Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What do think of vePortal?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What do think of vePortal?

RaidLogicRaidLogic Member
edited February 2012 in General

Hello

What do you think of vePortal?

Its features, price, support?

I personal like the theme its much more nicer then solusvm.

We run veportal for linux openvz and solusvm for windows xen on our nodes.

Its seems solusvm is much more popular all around.

Your thoughts?

Thank you

Comments

• I actually like vePortal, it's layout isn't bad. It offers what I would expect from any VPS Control Panel.

• I find there layout much better then solusvm!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@RaidLogic said: We run veportal for linux openvz and solusvm for windows xen on our nodes.

Burst cough cough NET.. Linux/Windows VPS in multiple locations: Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, Scranton.

• @Infinity need a cuff drop?

Yes we use BurstNET they offer great service for the price!

Stay on topic please.

• @dotvps Yes we do for many years now.

• @RaidLogic said: Yes we do for many years now.

For many years? Your domain was registered July of last year.

Creation date: 25 Jul 2011 15:19:37

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • RaidLogicRaidLogic Member
    edited February 2012

@Kairus indeed was using different domain we did a brand name change in 2011, our other domain was registered in 2001 we let it expire, which i regret very much.

Only thing i dont like about veportal is no xen support yet

• I use VePortal with VolumeDrive, and I like it. It's fast, and the design is nice.

• Its seems very few provider use it, i know burstnet does and volumedrive, i just want to know why its unpopular must be a reason?

They use to have a broken backup feature this has since then been fixed.

• They just don't seem to develop it any more IMHO. There just seems to be a lack of interest on there website.

• Their ticket system is broken and they don't reply to emaila

• Your right their support ticket system is broken thats unacceptable i think.

• I contacted Gavin (owner) about vePortal last week.

We were one of their very first customers and I'm surprised that they just disappeared for a while.

He said they will be back in action shortly, but that can mean any thing. It would be good if they got in to gear and presented another viable option to the hosting community.

I'm sure many people would switch from SolusVM without hesitation. Initially vePortal was great, but as every one here has pointed out things started breaking and development just halted.

• vePortal has a different but sort of cool interface. I prefer Solusvm just because I'm used to it but if vePortal can do the job, that's fine.