Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-3 (FR Datacenter)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[KIMSUFI] Flash sale KS-3 (FR Datacenter)

ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep
edited September 2018 in Offers

Hello guys,

September.. what a great time to re-launch flash sales on kimsufi, don't you think ? :)

Remember, a flash sale is recurrent, you will get this server at the discounted price for life !

It's available only through European websites of kimsufi. Further flash sale will be world wide.

Details of the offer:

KS-3 (FR Datacenter only)

• Intel Atom N2800
  • 2c/4t @ 1.86GHz
  • 4GB DDR3 1066 MHz
  • 2TB

5.99€ (instead of 7.99€)

(+9.99€ of setup fee)

https://www.kimsufi.com/en/servers.xml?flash

Cheers,

Comments

• Nice offer.

• Hello. Where link to US users??

• ofitofit Member
    edited September 2018

Ok. Only EU.

• You could edit your post to mention 9.99 EUR setup fee?

• @ofit said:
    Ok. Only EU.

US users can also sign up through this link.

• What about some i3 or i5 flash sale? :P

Thanked by 1pike
  • ninzo59ninzo59 Member, Host Rep

@adamluk said:
    You could edit your post to mention 9.99 EUR setup fee?

Done ;)

@dedipromo said:

@ofit said:
    Ok. Only EU.

US users can also sign up through this link.

Yes right, you can't just through the US website.> @DemoroCZE said:

What about some i3 or i5 flash sale? :P

Be patient, not until november though :)

• sammsamm Member
    edited September 2018

Ok thanks.

• Just curious (anyone can reply): does IPv6 /128 work well in practice?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

You actually got a /64 but no one at OVH tells you that.
    Some people could even use a /56 no idea if OVH fixed it.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @Neoon said:
    You actually got a /64 but no one at OVH tells you that.
    Some people could even use a /56 no idea if OVH fixed it.

Ah, good to know. I'm surprised that they advertise /128, which is highly unusual.

• I already got mine. Thanks for the promotion!

• Thanks for the heads up! It took me several minutes to remember, that I can't use my OVH credentials at kimsufi. lol

• that_guy said: I can't use my OVH credentials at kimsufi.

You can't even use your KS credentials across country based sites either.

• I'm tempted, but I think that I'll sleep on it. :smile:

• @angstrom said:
    I'm tempted, but I think that I'll sleep on it. :smile:

you may get nightmares about missing the train. are you sure? hhhahah

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • saibalsaibal Member
    edited September 2018

Does KS still have the 14 day order payment policy? If so @angstrom can just get it today and think on it for the next two weeks before payment.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @ehab said:

@angstrom said:
    I'm tempted, but I think that I'll sleep on it. :smile:

you may get nightmares about missing the train. are you sure? hhhahah

Well, I hope that I won't dream about Kimsufi!

By the way (for anyone), are KS disks reliable? I mean, has anyone lost data at KS because of a disk that goes bad?

• @angstrom said:
    By the way (for anyone), are KS disks reliable? I mean, has anyone lost data at KS because of a disk that goes bad?

even with old age they are fine. There was one or two cases of complaints in the past were changes but not so fast.

Thanked by 1angstrom
  • @saibal said:
    Does KS still have the 14 day order payment policy? If so @angstrom can just get it today and think on it for the next two weeks before payment.

Since it's France, it should be the case, but one has to look far to find the relevant text:

https://www.kimsufi.com/fr/documents_legaux/conditions_generales_de_service_Kimsufi.pdf

It's under 12.1.2 on page 15.

But if one wants to cancel using this option, one has to send a paper letter to Kimsufi (by recommended delivery), which is too much of a pain, so I personally wouldn't bother with this possibility.

• saibalsaibal Member
    edited September 2018

It also mentions that you can cancel from the management interface:

Le Client doit exercer son droit de rétractation avant l’expiration du délai précité soit depuis son Interface de gestion via le formulaire prévu à cet effet

The Customer must exercise his right of withdrawal before the expiry of the aforementioned period either from its Management Interface via the form provided for this purpose

I have never seen a cancellation button on the interface though. There is, however, a "no renewal" option on the renewal page.

I agree cancellation through a paper letter is too much of a hassle for a KS.

@angstrom said: By the way (for anyone), are KS disks reliable? I mean, has anyone lost data at KS because of a disk that goes bad?

I have a KS-1 with a 50K+ hours disk still going strong. No important stuff on it though. I have never had to replace a KS disk yet. No idea how that works or how long it takes.

Thanked by 2angstrom HostDoc
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2018

"recurring for lifetime" in the OVH world is the timeframe between one of Ole's brainfarts and the next capital funding round.

Funny that this thread is set to sink, by the way.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @saibal said: It also mentions that you can cancel from the management interface:

Ah, you're right, I missed that -- I was focused on the formulaire de rétractation that they give on that page.

In any case, I personally would just decide before I buy it.

• By the way, if one compares Kimsufi with WorldStream, is there a clear preference?

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited September 2018

@Amitz said: "recurring for lifetime" in the OVH world is the timeframe between one of Ole's brainfarts and the next capital funding round.

I see that you're not so positive. :smile:

I think that I would grant them "the discounted price for life" -- this doesn't really worry me. :smile:

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2018

I was actually only commenting to see if this thread is set to sink and tried to be half funny while doing so... 😜

• @Amitz said: Funny that this thread is set to sink, by the way.

Good observation. Probably it's deemed to be "not of sufficient interest" by we-know-who ...

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2018

Exactly my thought... The LET as of today.

Thanked by 1Kris
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2018

Amitz said: "recurring for lifetime" in the OVH world is the timeframe between one of Ole's brainfarts and the next capital funding round.

Indeed. Focusing on how it's "this discounted price for life" is this thread's biggest joke. I already got a price hike on two previous "flash sale" Kimsufi servers. And now they resort to dishonest advertising like that.

• robinexrobinex Member
    edited September 2018

any buyer share with us benchmark?