Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gocardless Gateway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Gocardless Gateway

Few months ago i discover GoCardless gateway, isn't a credit card gateway but work with ban wire.

You client add him iban and you receive money. Is very cheap, the commission fee is max 2€

You receive money in a couple days, also i possibile make subscription payment.

It's good review, the only things i dont like it manage the dispute with client, they take money from the first payment you receive.

Comments

• pikepike Veteran
    edited September 2018

Well, payments via bank wire are free normally (or fees are paid by the buyer). It's called Lastschrift in germany, I don't know if there's an equivalent in your country.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@pike said:
    Well, payments via bank wire are free normally (or fees are paid by the buyer). It's called Lastschrift in germany, I don't know if there's an equivalent in your country.

It’s not wire, it’s Direct Debit.

Thanked by 1pike
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2018

We have direct debit as well as Interac eTransfers (similar to FAST, etc in other countries; instant fund transfers) in Canada. Interac can be used as a payment gateway though.

• ma2tma2t Member
    edited September 2018

chiccorosso said: It's good review, the only things i dont like it manage the dispute with client, they take money from the first payment you receive.

It's because your customer can decide to chargeback all your payments up to 8 weeks after the debit date. And with some bank it's very easy to do, without providing any good reason, so they're just protecting themselves against that.

• yes it's direct debit.

@pike Lastschrift it's work like sofort?

@ma2t this is suck! i know but every time go to lawyer and judje?

• @chiccorosso said:
    @ma2t this is suck! i know but every time go to lawyer and judje?

I guess it depend of your business and who your customers are.
    Because some peoples are abusing of direct debit by using IBANs found on the internet... I already had this issue when someone was using our company IBAN on Online.net to order some big servers.

• Waiting a week to find out if your payment will be honoured and very easy chatgebacks make DD a bad choice for low end hosts. In other industries, it works great. Also Adyen now offers Direct Debit and it's cheaper.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • jh said: Waiting a week to find out if your payment will be honoured and very easy chatgebacks make DD a bad choice for low end hosts.

I totally agree with you.

jh said: Also Adyen now offers Direct Debit and it's cheaper.

Last time I checked, they asked to charge 1000 transactions/months minimum so I chose to work with Mollie (€0.25/DD).

• JamesFJamesF Member, Host Rep

We use Gocardless via WHMCS connected to Xero and it works great. No minimum sales.

• @ma2t said:

Last time I checked, they asked to charge 1000 transactions/months minimum so I chose to work with Mollie (€0.25/DD).

It's changed

Also thank you for discover this alternative.

Thanked by 1ma2t