Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What Online tools are prohibitively expensive or don't exist, that you'd like to see?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What Online tools are prohibitively expensive or don't exist, that you'd like to see?

Just a generic question for you.

Recently I wrote a DNS tool that uses 40 public nameservers to resolve hostnames via UDP that otherwise did not exist, simply to get an A record on scale. I'd tinkered with async DNS libraries like c-ares and getdns but they didn't fit quite right.

Anything that you long for that's either too expensive or doesn't exist (either entirely or is a poor fit?)

Maybe at the least you'll get a suggestion of a tool that fits, or inspire someone to build it.

Comments

• Self-hosted AWS RDS. I want one to use with VPS providers of my choice. I was actually building one for PgSQL as command line tool. But lost steam midway. Thinking of going back to building it, but don't have enough free time these days.

To anyone reading, will be you be interested in a cheap service which offers managed PgSQL with replication, automated backup, read replicas and auto-failover? Do you prefer a small monthly subscription? or one time relatively large payment?

Thanked by 1ricardo
  • prohibitively expensive or don't exist,

Exits, but expensive, layer 7 DDoS protection?

• What layer do you live on? My original question is genuine.

• @simpleguy8288 if this can be done from my own VPS, it would be interesting.
    If the SQL server resides somewhere else, the latency would be a big issue.

Thanked by 1simpleguy8288
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Domain WHOIS history.

Thanked by 1steny
  • Powerful scrapers; some trusted providers like Diffbot charges $300 per month, which is excessively expensive.

• @jar said:
    Domain WHOIS history.

domainbigdata.com?

Thanked by 2jar steny
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@teamacc said:

@jar said:
    Domain WHOIS history.

domainbigdata.com?

Nice! A bit more like domaintools but this is a great tool I was unaware of as well. Domaintools is so incredibly overpriced and could be replaced by anyone with a vision, a weekend, and a bottle.

• A forum that is not owned by a big corporation... thats rare