Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget Dedicated Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget Dedicated Server

Hi all,

I'm looking for a dedi to replace my current Hetzner box (€27,70 E3-1246v3 32GB RAM 2x2TB HDD) because speeds are pretty awful to the US. I'm not expecting the same pricing since Hetzner beats everyone there, but I'm just looking for something reasonable:

• RAM: 16-32GB

• HDD: At least 2.5TB (can be a mix of HDD and SSD or just HDD)

• CPU: Nothing special, but I think ~7000-8000 Passmark points is reasonable?

• Location: Doesn't matter, but I'd prefer eastern US and western Europe.

• Price: $30-35/month?

I want to be able to pay with something other than PayPal and credit/debit card, cryptos would probably be the best / most convenient option.

Is it possible for someone to offer me a good deal with the specs above?

Comments

• @qps has some E3 at $35 IIRC.

• imok said: @qps has some E3 at $35 IIRC.

Yup, I am definitely looking at this. I've heard great things about QuickPacket, the only thing holding me back is the 1TB storage.

• hostnamastehostnamaste Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

Contact Dacentec, they would offer you something similar.

• @karatekidmonkey said:

You can try here:
    https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server

I noticed a lot of their setup fees have dropped.

metadedi.pw too for dedi search filtering. they have cpu benchmark scores too, so that might help you narrow down.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

@karatekidmonkey Would a Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 2x 2TB HD in Charlotte, NC work at $30? That was the offer that we had up for our 15th anniversary earlier in the summer. I might be persuaded to make another available for you. If you're interested, let me know.

Thanked by 2yomero Unixfy
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

@karatekidmonkey said:
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a dedi to replace my current Hetzner box (€27,70 E3-1246v3 32GB RAM 2x2TB HDD) because speeds are pretty awful to the US. I'm not expecting the same pricing since Hetzner beats everyone there, but I'm just looking for something reasonable:

• RAM: 16-32GB

• HDD: At least 2.5TB (can be a mix of HDD and SSD or just HDD)

• CPU: Nothing special, but I think ~7000-8000 Passmark points is reasonable?

• Location: Doesn't matter, but I'd prefer eastern US and western Europe.

• Price: $30-35/month?

I want to be able to pay with something other than PayPal and credit/debit card, cryptos would probably be the best / most convenient option.

Specs are all good but the price isn't for the storage you're looking for, If you're ready to hinge your budget I'd be able to offer something in Psychz.

• hostnamaste said: Contact Dacentec, they would offer you something similar.

I've sent them a message, thanks!

HowLowCanYouGo said: You can try here:

Online doesn't do cryptos or PayPal.

qps said: Would a Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 2x 2TB HD in Charlotte, NC work at $30? That was the offer that we had up for our 15th anniversary earlier in the summer. I might be persuaded to make another available for you. If you're interested, let me know.

I've sent you a PM :)

• China_JunChina_Jun Member
    edited September 2018

@qps said:
    @karatekidmonkey Would a Dual L5520, 24GB RAM, 2x 2TB HD in Charlotte, NC work at $30? That was the offer that we had up for our 15th anniversary earlier in the summer. I might be persuaded to make another available for you. If you're interested, let me know.

How big is your broadband?

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

China_Jun said: How big is your broadband?

I'm not sure what you mean. The servers are on 1Gbps switch ports in our Charlotte, NC data center.