Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Employer of the year - digital agency
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Employer of the year - digital agency

armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep
edited September 2018 in General

Wanted to share this funny story of an employer of a digital agency which recently left the agency. He thought he was smart enough to sue the agency and earn money from it.

Warning!: This has nothing to do with my agency, but with a rival one, locally.

As what we heard, he was working as a back-end developer for an agency, a few months. He had signed a contract that every product & item he releases while being at the agency, would be copyrighted as the agency's work and in no way could he distribute that anywhere else without agency's permission.

Recently another employer found he had forgotten to remove his username and password logins for a server using Fillezilla when he left. It seemed he had been working on a project for an IPTV company here in my country while being at the agency. The files of the project were also in a local xampp project in a PC. The employer then told the boss, he than removed all the files in the server, the IPTV company was no longer online. A few days later he comes and asks for his files back[the boss denied the request and told him he wouldn't get it, and to ask no more or he would get in trouble]. Later that day they get a warning that the agency was being sued and to start the procedures. After a while we heard nothing, today we got a word saying that the agency was now sueing the employer for distributing an item that was made while being at the agency, which belongs to the agency as was signed in the contract. LMAO!

They also mentioned that they would distribute this IPTV system as their own and sell it for their own profit, the actual IPTV company would no longer have the right to use the system and the employer would get a fee to pay the agency.

All i can say is, lmao!

Comments

• 9let

Thanked by 1armandorg
  • That was painful.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited September 2018

Something is missing in this story. Is full of holes. First the company would have to prove that those files were entirely coded in the office, second such a clause can be deemed as illegal. My guess is that this is a third world country. Anyways, that dude is dumb as f.

• @Hxxx said:
    Something is missing in this story. Is full of holes. First the company would have to prove that those files were entirely coded in the office, second such a clause can be deemed as illegal. My guess is that this is a third world country. Anyways, that dude is dumb as f.

holes maybe.
    however in many countries - code written by an employee belongs to the company. it usually does where i live. of course the law has many exceptions and loopholes.