Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here ordered from HETZNER, got rejected, and suggested to try another company?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here ordered from HETZNER, got rejected, and suggested to try another company?

asep_dadangasep_dadang Member
edited September 2018 in General

Hi,

As the title said, anyone?

I was recently. I contacted Hetzner and asked why but still haven't got a respond. Then i tried contacting one of their representative here, Hetzner_OL / Katie. Instead of helping a prospective customer to check why he got rejected, she suggested to redo the process and make sure all the information i provided is correct, which i was providing all of my real data, ID, etc. Or the second suggestion is to "Try another company"

Anyone here being suggested by Hetzner to try another company too? When you wanted to sign up with them?

@Kiwi83 said:

@asep_dadang said:

@Kiwi83 said:
Just change to another provider. It doesn't worth the time for the few bucks you save with them. You are nothing but a risk to them if you are from a "high risk" country.

Thanks man

I have the same problem just like you. I uploaded my ID but they said it was not "readable". OK it's my bad. Then I submit a copy of my passport but they said it didn't have my address on it. They asked me to submit an English translation of my ID, which I happened to have one. I submited the translated document I got from a local law agency when I applied for visa few years ago. They said it did not count since it was not issued by my government.

They don't say no to you. They just forced you to quit by yourself.

@dfmcvn said:
The first time I signed up for an account. They said they need a copy of my National ID for verification purpose. After I sent it, they blocked my account.

No reason, no reply. Just send a copy of my ID, and my account has been blocked, even I wasn't order anything.

Comments

• No, only the potential high-risk scammers from 3rd world countries are rejected.

Thanked by 2WebProject Asim
  • asep_dadangasep_dadang Member
    edited September 2018

I don't know if my country is categorized as a potential high-risk scammers from 3rd world, but she told me that Hetzner have customers from my country.

After reviewing your updated customer information, we have decided to deactivate your account because of some concerns we have regarding this information. Therefore, we have cancelled all your existing products and orders with us.
    Best regards
    Your Hetzner Online Team

That's the email i received, and i don't know why.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited September 2018

They simply not care about single client because they a big boss and get huge income every day. Small private companies or sole owners cares about every client.

• @Hukin said:
    They simply not care about single client because they a big boss and already has a huge income

That is what i said to the representative. I wonder if this provider is a newcomer, begging for some new clients, the treatment wouldn't be like that.

• asep_dadang said: asep_dadang

You can order from reseller not directly from them. There a lot of Hetzner resellers.

• @Hukin said:

asep_dadang said: asep_dadang

You can order from reseller not directly from them. There a lot of Hetzner resellers.

why would you do that if you can place order directly? Such a joke. Anyway, i'll try to find another good company.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited September 2018

asep_dadang said: why would you do that if you can place order directly?

They don't want deal with you probably because you refuse to provide copy of ID passport to them like usual. They asking every subscriber to provide that.

Thanked by 1ariq01
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

OneProvider comes close to Hetzner sometimes, but yea you cannot really compare OneProvider with Hetzner, Ticket response times are like utta shit.

So better get it fixed or get a reseller.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

We reject new accounts from Germany and other Western countries every day that look suspicious. We do not reject accounts just based on country. We do not reject accounts to hurt anyone's feelings or to insult people, though we understand that it's doesn't feel good to get rejected.
    Our servers are powerful machines, and although most people them use them for positive things, some people want to abuse our servers. And a server in the wrong hands can cause a lot of damage.
    We as a webhosting company have a responsibility to protect other people on the Internet. We take this responsibility seriously. For us, it is more important to be safe than to make more money by having more customers.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Hukin said:
    They simply not care about single client because they a big boss and get huge income every day. Small private companies or sole owners cares about every client.

Not really, if customer is trying to scam. what the point to care such customer? or trying to provide service for free as at the end of day such lovely customer will file a chargeback and cost extra $20 - £25 per transaction!

edited September 2018

@Hetzner_OL said:
    We reject new accounts from Germany and other Western countries every day that look suspicious. We do not reject accounts just based on country. We do not reject accounts to hurt anyone's feelings or to insult people, though we understand that it's doesn't feel good to get rejected.
    Our servers are powerful machines, and although most people them use them for positive things, some people want to abuse our servers. And a server in the wrong hands can cause a lot of damage.
    We as a webhosting company have a responsibility to protect other people on the Internet. We take this responsibility seriously. For us, it is more important to be safe than to make more money by having more customers.

Nice quote there, i'll note it.

But you as a marketing, your job is a marketing, you should do marketing, right? Otherwise why would you be here and promoting the company?

If you said that being rejected doesn't feel good, you already understand that, then why don't you dig deeper about your prospective customer? I'm talking about real customer who already provided real info and uploaded real ID. Instead you do not do your job, and make it easy by suggesting to find another company. What kind of marketing is that?

Thanked by 2desperand dmtr
  • @WebProject said:

@Hukin said:

Not really, if customer is trying to scam. what the point to care such customer? or trying to provide service for free as at the end of day such lovely customer will file a chargeback and cost extra $20 - £25 per transaction!

The thing is, this customer is not trying to scam, how is that? He provided all data and ID requested. The concern here is they do not take a serious care of prospective customer, instead they just push the deactivate button / suggesting to take other company, without sweating more. Or lack of employees maybe.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2018

Dry your eyes and move on, you are not entitled to service, if they don't want you as a client then find another provider. There are plenty of Hetzner clients out there that had no issues.

• @Lee said:
    Dry your eyes and move on, you are not entitled to service, if they don't want you as a client then find another provider. There are plenty of Hetzner clients out there that had no issues.

Thanks for your concern, i appreciate it. *hugsandkisses

• asep_dadang said: Thanks for your concern, i appreciate it. *hugsandkisses

Honestly though, nobody cares outside of those that also got rejected. Of course you are going to come along and say you are a model client that has done nothing wrong.

But, like it or not something has flagged on their system as suspicious, this has no purpose other than you having a moan, get used to rejection in your life.

Thanked by 1iKeyZ
  • @asep_dadang said:

@WebProject said:

@Hukin said:

The thing is, this customer is not trying to scam, how is that? He provided all data and ID requested. The concern here is they do not take a serious care of prospective customer, instead they just push the deactivate button / suggesting to take other company, without sweating more. Or lack of employees maybe.

It's a business decision. Just because you submit your id does not mean all is good. There are lots of fraud alert systems which can flag customers based on the information provided. Better for a company to lose business from one than make all customers suffer if there is potential for abuse.

Sure this builds bad sentiment from customers stand point. But a risk business takes.

• WebProject said: Not really, if customer is trying to scam. what the point to care such customer? or trying to provide service for free as at the end of day such lovely customer will file a chargeback and cost extra $20 - £25 per transaction!

Yes that risky enough but you can't be without it. I just always wondering how to recognize and sort out bad client from good client from start if person has nothing to do right after joining.

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member
    edited September 2018

Just change to another provider. It doesn't worth the time for the few bucks you save with them. You are nothing but a risk to them if you are from a "high risk" country.

Thanked by 1dmtr
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@Hukin said:

WebProject said: Not really, if customer is trying to scam. what the point to care such customer? or trying to provide service for free as at the end of day such lovely customer will file a chargeback and cost extra $20 - £25 per transaction!

Yes that risky enough but you can't be without it. I just always wondering how to recognize and sort out bad client from good client from start if person has nothing to do right after joining.

Need to have experience of fraud screening and some tools will help to check the order.

• i can accept any rejections except from girls....

• @Lee said:

asep_dadang said: Thanks for your concern, i appreciate it. *hugsandkisses

Honestly though, nobody cares outside of those that also got rejected. Of course you are going to come along and say you are a model client that has done nothing wrong.

But, like it or not something has flagged on their system as suspicious, this has no purpose other than you having a moan, get used to rejection in your life.

*hugsandkissesagainforyou

• @plumberg said:

@asep_dadang said:

@WebProject said:

@Hukin said:

It's a business decision. Just because you submit your id does not mean all is good. There are lots of fraud alert systems which can flag customers based on the information provided. Better for a company to lose business from one than make all customers suffer if there is potential for abuse.

Sure this builds bad sentiment from customers stand point. But a risk business takes.

Yes of course this is from customer's stand point, because i am a customer. The weird thing is this provider doesn't want to do anything about it, because i've been with another provider who has fraud system, been detected multiple times too, but they care when i asked about it and proved my data and ID is not fake, service and business relationship start and continue.

This provider, don't do that and suggest me to take a look at their competitor, OVH. Really....

edited September 2018

@WebProject said:

@Hukin said:

WebProject said: Not really, if customer is trying to scam. what the point to care such customer? or trying to provide service for free as at the end of day such lovely customer will file a chargeback and cost extra $20 - £25 per transaction!

Need to have experience of fraud screening and some tools will help to check the order.

I'm pretty sure they are experience enough in this business, from the info i am just an unlucky customer, 5% - 10% who get false fraud screening, and just like that.

• @ehab said:
    i can accept any rejections except from girls....

i really couldn't *sadsadsad

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Is hetzner cloud require ID confirmation, or it can be used without uploading documents?

• @Kiwi83 said:

Thanks man

• @desperand said:
    Is hetzner cloud require ID confirmation, or it can be used without uploading documents?

their service required ID, i uploaded the ID, and got detected as a fraud, without no reason but unlucky prospective customer.

• WebProject said: Need to have experience of fraud screening and some tools will help to check the order.

We have some experience with orders from some high risk countries and never had a chargeback from them within 10 years. Only few from countries such a DE and AU

• Kiwi83Kiwi83 Member
    edited September 2018

@asep_dadang said:

@Kiwi83 said:

Thanks man

I have the same problem just like you. I uploaded my ID but they said it was not "readable". OK it's my bad. Then I submit a copy of my passport but they said it didn't have my address on it. They asked me to submit an English translation of my ID, which I happened to have one. I submited the translated document I got from a local law agency when I applied for visa few years ago. They said it did not count since it was not issued by my government.

They don't say no to you. They just forced you to quit by yourself.

This discussion has been closed.