Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for chatroom for my community, an alternative to ArrowChat and RocketChat.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for chatroom for my community, an alternative to ArrowChat and RocketChat.

Hello, I'm looking for chatroom for my community, an alternative to ArrowChat and RocketChat. Would prefer free/open source. However a one time fee may also be acceptable. Not trying to pay monthly for something. I want this self hosted and loathe Discord. What are your suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• IRC + a decent Web-based client

• i dont know. slack maybe, or zulipchat.

• Mr_TomMr_Tom Member, Host Rep

I'd go with IRC personally, but whenever that's unavailable I've only ever used rocket chat. There's plenty of XMPP systems out there too.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

Matrix, and bridge eventual already existing Telegram, Whatsapp, discord channels and whatever millennials use nowadays along with IRC, slack, mattermost and whatnot. An admin collaborating to a couple of common projects managed to latch Riot, IRC, Telegram and discord without going (completely) insane so it's possible

Riot should be available as app on all mobile platforms

• Anything that is totally web based? preferably javascript, php, etc. Zulip Chat does look interesting though.

• If you go the IRC route:

https://thelounge.chat/

might be useful.