Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to create many VPS from one dedicated server using unique IP4 addresses.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Want to create many VPS from one dedicated server using unique IP4 addresses.

I want to run many VPS with unique IP address from a dedicated server. Are there are any providers that include many IPs with one dedicated server? Also, perhaps a control panel to create multiple VPS from the one server as well?

Not sure how much something like this will cost me. It seems like most hosts want $1/mo for one IPv4. Just thinking a lowend VPS sometimes offers $1/mo, so I wonder if I'm better off just renting a VPS @ $1/mo then.

Comments

• come back next year. summer is over already :-P

(or just rent a dedi at OVH where you get up to 256 IPs per server for a one-time fee and no monthly costs)

• Can be done, but you have to learn about NAT and such stuff, install a router OS or use IPtables. You'ld need better hardware/vps for that as well. So you might end up paying more than you intend to save.

• @Falzo said:
    come back next year. summer is over already :-P

(or just rent a dedi at OVH where you get up to 256 IPs per server for a one-time fee and no monthly costs)

So $3 for one IP?

What about control panels to create VPS from the dedicated server?

• HowLowCanYouGo said: What about control panels to create VPS from the dedicated server?

OVH has proxmox (and others) as o/s install options.

• HaendlerITHaendlerIT Member, Host Rep

Most of our dedicated servers got up to 5 free IPv4 inclusive.

You can find some offers without setup Fee here: https://kts24.com/dedicated

We daily update this list.

Thanked by 1HowLowCanYouGo
  • Most dedi offer here will give u /29. Start one within your budget and extend or order more IPs if there's a need. You can play around yourself with proxmox (NAT VPSes) like other mentioned.

But you cannot compare the cost of IP vs cheap VPS. Buying VPS from others could be potentially cheaper option at all time if you don't mind about sharing resources with others.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider

@HowLowCanYouGo said:
    I want to run many VPS with unique IP address from a dedicated server. Are there are any providers that include many IPs with one dedicated server? Also, perhaps a control panel to create multiple VPS from the one server as well?

Not sure how much something like this will cost me. It seems like most hosts want $1/mo for one IPv4. Just thinking a lowend VPS sometimes offers $1/mo, so I wonder if I'm better off just renting a VPS @ $1/mo then.

Definitely you can make multiple VPSes from a VPS panel called (SolusVM). Following are the simple steps you can follow to start your own VPS company:

1) Buy a small 1/2GB RAM VPS and Install SolusVM Master Panel
    2) Buy a Dedicated Server (With IPs) and install OpenVZ / KVM Virtualization
    3) After adding a Dedicated Server (Node) and IPs (IP Blocks) from a Master SolusVM Panel
    4) Add the required OpenVZ / KVM templates from SolusVM Master Panel > Media > List Templates
    5) After creating a VPS and assign the resources and IPs to test before use.

I would recommend to buy a Dedicated Server from a ColoCrossing, they are the best in US Hosting Market.

If you need any help, let me know.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

hostnamaste said: I would recommend to buy a Dedicated Server from a ColoCrossing, they are the best in US Hosting Market.

It's a rather unfortunate sentence after the recent events.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • for create vps in dedicated server some best control panel in the virtualization industry are
    virtualizor, solusvm. both are widely used.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• @hostnamaste said: I would recommend to buy a Dedicated Server from a ColoCrossing, they are the best in US Hosting Market.

You would say that, wouldn't you ...

Thanked by 1FHR

@angstrom said:

@hostnamaste said: I would recommend to buy a Dedicated Server from a ColoCrossing, they are the best in US Hosting Market.

You would say that, wouldn't you ...

I've already did!

• DedicadudeDedicadude Member
    edited September 2018

hostnamaste said: I would recommend to buy a Dedicated Server from a ColoCrossing, they are the best in US Hosting Market.

Edit: What the actual fuck?

• hostnamaste said: I would recommend to buy a Dedicated Server from a ColoCrossing, they are the best in US Hosting Market.

HAIL CC

You forgot to add the disclaimer that you are in their pocket and get special treatment, this is like shilling 1 step removed.

edited September 2018

@AnthonySmith said:

You forgot to add the disclaimer that you are in their pocket and get special treatment, this is like shilling 1 step removed.

Well, It shows you are still crying behind the bars for your decision haha. Can totally understand what you have tried to challenge the judge, but Boss is always right!

edited September 2018

hostnamaste said: Well, It shows you are still crying behind the bars for your decision haha. Can totally understand what you have tried to challenge the judge, but Boss is always right!

Yeah, no ... just that given your little shill I thought it was worth pointing out that you are happy being a sock puppet and as such, your opinion is not to be trusted.

There was no challenge, you got special treatment, I have morals so I stepped down, I will make a point of ensuring people know this and to all the other providers here 99% of which have had to play by the rules, by virtue of you being here you are an insult to our hard work.

• crpatelcrpatel Member
    edited September 2018

Any bet on how long @hostnamaste's shit show goes on?

Sidenote: Has anyone heard of this? Sorry, could not attach the image; tried attaching an image but somehow getting a blank response.

Thanked by 1HowLowCanYouGo
  • @crpatel said:
    Any bet on how long @hostnamaste's shit show goes on?

Sidenote: Has anyone heard of this? Sorry, could not attach the image; tried attaching an image but somehow getting a blank response.

Site is broken. I prefer that forum software, but it doesn't work... so I'll stick to LowEndTalk. Always reliable!

• @AnthonySmith said:

Get a room you two. You sound like my neighbors always fighting in front of the kids.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • @hostnamaste said:
    Install SolusVM Master Panel

Sorry I am not familiar with this.

Its not free? I have to pay $10/mo for this?

• Install Proxmox.

Or even better, install Windows XP SP2, configure RDP and add VirtualPC on it, go to taskmgr then set virtualpc.exe priority to High. You get bonus points for disabling the firewall.

• angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited September 2018

@HowLowCanYouGo said:

@hostnamaste said:
    Install SolusVM Master Panel

Sorry I am not familiar with this.

Its not free? I have to pay $10/mo for this?

Imagine!

• PieHasBeenEatenPieHasBeenEaten Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2018

@hostnamaste Well you asked for it tough guy. I dont give a f#%÷ but you are being a dick and you need a timeout. But I know u will cry to the the higher powers. Enjoy the 5 day ban!

edited September 2018

Fastest ban but also fastest world record unban soon...

Btw, someone talked about Windows XP SP2... do people still use that shit anymore nowadays? Can’t imagine the amount of exploits available — It’s like installing a glass front-door on a goldsmith or bank vault and waiting to be robbed? Prove me wrong...

Edit: was it sarcasm?

• Dedicadude said: Edit: was it sarcasm?

It's one of those 'use your best judgement' moments, where the reader should choose the obvious solution, but even deciding to live the long way could be fun too, perhaps even funnier.

edited September 2018

Anyway, back to the topic... I'm also curious how to get dedicated IPv4 for each VPS instances created using Proxmox or whatever available software out there? solusvm? kvm? openvz? I know nothing about system administration / networking... But it's always amaze me how for example DO/Vultr/Linode (and other providers) are able to give you that dedicated IPv4 per vps... anybody knows how many average vps instances are created on each server? 5? 10? 100? that's mean 5-10-100 IPv4 too...

I mean if someone needs /25 and willing to pay $0.50-1.00/ip/month to their upstream provider that's going to be really expensive.. and what's the case for those who own their hardware in DC?

I have this feeling, it's better that you build a good infrastructure (with enough capital to start and maintain) rather than becoming one of those monthly-renting resellers and close shop in less than 6 months...

Too many script kiddies want to own and run hosting company giving bad image for the industry... even those operating from their mom's backyard garage and bought a dedicated server from CC using their mom's CC (pun intended) can also run a hosting business.... comments???

• LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep

@Dedicadude said:
    Anyway, back to the topic... I'm also curious how to get dedicated IPv4 for each VPS instances created using Proxmox or whatever available software out there? solusvm? kvm? openvz? I know nothing about system administration / networking... But it's always amaze me how for example DO/Vultr/Linode (and other providers) are able to give you that dedicated IPv4 per vps... anybody knows how many average vps instances are created on each server? 5? 10? 100? that's mean 5-10-100 IPv4 too...

I mean if someone needs /25 and willing to pay $0.50-1.00/ip/month to their upstream provider that's going to be really expensive.. and what's the case for those who own their hardware in DC?

You can get IPv4 for much much cheaper than $0.50/IP, especially if you purchase in bulk. If you're one of the big companies, you'd get it directly from a RIR, which equates to usually less than $0.01/mo/IP if your allocation is big enough (ie. a /16 with ARIN would only be $4,000/year). Since ARIN/RIPE has run out of IPv4 resources though, this is no longer possible.

If you know where to look, you can rent IPv4 blocks for quite cheap (<$50-60/mo).

edited September 2018

$4000/year ouch guess that answered OP question then?

I wonder how can those small businesses selling $2.50/month per vps actually make money? Overselling? 😭

Also: when can we expect to see IPv4 become obsolete (or at least less popular) and the whole world would fully switch to IPv6 maybe in 2040? IPv6 must have a real good reason as to why it is better than IPv4 in terms of security and speed this is the only way it can convince people to drop suppport for IPv4 and migrate... comments? Like how the world migrate from http to https... and now ssl/encryption is a must to gain trust...