Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any other host that gives better pricing than Hetzner?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any other host that gives better pricing than Hetzner?

Hetzner has the most cost effective dedicated servers and I was wondering if there is anyone else that gives same or better specs for a better pricing?

Comments

• Not on any regular basis. Occasionally you can find a promo or a specialized offer that's better. What are you looking for?

• @willie said:
    Not on any regular basis. Occasionally you can find a promo or a specialized offer that's better. What are you looking for?

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/ex40-ssd/

Something similar to this but it has 2 x 240gb ssd. I would be happy with only one.
    They don't even have quarterly or yearly discount :p If only I could find the similar deal around $35 else where.

• See if anything on https://checkservers.ovh/ suits you. Also look at https://www.worldstream.nl/en/dedicated/premium/info and use the order form's customization options to swap the hdd for an ssd and opt for the annual discount (4.2 euro/m iirc).

Thanked by 1rED
  • cheapest hetzners auction server with 2x240G ssd and 32G is ~$31 at this moment...

if one ssd suits you and you can deal with less CPU power maybe @qps can sort you out?

Thanked by 2pike rED
  • ehabehab Member
    edited September 2018

Hetzner also has support ... so you know .. No other host that gives better pricing & support than Hetzner

Thanked by 4rED Wicked Hetzner_OL eol
  • @Falzo said:
    cheapest hetzners auction server with 2x240G ssd and 32G is ~$31 at this moment...

if one ssd suits you and you can deal with less CPU power maybe @qps can sort you out?

You could just get an auction one and add an ssd for like 6.5 euro/month, brings your total even further down, to around 28.35 ex tax.

Thanked by 2rED ferri
  • @willie said:
    worldstream.nl

Do you have any idea about pricing in https://webzilla.com/dedicated-servers.html ?

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2018

If you pay more yes but otherwise no.
    Hetzner is the best you can get if the location not matters.

Thanked by 1eol
  • deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited September 2018

Be careful what you wish for is what I'd say.

When you go too low, you only get scammed in the end. Happens all the time on LET.

Thanked by 2Falzo rohidev
  • tsofttsoft Member
    edited September 2018

@deank said:
    When you go too low, you only get scammed in the end. Happens all the time on LET.

When you go high, you get scammed anyway, paying for overpriced trash.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

Well, 7 is the highest you go on LET. If you get scammed at that price point, the joke is on you sadly.

• teamacc said: You could just get an auction one and add an ssd for like 6.5 euro/month, brings your total even further down, to around 28.35 ex tax.

How do you add hardware to Hetzner Auction servers?

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited September 2018

@karatekidmonkey said:

teamacc said: You could just get an auction one and add an ssd for like 6.5 euro/month, brings your total even further down, to around 28.35 ex tax.

How do you add hardware to Hetzner Auction servers?

check pricing and options here: https://www.hetzner.com/flexipack/?country=ot

open a ticket regarding the server you want to have upgraded and just let them know what you want to have :-)

probably easiest to leave the server in rescue mode and give it a go directly after the server has been deployed... will take them only a few hours or less to set you up. you'll see the price on the next invoice, easy as that.

edit: ofc your request needs to be within the limits of available connectors and slots for the drives etc.

Thanked by 1Hetzner_OL
  • @Falzo said:
    cheapest hetzners auction server with 2x240G ssd and 32G is ~$31 at this moment...

When I click on "Order" the total automatically goes €7 extra than the price shown on the auction page, the $31 one shows $39-ish. Happens to all the servers on auction page.

• @NGDatacenter said:

Looking for germany location?
    https://www.kimsufi.com/en/vps-ssd.xml

They're VPS. I am looking for a dedi.

Current one I have is from OVH only, SSD3-VPS looking to upgrade to dedi.

• HostlovinHostlovin Member, Host Rep

@rED said:

@Falzo said:

When I click on "Order" the total automatically goes €7 extra than the price shown on the auction page, the $31 one shows $39-ish. Happens to all the servers on auction page.

Probably vat tax.

After reading the comments, anything besides hetzner is a scam> @tsoft said:

@deank said:

When you go high, you get scammed anyway, paying for overpriced trash.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • https://www.hostgator.com/dedicated-server

Great example. Lowest offer for Xeon-D (!) with HDD and 8G memory starts from 190$ per month! Well, you can order more powerful vps from hetzner for 30 euro. Fully managed means they just update software once a week or less.

• williewillie Member
    edited September 2018

Person seems to be looking for dedicated server, not small vps like those.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

if you don't need support then you can check prices of online.net

Thanked by 1rED
  • always ask for SLA as going for cheap prices you will end up server with downtimes drastically effecting your business. Hetzner prices are ok. leaseweb has sale currently. you can check them.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

You may get better conditions if you contact providers (whom own their own infrastructure) privately: they usually don't go for the low end market and they usually don't expose public offerings; moreover, they're likely not interested in single 20€/mo deals.

Alternatively, you can't beat the Germans on their structured logistic and organization skills. It's something in their milk or beer, I don't know. Competition with them can't happen (and doesn't happen) on price alone.

Thanked by 2rED torrbox
  • Falzo said: open a ticket regarding the server you want to have upgraded and just let them know what you want to have :-)

Ah, I wasn't aware that Hetzner would add hardware to Auction servers since there isn't an option in Robot. Thanks!

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @GTHost said:
    if you don't need support then you can check prices of online.net

Online seems the only one to come close to hetzner's pricing.

Thanks guys.. I'll just search for ongoing promo from other hosts, if not then I'll just go with hetzner.

• webzilla.com

Their pricing is insane

Example:

Dell R320/ 1x E5-2430v2/ 64 GB/ 2x 480 GB SSD Kingston
    Location - Amsterdam
    310 EUR per month

Network
    1 Gbps speed port
    10 Mbps prepaid
    20 EUR / month
    1 Mbps overusage - 2.5 EUR

• Hetzner is absolutely amazing. I was lucky to snag a sub 20 eur 3770 before they went unmetered gigabit. At some point I asked for an SSD to be added and they did it in 15 minutes. Nothing can beat this.

Thanked by 2eol Wolveix
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

No, if the location does not matter, its the best price.
    But since the pricing goes up, since the unlimited thing they pulled off, that may opens other options.

• do you have a thing for old printers and a pager maybe?

Thanked by 1Shazan
  • @Falzo said:

do you have a thing for old printers and a pager maybe?

dafuq?