Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any chance I can get KVM with 20GB SSD; 2GB RAM; 1TB BW; 2 CPU Cores, with DDOS protection in US?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any chance I can get KVM with 20GB SSD; 2GB RAM; 1TB BW; 2 CPU Cores, with DDOS protection in US?

Hello mates,

There's an API service I built that I wish I can host on public. Actually it also "periodically" scrape another site to update its data. I'm kind of cheap and hoping I can get the following:

• KVM
  • 20GB SSD
  • 2GB RAM
  • 2CPU Cores
  • 1TB BW
  • DDOS protection >= 3GBPS mitigation
  • US Location

I have no idea on the actual value, but my initial thought would be on ~$5/mo? Actually cheapest offer somebody can link me here and I'll bite.

Regards,

Thanked by 1Arthas

Comments

• Did you even look first? People might not take kindly to you doing sweet fuck all for initial search. You didn't even have to scroll one page to see the Hiformance deal. That's in your price range. To get 2GB KVM, you'll likely need a promo. Or serverhunter thread for more search parameters.

It's true on all Internet forums, the regulars expect a basic amount of self reading before being spoonfed.

Thanked by 2ZiriusPH Arthas
  • LyphiardLyphiard Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2018

This might be slightly above your budget, but I can offer the following KVM VMs in Dallas, TX:

2GB RAM, 2 vCPU @ 3.70GHz, 30GB RAID-10 SSD, 2TB BW @ 1 Gbps => $10.00/m
    2GB RAM, 1 vCPU @ 3.70GHz, 15GB RAID-10 SSD, 2TB BW @ 1 Gbps => $7.50/m

DDoS protection is included on all plans. Pricing can be further reduced by 5% from paying quarterly, 10% semi-annually, and 15% annually.

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@ZiriusPH said:
    Hello mates,

There's an API service I built that I wish I can host on public. Actually it also "periodically" scrape another site to update its data. I'm kind of cheap and hoping I can get the following:

• KVM
    • 20GB SSD
    • 2GB RAM
    • 2CPU Cores
    • 1TB BW
    • DDOS protection >= 3GBPS mitigation
    • US Location

I have no idea on the actual value, but my initial thought would be on ~$5/mo? Actually cheapest offer somebody can link me here and I'll bite.

Regards,

https://qovic.com/virtual-servers

We can do 15Gbit/s in Los Angeles for $7/mo

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • creepcreep Member
    edited September 2018

BuyVM KVM Slice. I don't know how but their 2GB, 40GB SSD, Unlimited Bandwidth is $4.43 USD when I tried to checkout. It supposed to be $7 USD

wow, apparently their storage KVM 250GB HDD, 1GB Ram is discounted to $4.43 USD too. @Francisco ?

Thanked by 1ZiriusPH
  • @creep said:
    BuyVM KVM Slice. I don't know how but their 2GB, 40GB SSD, Unlimited Bandwidth is $4.43 USD when I tried to checkout. It supposed to be $7 USD

wow, apparently their storage KVM 250GB HDD, 1GB Ram is discounted to $4.43 USD too. @Francisco ?

Because they do pro-rata billing. If you signup today, you will be charged for 18 days only (12/09/2018-30/09/2018).

• The price is prorated for the remaining days in the current month. You will get a full bill next month.

• Thanks everyone, I used serverhunter and first to show up are OVH offers which I ignored, then Hetzner and Qovic. Qovic pricing is amazing, but very new compared to the established reputation of Hetzner. So I went with Hetzner, though I initially thought I needed US location. Oh well, if latency sucks I'll jump on Qovic :smiley:

Thanked by 1BharatB
  • letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

Hay please check

http://letbox.com/page/KVM

• Hetzner! Though you can feel the latency if you're from Asia.

If you still wish to have that cloud scalability but with closer DCs, I also recommend Linode and Vultr.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2018

TimboJones said: Did you even look first? People might not take kindly to you doing sweet fuck all for initial search.

Wow! And then, this:

TimboJones said: To get 2GB KVM, you'll likely need a promo.

You answered already yourself why he did open a thread to ask. And then, again, this:

TimboJones said: It's true on all Internet forums, the regulars expect a basic amount of self reading before being spoonfed.

OP obviously opened the thread to look for some custom offers and/or some recommendations from LET members (quality, hidden offers, experience with thew hoster etc.). it was a perfectly fine question to us. Why someone would not take kindly giving some sweet fuck suggestions to him? If you dont want/like/willing to help him, skip the thread and move forward. As you saw, others responded and did not being offended from his question...

Thanked by 1desperand
  • BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@ZiriusPH said:
    Thanks everyone, I used serverhunter and first to show up are OVH offers which I ignored, then Hetzner and Qovic. Qovic pricing is amazing, but very new compared to the established reputation of Hetzner. So I went with Hetzner, though I initially thought I needed US location. Oh well, if latency sucks I'll jump on Qovic :smiley:

We were formerly ReadyDedi so we're fairly old in the market. :)

• @jvnadr said:

TimboJones said: Did you even look first? People might not take kindly to you doing sweet fuck all for initial search.

Wow! And then, this:

TimboJones said: To get 2GB KVM, you'll likely need a promo.

You answered already yourself why he did open a thread to ask. And then, again, this:

TimboJones said: It's true on all Internet forums, the regulars expect a basic amount of self reading before being spoonfed.

OP obviously opened the thread to look for some custom offers and/or some recommendations from LET members (quality, hidden offers, experience with thew hoster etc.). it was a perfectly fine question to us. Why someone would not take kindly giving some sweet fuck suggestions to him? If you dont want/like/willing to help him, skip the thread and move forward. As you saw, others responded and did not being offended from his question...

It's pretty self explanatory. You have reading comprehension problems. He clearly did no searching for offers, that's my fucking point. He did no research nor knows expected price range. He just asks others to bring offers to him. On all other forums I use, spoonfeeding is discouraged. This is definition spoonfeeding. They need some understanding for any advice to be able to received.

I've been in the threads where advice is given but OP is incapable of understanding. It's fucking annoying.