if the system was not down and enter SolusVM, when I enter I found out that they suspended my 2 vps without warning and without reason.

The weird thing is that on one server I performed tests and on the other if I used it actively but never exceeded the 1GB of memory used. I proceeded to open a ticket for each vps and a little over 24 hours ago I do not get answers. In if the server does not interest me but the database if and since my backup (use vestacp and in minutes is done) is old and I also need the latest version.

What seems strange to me is that it was out of nowhere and my tickets do not respond. Previously they did it in a matter of 4 hours at the most

Attached the captures of the ticket and if someone knows how to solve this problem or any recommendation that I can tell you if or if I need to access the database as soon as possible because otherwise I can have problems because of them.

Captures

Comments

• OP also has the second link open on his first screenshot. From the reviews it seems that its only good for idling and the provider suspends whenever someone actually tries to use the VPS. Hopefully, OP gets his backups back at least.

If its too good to be true it probably is.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2018

Side note: Why, pray tell are you still using Vesta? It's proven to be insecure and is not suitable for production.

• Suspension without reason and access to get your stuff is unacceptable.

I am a Hiformance customer and expect the worst at all times. So far, nothing bad has happened.

• HostDocHostDoc Member
    edited September 2018

Why do you not have a readily accessable backup of your servers?

Also, you have 100 customers and cram them on a 20GB server. So, each uses 100MB and the limit is hit no doubt on an unlimited plan.
    Even spread across the 2 servers, that is 200MB per client.
    HiFormance should at least offer a backup or access to your machine to retreive a backup, but, if you are cramming 100 clients into those machines, then sorry, but Karma is a bitch.

Apologies if I am wrong and you have a dedi somewhere that you actually house your clients or a more suitable VPS elsewhere. But, if this is all you have for your clients, then dont be so surprised at what your host has for you.

• mailinaboxmailinabox Member
    edited September 2018

You need accept this as it is a lowend thing. Best deal you got for that price/service.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@sidewinder said:
    Suspension without reason and access to get your stuff is unacceptable.

It's OpenVZ, the host (as many do) probably has Nodewatch or another monitoring software running that automatically suspends abusive VPS. It's to protect other clients like you from things like packet loss and high load. He was running Vesta, it was compromised, and 99% was being used to send attacks like everyone else that has had Vesta in the past 48 hours.

They should reply faster, but you pay less you get less.

My opinion.

• So automatic suspensions don't send email to the client? This is really pathethic in this time and age. Get your email sh$t together providers.

@smile said:
    So automatic suspensions don't send email to the client? This is really pathethic in this time and age. Get your email sh$t together providers.

Some do, some don't. Go with a KVM VPS if you want the best reliability.

• @misters said:

Yesterday morning a client informs me that the website was not going,

HiFormance is not the type of provider you use for serious business client websites.

Eye buy it yearly and at $ 12.
    4gb of ram and 20gb of disk. What else can you ask for the price?

At that price you can expect the server to be eventually severely overloaded.

• Why would you sign up for your client on a $12 yearly with 4gb of ram and 20gb of disk?

Do you care about your client?

Thanked by 1Hukin
  • @MikeA said:

@smile said:
    So automatic suspensions don't send email to the client? This is really pathethic in this time and age. Get your email sh$t together providers.

I have a KVM with Hiformance. The other day, I woke up to notifications the server was unreachable for over 2 hours but back up by the time I was awake. Logged in, uptime was still over several weeks. I just assumed it was from an abuser and I'm OK with them getting suspended.

But I'm NOT OK with suspending without notification and chance to resolve. A simple, "we suspended your server as it was sending X amount of traffic as part of a botnet" or some shit. Better than sweet fuck all.

edited September 2018

@TimboJones said:

@MikeA said:

@smile said:

I have a KVM with Hiformance. The other day, I woke up to notifications the server was unreachable for over 2 hours but back up by the time I was awake. Logged in, uptime was still over several weeks. I just assumed it was from an abuser and I'm OK with them getting suspended.

But I'm NOT OK with suspending without notification and chance to resolve. A simple, "we suspended your server as it was sending X amount of traffic as part of a botnet" or some shit. Better than sweet fuck all.

Ok, I will rephrase, go with a KVM VPS on a host known for reliability. Secure your server better to avoid it all in the first place.

• Uses $12 Year VPS for business purposes.. Lol. Must have some ringing bells.

Thanked by 1atrava
  • sidewindersidewinder Member
    edited September 2018

Agree but let him get his stuff back. WTF

Also - offtopic - they offer "Hybrid Dedicated Servers" - not sure what this is. Not much of an explanation on their site.

@MikeA said:

@sidewinder said:
    Suspension without reason and access to get your stuff is unacceptable.

It's OpenVZ, the host (as many do) probably has Nodewatch or another monitoring software running that automatically suspends abusive VPS. It's to protect other clients like you from things like packet loss and high load. He was running Vesta, it was compromised, and 99% was being used to send attacks like everyone else that has had Vesta in the past 48 hours.

They should reply faster, but you pay less you get less.

My opinion.

• @sidewinder said:
    Also - offtopic - they offer "Hybrid Dedicated Servers" - not sure what this is. Not much of an explanation on their site.

Apparently it’s their term for KVM with less VMs per host and dedicated CPU cores.

• I just received an email from HiFormance.

4 vCore
    8GB Mem
    40GB SSD
    8TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    2 IP Addresses
    OpenVZ
    14.99 USD/yr

I assume they are about to vanish soon.

• @Kiwi83 said:
    I just received an email from HiFormance.

4 vCore
    8GB Mem
    40GB SSD
    8TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    2 IP Addresses
    OpenVZ
    14.99 USD/yr

How much for 3-year prepayment?

• @donli said:

@Kiwi83 said:
    I just received an email from HiFormance.

4 vCore
    8GB Mem
    40GB SSD
    8TB Bandwidth
    1Gbps Port
    2 IP Addresses
    OpenVZ
    14.99 USD/yr

How much for 3-year prepayment?

It's $44.97 for three years for specs above or 14.99/yr for half those specs.