Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cloudxtiny.co.uk issues
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cloudxtiny.co.uk issues

jtkjtk Member
edited September 2018 in Providers

Please note, I'm not asking for help. I'm simply drawing attention to potential problems with a specific provider, especially to those that may be customers.

On or around August 24, 2018 I reported (ticket #137767) a recently renewed (yearly) VM was down. The portal was reporting "Configuration file 'nodes/node01-ssd/qemu-server/151.conf' does not exist". Ticket was marked low priority. A few days later the portal message was ""The VM creation is now in progress. Please try again later." That same message remains today. I am unable to proceed since there is no way to automatically re-install the VM in this state that I can see.

Unfortunately there has been no response to the ticket as of this writing. I tried contacting the provider at the phone listed on 2018-09-05. The contact phone number is not available (verified via operator). There has been a mass email and Tweet about unrelated problems since the opening of my ticket, so presumably the provider has not gone entirely dark.

I sent a private message here to @CloudxtnyHost on 2018-08-30 who I see has been active recently, but no response to me here either.

Not being able to get any response it looks like my only last remaining move is to open up a case with the payment processing provider. I was hoping to avoid having to do that.

Hopefully this is just an innocent oversight. Either way I will plan to update this thread with the final result.

Comments

• jtkjtk Member

Not long after the creation of this thread, I got a response to the ticket I originally opened. A VM was rebuilt, but with an OS other than the one I wanted. There was no way to re-install with any OS. The provider soon thereafter did agree to issue a refund, for which I'm grateful. I had to go through the PayPal dispute process, which takes some time, but was promptly settled once complete.

This provider used to be httpzoom and things seemed fine under that name (and presumably a different owner), but things sure seemed to have changed and not for the better in my experience.

Moderator(s), feel free to close this thread.

• I've used their services (both httpzoom and clouxtiny)

It is simply not a good service. Extended periods of downtime, signals that their entire setup isn't up to par. I'd recommend avoiding and moving on.

• Chargeback + Find a new provider. No shortage of suppliers.

No need for this bullshit from these "don't give a shit" operators.

• By the way, they called the £3/year VM "recurring" in some previous threads, however, it turns to be £8 from the second year.

• Closed as per OP’s request

This discussion has been closed.