Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH VPS keeps doing down!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH VPS keeps doing down!

Its been few days now...

Last time it happened couple weeks ago, I did a reboot in rescue mode and then again a normal reboot. It worked for some time but now same thing happened and this time I tried to do the same but every time the server starts I get the same error message/email instantly:

Our monitoring system has just detected a fault on your VPS vpsxxxxx.ovh.net.
The fault was noticed on 2018-09-12 12:06:00

Your VPS may function correctly,
though a few false positives may appear:

• following a reboot of the VPS with a fsck which
    would be launched automatically, delaying the reboot

I asked support and they said that they had some incident and that cause many of the VPS's to fail like mine. Now they saying they solved the issue but my VPS still isn't coming online.

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2018

Cancel it and reorder a new one. You may be at an unstable node. This is faster than dealing with OVH support.

I keep a VPS at OVH for kicks and it's been rock solid for 2 years (no node downtime but few network downtime)

Thanked by 1rED
  • @deank said:
    Cancel it and reorder a new one. You may be at an unstable node. This is faster than dealing with OVH support.

I keep a VPS at OVH for kicks and it's been rock solid for 2 years (no node downtime but few network downtime)

hmm lol fuck this... I'll just switch to hetzner dedi now.

OVH has been unstable for me and their interface is kinda PITA sometimes. It takes me to canadian ovh and shows french language wtf.. I am from Asia lmao...

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Their web panel is in french for me as well. Fired up a ticket that never got replied.

I just use chrome auto translate now, lol.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2018

rED said: OVH has been unstable for me and their interface is kinda PITA sometimes. It takes me to canadian ovh and shows french language wtf.. I am from Asia lmao...

Just be thankful they even provide English support now. I remember back in the day when they would only provide support in French because of French pride. So it isn't too surprising that they have French set to the default language no matter who you are or where you are from.

Cheers!