Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi Dedicated for video streaming?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi Dedicated for video streaming?

How is Kimsufi Dedicated for video streaming? (rather than time4vps storage servers)

Comments

• it's only 100mbit so the network will become a bottleneck rather than the hdd.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

The network is decent but as said just 100Mbit, may get a Online if they have deals again with 1000Mbit, but keep in mind, the 1000Mbit is peak not permanent.

• If you're just streaming to yourself, 100 mbps is fine. If you have a large enough audience then 1gbps will fall short pretty quickly. In that case you should look into a streaming CDN, or make one yourself out of VPS's.

• Not very reliable for US, works better for EU. Speaking as a customer who bought with same intention and realized 10mb/s is the best the East Coast in the US gets, prob worse as you go further in. I now just use it for storage, VPN, and other basic things.

• If you don't need to encode, I don't think you need dedi. Just go for better network and use together with cheap/decent CDN depending on your budget.

• If plex is what you are using, go for Hetzner. If you dont want to pay what it costs, buy access to someone elses server.

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2018

If you want a Kimsufi to use in the US, get one in BHS Canada. I always get the full 100mbit from mine. From France transfer is slower, but still not too bad.

• I will go with online.net

• defaultdefault Veteran
    edited September 2018

I use Kimsufi for streaming to a small community. It works nice.