Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scaleway Object storage is back
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Scaleway Object storage is back

Got the mail as below

Dear cloud rider,
We are very happy to invite you to discover the brand new Scaleway Object Storage in preview. The platform provides you a simple way to store and distribute your content, no matter the amount of data.
To import your first files, just go to the Storage section of your Scaleway account, select AMS1 and click on Create bucket. You can also use our S3-compatible API. An overview of the product and a FAQ are here to guide you.
Start using Scaleway Object Storage
During the preview, the service is available in Amsterdam for free and limited to 1 TB and 10 buckets per account.
If you need more space or if you want to report a bug, please send us an email at [email protected]. We count on your feedback to help us improve the product before its general availability!
Enjoying our storage service? Spread the word on Twitter.
Happy cloud riding,
The Scaleway team

Let see how it performs.

Comments

• Got it, but still unable to create a bucket.

I do not like this one
    https://www.scaleway.com/faq/object-storage/#-How-much-data-can-I-store

There is no limit on the total volume of data of a bucket, or the number of objects it can contain. However the bucket might slow down with a very large number of objects (>500 000).

500k files, not that much. I hoped they would have moved to openstack.

• @tsoft Have you been able to create a bucket? During the preview the service is available in our AMS1 Availability Zone. Don't hesitate to create a ticket or to send me a PM if you still have any issue.

Thanked by 2tsoft yomero
  • Well, what's the difference between this and Online C3?

• TomTom Member
    edited September 2018

Creling said: Online C3

A lot? - if I remember correctly, C14 is for very cold storage? e.g. I archived an archive on 2016-07-18 and haven't touched it since.

• Do you mean C14? That's not anything like object storage. It's more like AWS Glacier in an underground bunker, where you have to hoist data in and out of it by "elevator" taking hours. I use it and it's pretty cool but it's basically offline storage, designed for long term durability and low cost per TB, rather than easy accessibility.

• @bene_online how long will this preview be, and what wil the cost of 1TB storage+actions be afterwards?

• @Tripleflix I don't have the information yet, but the preview should last for some weeks.

• CrelingCreling Member
    edited September 2018

@Tom @willie wow, thank you for your info

Thanked by 1Tom
  • It's possible to add this object storage as storage to vps server?

• @mtsbatalha said:
    It's possible to add this object storage as storage to vps server?

yes, s3fs.

Thanked by 1mtsbatalha
  • terrible... no https for transfer on s3.nl-ams.scalewaydata.com

• willie said: Do you mean C14? That's not anything like object storage. It's more like AWS Glacier in an underground bunker, where you have to hoist data in and out of it by "elevator" taking hours. I use it and it's pretty cool but it's basically offline storage, designed for long term durability and low cost per TB, rather than easy accessibility.

What about C14 Intensive? C14 Intensive seems to be identical to this.

• niknik Member, Host Rep

@karatekidmonkey said:

willie said: Do you mean C14? That's not anything like object storage. It's more like AWS Glacier in an underground bunker, where you have to hoist data in and out of it by "elevator" taking hours. I use it and it's pretty cool but it's basically offline storage, designed for long term durability and low cost per TB, rather than easy accessibility.

What about C14 Intensive? C14 Intensive seems to be identical to this.

Isn't C14 in general just a FTP server where you upload your data and it get's archived?

• karatekidmonkey said: What about C14 Intensive? C14 Intensive seems to be identical to this.

C14 intensive is the exact same thing as C14 standard except it's billed differently. You get charged more per GB stored instead of getting charged for in/out transfers. Your files are in an offline archive and you can't access them without retrieving them to an scp area first, a slow process.

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • willie said: C14 intensive is the exact same thing as C14 standard except it's billed differently. You get charged more per GB stored instead of getting charged for in/out transfers. Your files are in an offline archive and you can't access them without retrieving them to an scp area first, a slow process.

Ah. Thanks for the info.

• Interesting. Let see how it compare with wasabi $4.99/TB unlimited egress