Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

HostTheBest
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

HostTheBest

Get this advert to my email. Looks interesting. Location NY Central (Cogent)

NYCKVM - 16GB Ram
- 24 Cores
- 16GB Ram
- 60GB Disk (Pure SSD Storage)
- 1GB Port
- 1Gbps's Unmetered bandwidth
- 2 Dedicated IP Address
- Daily Backups

USD 16,00 per Month

Also 50% OFF with code: Take50Off (First Month)

Do someone already tried them or has some feedback?

Thanks

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

16GB RAM, 24 cores unmeterd BW at 1gbit daily backups and for $16 p/month..... riiiight.

Would love to have been a fly on the wall when that package/pricing was being decided.

Thanked by 1gol3m
  • HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

24 cores from a gpu maybe

• Another host with 2 months lifetime offering unsustainable deals

Thanked by 2gol3m kait
  • SCAM!

• HostTheWorst

• You can certainly find the worst offers.

• FHRFHR Member, Host Rep

Looks the company was actually incorporated in 2004. I'm surprised.

Probably not a scam, but it's gonna be oversold ancient hardware.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

More importantly - who leaked your email or who fr-started shop after deadpooling

• FHR said: Probably not a scam, but it's gonna be oversold ancient hardware.

As we seen Contabo and Netcup like provide that specs even for less, Contabo only 8,99 and no one called it scam :) Only not sure about cores.

Clouvider said: More importantly - who leaked your email.

I leave this email to many providers,so not surprised as well.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @Hukin said:

FHR said: Probably not a scam, but it's gonna be oversold ancient hardware.

As we seen Contabo and Netcup like provide that specs even for less, Contabo only 8,99 and no one called it scam :) Only not sure about cores.

Clouvider said: More importantly - who leaked your email.

I leave this email to many providers,so not surprised as well.

Contabo is a special case as well but I trust them in so far that they are a long existing german company with their office/dc about 30minutes away from me. If things go wrong with them I'll be the first one knocking at their door/calling them on their phone. Plus in Germany there are VERY strict laws and regulations so they at some point have to provide what they say they're offering.

• @Hukin said:

Contabo is a an ancient German GmbH, meaning they have at least 25k€ minimum capital and you can look up their financial statements easily. That's probably extremely rare for a scam.

• HukinHukin Member
    edited September 2018

Ympker said: Contabo is a special case as well but I trust them in so far that they are a long existing german company with their office/dc about 30minutes away from me.

I was seen a many negative feedback about them on different forums. No idea may be they has significant improvements for now :neutral:

Also I see your feedback posted a year ago. Sounds like you work for them or affiliate? - https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/107757/contabo-review-vps-m-ssd

gol3m said: That's probably extremely rare for a scam.

I do not talk about they scam. Just about specs and pricing scheme

• @Hukin said:

Main difference is that both Netcup (?) and Contabo own their infrastructure , which means they do not rely on co-locations or so. Both Netcup and Contabo have also been in business for 10+ years so the likelihood of them suddenly turning into a scam is next to zero.

• vdsvds Member
    edited September 2018

@Prime404 said:

@Hukin said:

Main difference is that both Netcup (?) and Contabo own their infrastructure , which means they do not rely on co-locations or so. Both Netcup and Contabo have also been in business for 10+ years so the likelihood of them suddenly turning into a scam is next to zero.

Good service
    vps control panel: SolusVM
    price is very low
    quality :Very good

• website and member area @hostthebest not active. I still subscribe to their VPS, but no email contact other than @hostthebest.com. can anyone help?

• DPDP Administrator, The Domain Guy
    edited February 2023

@sangatsetia said:
    website and member area @hostthebest not active. I still subscribe to their VPS, but no email contact other than @hostthebest.com. can anyone help?

1. Don't necropost.
    2. They're not active here.
    3. They don't advertise here.
    4. I don't think many people here know of them.
    5. Good luck trying to get ahold of them.
    Thanked by 1kdh
This discussion has been closed.