Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is cpanel slowing down low end vps servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

For example can i go with cpanel on 40gb 2 core 4 gb ram 1000Mbit server?

Comments

• deankdeank Member, Troll

The end is nigh.

• @deank said:
    The end is nigh.

cpanel looks more noob friendly but somebody told me that it will slow down the server if its low end.

Quit chasing snake oil is what I'd say.

• folomfolom Member
    edited September 2018

@deank said:
    Quit chasing snake oil is what I'd say.

Dont understand.
    I expect more technical answers.

Okay, a site loading in 1.0 sec and a site loading in 1.2 second won't matter to our eyes despite the latter giving far less score.

• @deank said:
    Okay, a site loading in 1.0 sec and a site loading in 1.2 second won't matter to our eyes despite the latter giving far less score.

I see.

So going with big reliable ones would be much better in this case.
    They offer cpanel 4gb ram 2 cpu for 320 usd for 6 months. And bingo its managed.

• HostEONSHostEONS Member, Patron Provider

cPanel should be fine with above configuration

• eva2000eva2000 Veteran
    edited September 2018

Depends on size of your site(s) too as cpanel native backup process can be resource intensive especially if you have a decent sized site data file/databases to backup.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited September 2018

folom said: cpanel looks more noob friendly but somebody told me that it will slow down the server if its low end

What is their technical rational that cPanel slows down low end servers but does not slow down 'other' servers?

• In order to work properly cPanel needs a series of pre-allocated resources for itself. Like minimum 256 MB of RAM nowadays. If you're on a 512 MB VPS or even a 1 GB one then 50% or 25% of your RAM goes to cPanel.
    If you're hosting less than 5 sites and know what you're doing then avoid using a control panel. It is only an extra concern and resource eater.

• @folom said:

@deank said:

I see.

They offer cpanel 4gb ram 2 cpu for 320 usd for 6 months. And bingo its managed.

Im pretty sure @francisco can counter that with a better offer.

edited September 2018

@francisco for 2020.

Free VPs for all LET members.

Spec which I recall vaguely

4 shared cores
    16gb RAM
    2TB HDD

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@deank said:
    @francisco for 2020.

Free VPs for all LET members.

Spec which I recall vaguely

4 shared cores
    16gb RAM
    2TB HDD

Please don't do that.

Peoppe actually contact me about it.

Francisco

Thanked by 1AlwaysSkint
    edited September 2018

Which is sad, isn't it.

What kind of braindead moron would actually believe... Oh, well.

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

I think low end vpses are slowing down cPanel.

You need a case study. Low end vpses are oversold. That's a uncontrolled variable.

What you need is a controlled setting. Maybe apply for some research grants from clouvider. Make many vms using new hardware and super low hardware. Install cPanel trial scripts on all the vms. Run mining scripts on half of them. Host your site on another one. Test the speeds from different locations as your ISP might be screwing up.

Then repeat everything with different amount of vms and server loads. All on the same network.

Publish the research results on hosting journals.
    Sue cPanel. Become a let legend

• @teamacc said:

@folom said:

@deank said:

I see.

Im pretty sure @francisco can counter that with a better offer.

while fran most likely could do so, it probably is advisable not to. who wants OP as a customer anyway?
    wait for the thread complaining about his managed blabla provider not managing him an double A in gtmetrix...

• ChuckChuck Member
    edited September 2018

@deank said:
    Which is sad, isn't it.

dude, you have offended billions of Americans.

you have offended this dude too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sanders_presidential_campaign,_2016

Sanders campaign on the Democratic party:

• Sanders told the Associated Press on April 29, 2015, that he would release "very specific proposals" offer free higher education at public universities, and pass a single‑payer Medicare-for-All healthcare system.

Are you saying that politician, doctors, scientist, engineer, professor and low class people (voted for this Sanders braindead moron) are also braindead moron?

edited September 2018

i am not going to dignify that with an answer.

• @Chuck said:

@deank said:
    Which is sad, isn't it.

• Sanders told the Associated Press on April 29, 2015, that he would release "very specific proposals" offer free higher education at public universities, and pass a single‑payer Medicare-for-All healthcare system.

Are you saying that politician, doctors, scientist, engineer, professor and low class people (voted for this Sanders braindead moron) are also braindead moron?

Ye w0t m9

Thanked by 1Kris
  • ChuckChuck Member
    edited September 2018

@emgh said:

@Chuck said:

@deank said:
    Which is sad, isn't it.

Ye w0t m9

They dude ran a freaking campaign and billions Americans voted for him. braindead moron?

• Chuck said: They dude ran a freaking campaign and billions Americans voted for him. braindead moron?

Wondering how billions voted for this guy in the US elections ? FYI US population c.300 million. Voters c.200 million

• @kkrajk said:

Chuck said: They dude ran a freaking campaign and billions Americans voted for him. braindead moron?

Wondering how billions voted for this guy in the US elections ? FYI US population c.300 million. Voters c.200 million

fake voters

• Chuck said: Are you saying that politician, doctors, scientist, engineer, professor and low class people (voted for this Sanders braindead moron) are also braindead moron?

You type like shit and have grammar like a paid Russian.

Nothing worse than Trump voters and conservatives who read the Weekly Standard bringing up politics in unrelated threads.

Hilarious when their english strongly favors them being ESL or just very stupid.

Thanked by 1Chuck
  • I'm pretty sure that I'm not Russian. you're right about English as a Second Language.

• Sorry, just seemed odd derailing of a thread having nothing to do with politics while pissing on a specific democrat idea, while using poor grammar such as the inability to spell the plural 'politicians' properly.

Just seen a lot of it on Twitter lately, and thought it has poured over to LET. A lot of the 'fake news' sites were actually hosted by ITLDC.

• I have no respect for politicians. They are a bunch of blood-sucking parasites.

• @Chuck said:
    I have no respect for politicians. They are a bunch of blood-sucking parasites.

m9, whot dis hav 2do wis cpanel n’ vps?