Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about Hetzner storage box
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Question about Hetzner storage box

Hi

Hetzner storage box comes with Concurrent connections 10

When attached to cloud/vps, does it's mean only able to handle 10 UV at the time? or it's mean something else?

Thanks

Ping @Hetzner_OL _OL

Comments

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2018

What do you mean by "attached" and "UV"? It's not mountable storage like NFS, it's just some file space that you can copy to by scp. You can mount it with sshfs but that's just ssh under the covers. Maximum 10 concurrent connections means what it says. You can't have 50 connections open at the same time. I don't know if accessing multiple files simultaneously by sshfs uses multiple connections though.

It's really intended as backup and archive space. Trying to use it as mountable storage (like with sshfs) kind of works but is marginal. If you want what it sounds like, you're probably better off getting an auction dedi and setting it up as an NFS server.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

I asked one of my colleagues to look at your post, @ferri, and he told me that @willie's answer was quite good and he couldn't really add anything to it. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 3levnode ferri marrco
  • @willie said:
    What do you mean by "attached" and "UV"? It's not mountable storage like NFS, it's just some file space that you can copy to by scp. You can mount it with sshfs but that's just ssh under the covers. Maximum 10 concurrent connections means what it says. You can't have 50 connections open at the same time. I don't know if accessing multiple files simultaneously by sshfs uses multiple connections though.

It's really intended as backup and archive space. Trying to use it as mountable storage (like with sshfs) kind of works but is marginal. If you want what it sounds like, you're probably better off getting an auction dedi and setting it up as an NFS server.

Thanks @willie

Your post answering my doubt :smile:

Sorry for late reply